Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

1 hour ago, Richie95 said:

Still nothing i took another exam and was asking questions supposedly they said theres no freeze they just gotta certify our exam and get back to us 1-2 years the person said lmao

1-2 years from what date?

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Yeah one of those test instructors i asked her.. who knows i doubt anyone really knows besides guys in livingston, my friend from dsny said dsny having a freeze after the class in april who knows it may be a citywide thing

Yea I doubt anyone knows except those guys in livingston. Mta still isn’t in the best financial state either so that’s not helping. 

Edited by Josh327

• 2 weeks later...

I got one just now as well, I think the automated messages all went out at the same time.  Pre-employment screening like drug test, prior employment record, etc.  They want me to come in 7:30AM 

Edited by Hejazi A

1 hour ago, mianyc said:

just got an email to come in next week for "probable employment"---what does this mean??  did anyone else get one?

That is the first step on being hired to NYCT Congrats.

Edited by coolno9

11 hours ago, Yas said:

anyone know how long the employment process suppose to be?

all day..the earlier you get there, the better..alot of paperwork and alot of waiting..as far the whole thing, depends on when class starts..you’ll have to go back a second time to swear in and get your pass

3 hours ago, GerardL said:

all day..the earlier you get there, the better..alot of paperwork and alot of waiting..as far the whole thing, depends on when class starts..you’ll have to go back a second time to swear in and get your pass

Yup. I agree. The earlier you get there the better. Even if they tell you to come in at 8 AM or later, go to Livingston as early as possible because they will process you anyway. Best of luck guys!

On 5/17/2019 at 9:46 PM, GerardL said:

On 5/18/2019 at 12:51 AM, coolno9 said:

Yup. I agree. The earlier you get there the better. Even if they tell you to come in at 8 AM or later, go to Livingston as early as possible because they will process you anyway. Best of luck guys!

Thanks for the advice!

What are guys list number ? Mines is in the low 300’s. I dont know how much effect the list number will serve in terms of our specific start date or whatever. I just hope I get in that first class or don’t start to far behind.  

11 hours ago, tprashad0719 said:

What helper positions are you guys getting called for, I see mines say elevator..I'm currently working for the city but as a provision at parks..idk what to do ..

If I’m you I’m definitely leaving to start here. More room for growth and better opportunities. And I’m pretty sure you’ll be making as much and more working here as time goes on. I wouldn’t even think about it.