The SIM Treatment

2 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The 4 runs on a 6 minute headway, it's gonna happen. A lot of bus bunching is just from the small headways. I did the 6 on a 3 min headway and I was with my leader the whole way. Nothing I could do.

It can be avoided if each driver left ON TIME. The problem is every B/O does their own thing.  Commuter trains leave at the scheduled time and they don't wait for people.  Buses always get caught up. Either the B/O decides he needs to leave late, OR keeps opening the damn door to pick up more people.  Drives me nuts. I was an M101 bus on Thursday that did this. The guy kept sitting at every stop.  With buses being so frequent you guys should be instructed to pick up and keep going and let the next bus get who ever gets left.  

45 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It can be avoided if each driver left ON TIME. The problem is every B/O does their own thing.  Commuter trains leave at the scheduled time and they don't wait for people.  Buses always get caught up. Either the B/O decides he needs to leave late, OR keeps opening the damn door to pick up more people.  Drives me nuts. I was an M101 bus on Thursday that did this. The guy kept sitting at every stop.  With buses being so frequent you guys should be instructed to pick up and keep going and let the next bus get who ever gets left.  

Agreed. A 3 minute headway should stay a 3 minute headway. You don't see the subway repeatedly opening the door for people (Unless is people are blocking the doors from closing).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 2:22 PM, Lil 57 said:

Agreed. A 3 minute headway should stay a 3 minute headway. You don't see the subway repeatedly opening the door for people (Unless is people are blocking the doors from closing).

The thing is, there's also the driver themselves. One might see a yellow light and floor it, and the other might see a yellow light and stop. After a few intersections, the difference adds up and they end up coming together.

Archived