SIM Introduction

BM5 via Woodhaven

Just now, S78 via Hylan said:

We have to give it time. There’s people out there who don’t know about the new network yet.

I personally don't see that SIM2 route doing that well on weekends. I mean really... Who in the hell is going to Tottenville @05:45 in the morning during the weekend??? lol

The (MTA) also screwed up yet again with typos... They have the SIM1C AND SIM2 both supposedly going to Tottenville on the website... 

10 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I personally don't see that SIM2 route doing that well on weekends. I mean really... Who in the hell is going to Tottenville @05:45 in the morning during the weekend??? lol

The (MTA) also screwed up yet again with typos... They have the SIM1C AND SIM2 both supposedly going to Tottenville on the website... 

Prove it to me! The maps got it right!

10 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I personally see the SIM2 getting more service during the weekends. Especially when there are people coming from Deep South of the Island. Supposed if I was going from spot at 5:45A on a Saturday morning? Remember? You have people that work on Saturdays now.

11 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

I personally see the SIM2 getting more service during the weekends. Especially when there are people coming from Deep South of the Island. Supposed if I was going from spot at 5:45A on a Saturday morning? Remember? You have people that work on Saturdays now.

I think you’ll see people riding the SIM2 into Manhattan on a Saturday morning (once they figure out the service is available), but I don’t think you’ll see people riding the SIM2 out of Manhattan towards Tottenville at 5:45am on a Saturday...

3 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Please. Tottenville is mainly residential. Sure I could see people going to Manhattan, but who in the hell is supposed to be riding to Tottenville that early in the morning? I don't see any reverse commuters doing that, but time will tell. Perhaps people that want to hang out late. The old X1 was comprised of such people, including myself. That's how I know.

3 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Prove it to me! The maps got it right!

You have to first be able to get to the right map. The landing page for Staten Island for the express buses is incorrect. It just creates more confusion with typos.

9 hours ago, SIMplicity said:

I think you’ll see people riding the SIM2 into Manhattan on a Saturday morning (once they figure out the service is available), but I don’t think you’ll see people riding the SIM2 out of Manhattan towards Tottenville at 5:45am on a Saturday...

Maybe have the SIM2 start later on Weekends but have the SIM2 end later.

8 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

That would make more sense. They did the same thing here in Riverdale on Sundays. The first trip back to Riverdale starts later but the last trip is later and it sees good usage (10 - 15 passengers).

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

I agree. Aside from people who work weekends, people going into the city on Saturday would probably go in the early afternoon and come back late in the evening, as late as 1am even.

1 minute ago, SIMplicity said:

I agree. Aside from people who work weekends, people going into the city on Saturday would probably go in the early afternoon and come back late in the evening, as late as 1am even.

The one thing that is great about having the SIM1 24/7 now is people don't have to run to get that last bus. I used to hate that. One time I was watching a boxing match in the City with friends. We had just finished bar hopping around most of the day and were just smashed and then we were settled in at this one bar that had the match. I could only watch a few rounds. I had to get a cab and fast, which on a Saturday night is almost impossible.  Found one in a few minutes at a light, got him to haul @ss down to the Broadway and Morris (I believe) or whatever that last stop is before it turns to go into the tunnel.  He left me close to the (4)(5) station. Here I am buzzed out of my mind, running up to Broadway laughing my @ss off to get the last bus. I barely made it and got a seat to myself.  I've had similar instances further up in Midtown. Got a cab by MSG on 8th and 34th, had the guy haul @ss down West street to get to that last stop.  Then there's getting a cab once you get on to Staten Island too... I didn't give it much thought then, but living on Staten Island and going to the City to have a night out is not cheap. The cabs, plus restaurants or bars... It adds up quick.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That would make more sense. They did the same thing here in Riverdale on Sundays. The first trip back to Riverdale starts later but the last trip is later and it sees good usage (10 - 15 passengers).

10-15 passengers? Pleeeeaaasseeee!

Archived