Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
tprashad0719

Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Craig spencer said:

Is there a number to call to find out what they are up to on the list?

Try calling MTA Exams Unit .. 347-643-7221

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 9:28 AM, Oxl6665 said:

Receive a letter in the mail Yesterday for another drug test.

What is the latest you start any  training yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 98vice said:

What is the latest you start any  training yet 

No not yet I was on hold brought the clearance 3 weeks ago waiting to be scheduled for a class. It should be next week or so I called an the lady who do the class said I should call Monday. 

Edited by Oxl6665

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Oxl6665 said:

No not yet I was on hold brought the clearance 3 weeks ago waiting to be scheduled for a class. It should be next week or so I called an the lady who do the class said I should call Monday. 

Damm bro im already in class is aboutta end they said theres 34 starting for the december class when we end and another 20 something in January. I think they already filled the december slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Damm bro im already in class is aboutta end they said theres 34 starting for the december class when we end and another 20 something in January. I think they already filled the december slot.

What's the duration of the training how long it is ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 98vice said:

What's the duration of the training how long it is ???

Started 10/28 last days 12/13

Edited by Richie95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 98vice said:

Reason i ask because i went inn today for durg testing 

Your first or second? I went to one in june and then the second one several months later due to a short hiring freeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Your first or second? I went to one in june and then the second one several months later due to a short hiring freeze

This is my first time ...... What department you do training for ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oxl6665 said:

That’s the class I was suppose to be in. 

I’ll call Monday an see what they said an what class I’m going to be in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 98vice said:

This is my first time ...... What department you do training for ???

Oh i did it twice they didnt get back within the 90 days it expires lol, im in signals i got first selected for was for elevators and escalators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxl6665 said:

That’s the class I was suppose to be in. 

Dang dude we couldve been together haha, hope you get in man best of luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was contacted back in May to come in for pre employment, but I had a pending traffic ticket so they sent me home that day. They told me to handle the ticket then come back. So I was able to get my court date moved up for that ticket I got it handle in July, I called em back they had me come in and do the drug test. But I haven’t heard back from them since then, you guys think I should call to find out? Cause my rank was in the 100s..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BKNYC said:

I was contacted back in May to come in for pre employment, but I had a pending traffic ticket so they sent me home that day. They told me to handle the ticket then come back. So I was able to get my court date moved up for that ticket I got it handle in July, I called em back they had me come in and do the drug test. But I haven’t heard back from them since then, you guys think I should call to find out? Cause my rank was in the 100s..

So u did it in july and havent heard back since?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Richie95 said:

Oh i did it twice they didnt get back within the 90 days it expires lol, im in signals i got first selected for was for elevators and escalators.

What the roll and function of the signal department 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 98vice said:

What the roll and function of the signal department 

Idk how to explain that, you help with maintenance on it best way i can tell you, youll find out more if you get in that dept; as a helper you just help the maintainer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, BKNYC said:

I was contacted back in May to come in for pre employment, but I had a pending traffic ticket so they sent me home that day. They told me to handle the ticket then come back. So I was able to get my court date moved up for that ticket I got it handle in July, I called em back they had me come in and do the drug test. But I haven’t heard back from them since then, you guys think I should call to find out? Cause my rank was in the 100s..

Of course you should. Do what you can do, call them to get clear answers. Or try to contact via emails. I think your file can easily be sitting in a "waiting room "  and who knows when they take it back. I had same problem.  But lucky me I paid it same day online and show them a payment slip via email.  But actually was sent back home to pay in dmv. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 98vice said:

What the roll and function of the signal department 

Signal department is responsible for a moving  trains. Signal lights, switches, stops and a lot of stuff are served by signal department.  

As a helper you have to protect your maintainer who you work with from approaching trains....by flagging them. You will have power to stop train and let it go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig spencer said:

What did they say because I missed it when they called

Went and drop off the paperwork they mail to you  and do the drug testing and received a brown envelope  with paperwork to full out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.