West Farms Moves and Possible Moves

I Run Trains

Wassup y'all.. On My brake today, i went to hang out with my B/O friend at West Farms and i've heard some interesting things thats about to happen and somethings that are being talked about.

- starting on Sept 2 (the New Pick) The Bx36 will be all Artics

- The next line to go SBS might Be the Bx19

- Might Be sending The Bx15 and Bx17 to KB, and The Bx39 to West Farms. (Another Friend the drives out of GH said It was talks about the Bx15 going to GH)

- The Bx35 MIGHT have Artics on some rush hour runs.

Now before anybody try to attack my post, AS I SAID THIS WAS THE CONVO THE DRIVERS AT THE DEPOT WAS HAVING... The only thing that seems like its happening is the Bx36 all Artics. 

LOL... Yes, take such conversations with a grain of salt.  I had a B/O buddy out of Yonkers who swore up and down that they were cutting service on the BxM2.  He's like YEAH, I think they cut some trips, and I'm like really?  I went to check the new schedule and it was the same as it has been for years. I'm not saying what they talked about can't happen, but sometimes these guys fall over themselves with random chatter. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

2 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

LOL... Yes, take such conversations with a grain of salt.  I had a B/O buddy out of Yonkers who swore up and down that they were cutting service on the BxM2.  He's like YEAH, I think they cut some trips, and I'm like really?  I went to check the new schedule and it was the same as it has been for years. I'm not saying what they talked about can't happen, but sometimes these guys fall over themselves with random chatter. 

yeah but one of the guys talking was a superintendent...... Must be some truth

1 minute ago, I Run Trains said:

yeah but one of the guys talking was a superintendent...... Must be some truth

Perhaps... I tend to only believe it if it comes from higher-ups. Over the years I've heard so many stories from B/Os, then check with a higher-up and it's not true.  I think the SBS lines make a lot of sense though.  

45 minutes ago, I Run Trains said:

Now before anybody try to attack my post, AS I SAID THIS WAS THE CONVO THE DRIVERS AT THE DEPOT WAS HAVING... The only thing that seems like its happening is the Bx36 all Artics

35 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You really like to make something out of nothing not that I care despite what others (more you vg8) would say

Nonetheless, let's say this is happening. How could the Bx17 move to KB without a standard route in return? Unless the Bx39 uses more 40 fters than I give credit to.

4 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

You really like to make something out of nothing not that I care despite what others (more you vg8) would say

Nonetheless, let's say this is happening. How could the Bx17 move to KB without a standard route in return? Unless the Bx39 uses more 40 fters than I give credit to.

who knows! WF is expected to get more new buses thou

8 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Not really... I'm just saying... Take anything with a grain of salt until it happens, especially these days.  I don't even think the agency knows fully what they want to do on a day to day basis, especially not with their budget situation.

1 hour ago, I Run Trains said:

Wassup y'all.. On My brake today, i went to hang out with my B/O friend at West Farms and i've heard some interesting things thats about to happen and somethings that are being talked about.

- Might Be sending The Bx15 and Bx17 to KB, and The Bx39 to West Farms. (Another Friend the drives out of GH said It was talks about the Bx15 going to GH)

Now before anybody try to attack my post, AS I SAID THIS WAS THE CONVO THE DRIVERS AT THE DEPOT WAS HAVING... The only thing that seems like its happening is the Bx36 all Artics. 

if the bx36 goes artic it's not a conversion?

4 hours ago, I Run Trains said:

Individual bus operators don't make such decisions. If it's in the pick, then it's definite; otherwise, it's just speculation.

3 hours ago, I Run Trains said:

If true:

Bx36: I see the short turns still being 40fts.

Bx19: needs all the help it can get.

Bx15/39: I'm definitely biased on this as a KB rider but IMO they consistently gets the short end of the stick... they lost Bx55 LTD runs for Bx15 local runs which sucked for operators (I also can't think of another route where the locals are at 1 depot and the LTDs are at another). Then the Bx41 for the Bx39 which meant no SBS runs and longer deadheads. Every time a new order comes in either GH gets them first (NGs/LFS), they have to split it with GH (47xxs) or they get hand me downs that have been walloped elsewhere (the LFSAs). Putting the Bx15 out of KB would be a step in the right direction. 

