Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

6 minutes ago, Chro said:

Yeah, crazy man. Been getting crazy, first it was going to be December, then we held out till jan and now we're in feb. 

Me and you both bro i been dying to quit hahaha we can only wait bro no one really knows wassup smh heard mad different stuff

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

I don’t get that either having us take the SPA so early which I though which would mean vacancies occur now it seem like they nowhere near close to us yet smh 

who knows whats really going on the person on the phone could probably have no idea either, or maybe she's not allowed to talk about it 

Guys , relax..mta is backwards when it comes to hiring, there are such more better jobs in the city not only mta,take other exams while you wait or apply for provisional positions within the mta with your resumes ..again mta is not organized like other city agencies and you'll learn and see what I'm saying

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, MaxFever said:

From what I know is that they're still not finished hiring candidates from Exam 7609.. which is the TEH Exam prior to 8611. 

Exam 7609 has 545 candidates that passed and are on that list according to DCAS.

Makes no sense because i have friends that got on from 8606 provisional TEH

5 hours ago, Richie95 said:

Makes no sense because i have friends that got on from 8606 provisional TEH

Thing is 7609 was just finalized and publicly Established on December 5th 2018 .. because this is Civil Service they have to completely exhaust that list of 545 eligible candidates before they can move on to the next exam of eligible candidates. 

Also most folks decline "provisional" offers and wait until the list is finalized and Established so that they can get "permanent" offers. 

I personally know someone who's from 7609 and he just recently got a letter to come in for the "SPA" so there's clearly a bottleneck somewhere along the hiring process for eligible TEH's. 

1 hour ago, MaxFever said:

Thing is 7609 was just finalized and publicly Established on December 5th 2018 .. because this is Civil Service they have to completely exhaust that list of 545 eligible candidates before they can move on to the next exam of eligible candidates. 

Also most folks decline "provisional" offers and wait until the list is finalized and Established so that they can get "permanent" offers. 

I personally know someone who's from 7609 and he just recently got a letter to come in for the "SPA" so there's clearly a bottleneck somewhere along the hiring process for eligible TEH's. 

So were probably looking @ about a year maybe more till we hear back possibily lol 

13 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

I also heard some bad news as the mta may be laying off people so its looking real slow for us as of now fellas

Thanks a lot! That’s doesn’t sound good. Hoping we are hired soon. It’s sounding like a long drag lol.

there was a bulletin posted a few days ago regarding the media and DiBlasio or somebody saying financial cuts need to be made in the MTA and the last resort is laying people off..ill take a picture of it later..and again, 8 guys literally started 2 weeks ago so keep your hopes up..MTA is always saying they are broke and not to mention, TWU contract is up in June or July so it could be a bargaining point

2 hours ago, GerardL said:

there was a bulletin posted a few days ago regarding the media and DiBlasio or somebody saying financial cuts need to be made in the MTA and the last resort is laying people off..ill take a picture of it later..and again, 8 guys literally started 2 weeks ago so keep your hopes up..MTA is always saying they are broke and not to mention, TWU contract is up in June or July so it could be a bargaining point

Thank you gerard i also seen the post already haha and i heard that too but wasnt that guys going perm from 7609?