Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up. They may call/contact us back fast cause one of the guys from mta that had to check our paperwork to make sure it was correct ( one doing orientation ) said they are trying to fill up the classes as soon as possible he said when people were missing documents and had taxes so he encouraged them to get it done this week and come back. 

29 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

Just a heads up. They may call/contact us back fast cause one of the guys from mta that had to check our paperwork to make sure it was correct ( one doing orientation ) said they are trying to fill up the classes as soon as possible he said when people were missing documents and had taxes so he encouraged them to get it done this week and come back. 

Thanks. 

It was almost a hundred of us. Last guys had # A19....something. 

6 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Just a heads up. They may call/contact us back fast cause one of the guys from mta that had to check our paperwork to make sure it was correct ( one doing orientation ) said they are trying to fill up the classes as soon as possible he said when people were missing documents and had unpaid tickets so he encouraged them to get it done this week and come back. 

Edited by Josh327

7 hours ago, Josh327 said:

The people that he told to come back for missing documents did they at least get to take the drug test?  Or do they have to come back to do the drug test as well after there documents are all situated? 

9 minutes ago, BkNRNW said:

The people that he told to come back for missing documents did they at least get to take the drug test?  Or do they have to come back to do the drug test as well after there documents are all situated? 

You can’t take drug test until you got all your documents and have no tickets or anything. Drug test is last step in pre employment process so they don’t let u move on till you know everything is right. So they weren’t able to. That delays their process. He told them come back tmm but that will be hard for certain people cause it’s time consuming for some stuff and people have to make up another excuse for work but 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Josh327 said:

You can’t take drug test until you got all your documents and have no tickets or anything. Drug test is last step in pre employment process so they don’t let u move on till you know everything is right. So they weren’t able to. That delays their process. He told them come back tmm but that will be hard for certain people cause it’s time consuming for some stuff and people have to make up another excuse for work but 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

If you don’t mind me asking what kind of documents did they ask for. 

49 minutes ago, Oxl6665 said:

If you don’t mind me asking what kind of documents did they ask for. 

It’s included in pre employment packet what you must bring. Several forms of id such as birth certificate , social , drivers licscene and high school diploma. 

13 hours ago, Josh327 said:

It’s included in pre employment packet what you must bring. Several forms of id such as birth certificate , social , drivers licscene and high school diploma. 

@Oxl6665 

US Passport or US Certificate of Citizenship can be an alternative to Birth Certificate.

Also alternative to Education is Experience.. lookup the original 8611 Exam Application to see the requirements for Experience. 

23 hours ago, GerardL said:

nobody watches you but they test your piss right after for pH levels and shit like that

On 6/1/2019 at 2:12 PM, Joshua said:

How was the process of the drug test? Was someone there to watch you piss?

The process was smooth no one was over you but the guys taking the pee from you was sitting a few inches from the door an they check the temp on the pee. 

4 hours ago, Oxl6665 said:

I’m just happy the process is fast an can leave this hospital I’m in an start doing something I like to do 

Yea I feel the same way bro. Can’t wait to tell my job I’m outta here. I’m not even giving a two week notice. I’m already an electrician now but clearly I’ll be in better position with mta. Hopefully we get our start date anywhere this month. 

9 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Yea I feel the same way bro. Can’t wait to tell my job I’m outta here. I’m not even giving a two week notice. I’m already an electrician now but clearly I’ll be in better position with mta. Hopefully we get our start date anywhere this month. 

If you're already an electrician then you Should've taken "Light Maintainer" exam. 

47 minutes ago, MaxFever said:

If you're already an electrician then you Should've taken "Light Maintainer" exam. 

I didn’t have meet the experience requirements provided. You needed to have two years at journey level I don’t have that. I’m really a electrical helper here at my job. Been here for little less than 2 years. I did go to trade high school and took electrical but I still wouldn’t met up with requirements. I’m 20 , I rather just come in as helper and seeing what’s expected of maintainers and etc and take promo test 

We just gotta be patient fellas there probly sorting threw all the drug test results and i guess once thats sorted out the calls for Med will go out. Just gotta pray we dont get a med hold and all should be good. What range are you guys list #? im in the late 200s a friend of mine is in the 80s.

4 hours ago, BkNRNW said:

We just gotta be patient fellas there probly sorting threw all the drug test results and i guess once thats sorted out the calls for Med will go out. Just gotta pray we dont get a med hold and all should be good. What range are you guys list #? im in the late 200s a friend of mine is in the 80s.

I’m in early 300’s. My list number is only thing I’m worried bout. Not high but isn’t low either. I’m in middle. I just hope I can get in with first class or not to far from first class. 

12 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

I’m in early 300’s. My list number is only thing I’m worried bout. Not high but isn’t low either. I’m in middle. I just hope I can get in with first class or not to far from first class. 

Hopefully we will be in first set of classes if all goes good but im more worried about med holds cause guys on the forum say they put you on med hold for any little thing..which in returns slows your process down which sucks cause now you have to call your doc to book a appointment then getting cleared and bring paper work back could be a couple weeks depending on your docs schedule.