MTA Bus Operations: On-board screens and announcements

MysteriousBtrain

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Finally these new XD40s announce transfers. When are they going to add them on the XD40s in Brooklyn? Its long overdue.

Also, any videos of it in action?

Dude relax they will update the boards when they have the chance lol. Right now they're worried about just getting the buses in for the shuttle. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3939 bus has the announcements turned on. It's on M10 right now. Announcements are pretty spot on. Only front screen works, rear is blank.

Only grip I have about it is that it says 'underscore' inbetween transfer buses.

Edited by Statty

4038 (LGA) has screens. Rear one is blank, front one is flashing myMTA and LGA airport ads on the right half while the left half is black with blue "WELCOME ABOARD" text displayed.

also it smells like someone shat on board this bus..

Edited by Orion6025

54 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

A lot of the NGs on the S79 are frozen or completely off with only the announcements working

None of them work either. The screens are either completely off or show the ads. No talking or nothing, you can't even see if the stop request sign was pulled or not. At least with the Novas, the Stop Requested sign on the screens work, along with the ads, but the next stop info is frozen on a stop with no announcements. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

4 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

None of them work either. The screens are either completely off or show the ads. No talking or nothing, you can't even see if the stop request sign was pulled or not. At least with the Novas, the Stop Requested sign on the screens work, along with the ads, but the next stop info is frozen on a stop with no announcements. 

A good hand full have them reactivated. 4265, 4269 and a few more. I only see the Nova issue on the the S57 and probably the S54 coming out of the hospital. (It would work fine until it gets out the hospital and then freezes)

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

All of the Nova's on SI have their screens deactivated. 

Word idk what happened, they've been buggin the past few weeks, now they're just fried. Maybe it was a shitty installation. More money going to waste.  @Via Garibaldi 8 check this out, more taxpayer dollars going to waste smh. 

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

75% of the time at what cost?? 

No clue on the pricing of that stuff man.... Above my pay grade... Lol

But I can't see them being down for long have to just be waiting on updated software I assume

Edited by trife86

11 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm going to personally hit up Andy Byford and tell him yoo yall are wasting money on all these various screen types. Install the Luminators (Version 4) on all buses and call it the day, period. 

I was on an M4 this morning with automated stops (no screens though). They had the old announcements for the X17C and X17J. <_<

31 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I'm going to personally hit up Andy Byford and tell him yoo yall are wasting money on all these various screen types. Install the Luminators (Version 4) on all buses and call it the day, period. 

They probably are using more than one to speed up the installments. With only one supplier it might take longer. (granted it should be done right but this is MTA lol)

3 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

They probably are using more than one to speed up the installments. With only one supplier it might take longer. (granted it should be done right but this is MTA lol)

I'd rather one that works perfectly than half assed from different companies. Who cares how long it takes. They installed the Version 2s on all the Novas in S.I and boom, they don't work LMAO. What's the difference from not having one and it not working? The ones on the MTA Bus C40LFs are spot on in terms of accuracy leaving and arriving at stops, refresh rates, announcing transfers and more. 

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I was on an M4 this morning with automated stops (no screens though). They had the old announcements for the X17C and X17J. <_<

You were probably on one of those Orion NG buses that were used on the M34 with the red-letter text making announcements on the top front of the bus. I don't think those have any correlation to BusTime, so who knows when those were last updated smh.