Bx17: see below

Bx35: makes sense

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

How could the Bx17 move to KB without a standard route in return? Unless the Bx39 uses more 40 fters than I give credit to.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.... The only route that can move to KB without them needing a lot more buses is the Bx32 (which would make more sense).  I feel like it's like the Bx9, you might see 1-2 daily.

We've been knew about the Bx36 for a while now it was just the Bx6 local that was annoucned recently. But sbs is being put on hold until the bus network redesign. So the Bx19 might be called something else and maybe some routes are switching depots. With the bronx being the first borough to have its network redesigned I could see why there's talk about buses being moved. 

6 hours ago, I Run Trains said:

Not trying to attack this post. However, I got a few issues...

Bx17: In the brightest of ideas I cannot see WF getting rid of this and send to KB. If you would of told me Gun Hill I'd take that.. To me the Bx32 to KB would make more sense since it's close proximity to terminal at VA Hosp and KB Bus depot.

Bx15 Gun Hill vs Kingsbridge. I see that KB wants to give WF the Bx39. This would make perfect sense since the Bx27 and Bx39 terminate in Clasons Point and the Bx27 is by way of WF this swap would be good. However, knowing Bronx Division, the 15 would end up being Gun Hill.

Bx19SBS. Wait until 2022.

Bx35: About time they try some artics on that line. Since WF is going to have a heap of those artics while JG is in transition mode.

13 hours ago, I Run Trains said:

Even with the new XN60s coming in, there isn't enough artics to make the Bx36 an articulated line, especially since the Bx6 local is supposed to become fully artic as well. After the B82 goes SBS, they're putting a hold on the SBS program until after the bus redesign

8 minutes ago, MTA Bus said:

Even with the new XN60s coming in, there isn't enough artics to make the Bx36 an articulated line, especially since the Bx6 local is supposed to become fully artic as well. After the B82 goes SBS, they're putting a hold on the SBS program until after the bus redesign

There will be enough. The XN60 Order will have WF with more artics than prior, and the Bx6 local wouldn't need any more than 10-11 Buses during peak hours, especially with the frequencies being split with the Bx6 +SBS+, mind that the Bx6 is a short 4 mile route requiring less buses than the Bx36. You may also note that WF will still keep their LFSA's and be receiving a few more from a couple of Manhattan depot's to kill off the remaining D60HF fleet.

Edited by WestFarms36

15 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Individual bus operators don't make such decisions. If it's in the pick, then it's definite; otherwise, it's just speculation.

dude... i work here! don't you think i would know that?! smh..... the bx36 is definite. don't know bout the rest

8 hours ago, MTA Bus said:

WF currently has about 75 artics for local service, with 16 for SBS and some already running the Bx36. After the order is complete, there will be about 140 artics total, 125 for local service. That's more than enough for the Bx36 and Bx6 conversion. 

Also remember displaced LFSA from SBS are due to displace some XN60s to Brooklyn. The XN60s retired some D60s at the moment and it wasn't even supposed to.

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

I've always wondered about that.... Do MTA b/o's in general really care about which route goes where (depot-wise or routing-wise)?

If so, in terms of depots, which depots are quote-unquote preferred to work out of?

A B/O (I think it might've been youngblaze) mentioned that certain depots like Tuskegee are known for having fewer high-paying runs available compared to depots like West Farms, where there's a lot of longer/higher-paying runs. I'm sure some of them take that into consideration when deciding which depot to work out of.

33 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

WF currently has about 75 artics for local service, with 16 for SBS and some already running the Bx36. After the order is complete, there will be about 140 artics total, 125 for local service. That's more than enough for the Bx36 and Bx6 conversion. 

Also remember displaced LFSA from SBS are due to displace some XN60s to Brooklyn. The XN60s retired some D60s at the moment and it wasn't even supposed to.

Replacement of LFSA's for XD60's to Flatbush and MCH (Mother Clara Hale)

XN60's to Gleason.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, I Run Trains said:

i currently work at KB. leaving work a few days ago, a union rep mentioned that the bx15 limited to KB could be a reality down the line. anything else listed here regarding bronx division is "news" to me