MTA Bus Operations: On-board screens and announcements

MysteriousBtrain

XD40 bus 7617 had transfers on them, since I was on it today going to the Fulton Street stop. However, some stops do not list all of the transfers. From my experience, the Avenue H stop is missing the B6, B6 LTD, and the BM2, and the Eastern Pkwy stop is missing the subway transfers and the B45. When will this be fixed?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

XD40 bus 7617 had transfers on them, since I was on it today going to the Fulton Street stop. However, some stops do not list all of the transfers. From my experience, the Avenue H stop is missing the B6, B6 LTD, and the BM2, and the Eastern Pkwy stop is missing the subway transfers and the B45. When will this be fixed?

Practice some patience. Although all the screens don’t have transfers YET and they will have the soon. You should at the least have an generalization as a commuter to where you are going whether it’s on a bus to Kings Plaza or going to Manhattan. 

#rantover #fin 

23 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Practice some patience. Although all the screens don’t have transfers YET and they will have the soon. You should at the least have an generalization as a commuter to where you are going whether it’s on a bus to Kings Plaza or going to Manhattan. 

#rantover #fin 

IDK if whatever he's talking about is true or false, but in general, with these technological implementations, there's too much half-assing going on.... It's hard to take a company (or in this case, an entity) seriously if they have blatant omissions like that....

I refuse to patronize an establishment if there's any misspellings or inconsistencies on any of their signs or awnings (I'm not talking about the name of the company [that can amount to freedom of expression], but you have some storefronts that list some of what they sell on the awning itself)... I mean, I don't know what a "sycilan" slice is to want to pay $2.50 for it... Lol.... I'm straight on that.

#gohardorgohome #istilldontsupportfarebeaters #leastheaintnuthuggingthistime

Edited by B35 via Church

7 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

IDK if whatever he's talking about is true or false, but in general, with these technological implementations, there's too much half-assing going on.... It's hard to take a company (or in this case, an entity) seriously if they have blatant omissions like that....

I refuse to patronize an establishment if there's any misspellings or inconsistencies on any of their signs or awnings (I'm not talking about the name of the company [that can amount to freedom of expression], but you have some storefronts that list some of what they sell on the awning itself)... I mean, I don't know what a "sycilan" slice is to want to pay $2.50 for it... Lol.... I'm straight on that.

#gohardorgohome #istilldontsupportfarebeaters #leastheaintnuthuggingthistime

2nd part of this statement is correct. I’m definitely the same way. 

However, the (MTA) did that on themselves to get these informational screens without doing proper homework on the companies that they selected and don’t say that the dog ate work. 1/2 ass work only equals frustration and aggravation. 

16 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

719 has what looks to me like a completely different sign from the others (version 5?)

51327435_2362501667311132_58710853457595

That looks an awful lot like the ones they put on the next gens. That said i've never rode an xn40 so idk if that's the same screen or not...

We don't really need to post which buses have the transfer announcements since it's been established that most (if not all) of the ones with Version 2 have them at this point.

Also, XN40 #715 has the Version 3 screens as well and I'm guessing more of the XN40s have / are getting them as well

• 2 weeks later...

If this wasn’t mentioned already, 7334 just had its screens reactivated following being decommissioned from B46 SBS Duty. I was just on it on the B46 Local from Avenue L to Avenue K and when the doors opened, it said “Bridge Plaza via Utica”, then announced the next stop when in motion. Transfer announcements seem outdated (said B82 LTD instead of B82 SBS).

3 hours ago, JubaionBx12+SBS said:

I don't know what version of the screens are on the 55xx buses GunHill Depot is getting but the "Please Exit Through the Rear Door" announcement is done by the same voice that announces the stops. Also, I didn't know there was a Bx12 Plus route in the bus system. 

They have Version 2. You see how your username is JubaionBx12+SBS? Basically the screen has Bx12+ as the term for SBS, and the automated voice reads "+" as "plus".