MTA Bus Operations: On-board screens and announcements

MysteriousBtrain

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised to see 4518 without any screens inside.

I mean, I understand why a bus like 4527 wouldn’t have screens since it came from Gun Hill, but 4518 has been at Fresh Pond for a LONG time plus most (if not the rest) of the #45xx’s at Fresh Pond have screens....

I’m sure that if 4518 does receive screens at one point, it will be Version 3, but as of now, the bus does not have any sort of screens on-board.

Edited by Snorunts

Just when I thought every 2015 New Flyer XD40 at Fresh Pond had the Version 3 screens on-board, 7285 still doesn’t have any screens yet.

I was a little disappointed since I let a 2019 New Flyer XD40 go just so I could ride a bus which I thought would have Version 3 screens.

3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Just when I thought every 2015 New Flyer XD40 at Fresh Pond had the Version 3 screens on-board, 7285 still doesn’t have any screens yet.

I was a little disappointed since I let a 2019 New Flyer XD40 go just so I could ride a bus which I thought would have Version 3 screens.

So does 7295. That doesn’t have screens either. 

On 7/31/2019 at 5:31 PM, Snorunts said:

7262, 7267, 7279 - Version 3

7285, 7295 - NONE 😔

None on 7288 either. I’m going to do my best and focus on the 2009 Orion VII Next Generation and 2015 New Flyer XD40 buses at the Fresh Pond Depot as well as the 2011-2013 New Flyer C40LF buses at the Jackie Gleason Depot.

665 has no screens installed either, and I’m not sure if any buses in the 659-672 batch do, I’m hoping some of you can be on the lookout as well. I’ll hunt them more on the B61 and B63.