Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
tprashad0719

Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BkNRNW said:

Hopefully we will be in first set of classes if all goes good but im more worried about med holds cause guys on the forum say they put you on med hold for any little thing..which in returns slows your process down which sucks cause now you have to call your doc to book a appointment then getting cleared and bring paper work back could be a couple weeks depending on your docs schedule.

What's the difference between first set and second and etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sam26 said:

What's the difference between first set and second and etc?

Some classes start earlier and get people off list , some classes start later when needed. Just a difference of when you start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Some classes start earlier and get people off list , some classes start later when needed. Just a difference of when you start. 

I understand that. I thought you could take a better place or have a better position somewhere.....but it only times. Honestly guys I'm not in rush, the later they call me off the better will be for me....gotta finish my project in current job ( don't want leave in the middle). Need like a month and a half.  I think I'm not alone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sam26 said:

I understand that. I thought you could take a better place or have a better position somewhere.....but it only times. Honestly guys I'm not in rush, the later they call me off the better will be for me....gotta finish my project in current job ( don't want leave in the middle). Need like a month and a half.  I think I'm not alone.  

I agree i have a small family vacation planned in july but if they call befor that i would have to scratch that off my to do list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 6:02 PM, Josh327 said:

 

Just received a letter from MTA transit.  Saying about exam and the score . List #  and etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam26 said:

Just received a letter from MTA transit.  Saying about exam and the score . List #  and etc

i received one also does that mean our pre-employment stuff was sufficient or is that just a polite way of saying"hey chill out and wait some more"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nyczrem said:

i received one also does that mean our pre-employment stuff was sufficient or is that just a polite way of saying"hey chill out and wait some more"

I got one too. Doesn’t mean anything lol just telling us stuff we already know. They just wanted to get our hopes up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Viktor said:

Guys where I can find list with numbers?  Thanks

It supposed to be on the top ( right side ) of any letters you received 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's up guys. First time posting. List number 7X but just took the SPA exam this past weekend ( missed out on the November exam). Does any body have an idea what's the highest number that received a pre-employment packet ? called MTA and I'm getting different answer's as to when i should receive something. Is anybody here on the job and know what shifts they have ? Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jnbklyn said:

Me and a coworker got our medicals already and we start Monday. We were below 100 on the list. 

Really so your class date starts Monday ? And when did you do your medical ? You are doing elevators ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jnbklyn said:

Me and a coworker got our medicals already and we start Monday. We were below 100 on the list. 

Can u keep us informed if you know if they bringing in more people or anything that’s beneficial to us like when the next class starts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nyc27 said:

What's up guys. First time posting. List number 7X but just took the SPA exam this past weekend ( missed out on the November exam). Does any body have an idea what's the highest number that received a pre-employment packet ? called MTA and I'm getting different answer's as to when i should receive something. Is anybody here on the job and know what shifts they have ? Thanks in advance. 

You took the spa exam kind of late. I think you should be hearing something soon. Seems like they are dealing with everything now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jnbklyn said:

Me and a coworker got our medicals already and we start Monday. We were below 100 on the list. 

Congrats guys. It was fast for you.  How many people are in ur group? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jnbklyn said:

Me and a coworker got our medicals already and we start Monday. We were below 100 on the list. 

When did you first go in for your pre-employment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sam26 said:

I think that was misunderstanding.  No one starts on Monday.  

Why do you say that ?

DCAS has it posted that Transit has/had 40 vacancies for TEH. So my educated guess would say the first 40 candidates have already been hired (unless they turned down the offer and they went to the next candidate on the list) .. they probably started training or will start training in the near future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the fact that only 720 applicants passed Exam #8611, I would say they will go throw the list very quickly.

Now it makes sense why they released another TEH after 8611.. 720 candidates is probably not enough to disperse into 8 different Maintenance departments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised if some actually started Monday. They probably are right if they said they took medical already and start Monday. Wouldn’t say they were wrong. 

14 minutes ago, MaxFever said:

Considering the fact that only 720 applicants passed Exam #8611, I would say they will go throw the list very quickly.

Now it makes sense why they released another TEH after 8611.. 720 candidates is probably not enough to disperse into 8 different Maintenance departments. 

I think they always come out with one every year. 720 isn’t that many people tho compared to other exams before us.  I  think more people passed in previous ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if we qualify to take the promotional exam for elevator and escalator maintainer if we happen to get on before the exam is given ? Also, anybody have an idea on the shifts that are given for TEH ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nyc27 said:

Does anyone know if we qualify to take the promotional exam for elevator and escalator maintainer if we happen to get on before the exam is given ? Also, anybody have an idea on the shifts that are given for TEH ? 

Must be permanent opposed to provisional TEH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.