Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BKNYC said:

Still waiting on this side, don’t know for how long cause I had to go get my name added back on the list last week. Sucks, but patient is the key when dealing with city jobs.

I had to add my make back also. That was like 3 weeks ago. Still waiting the said I didn’t appear for medical. Mind you I was on hold an brought the clearance back within one week. 

Smh. I feel your pain @Oxl6665 I been off the list since June according to them, which make no sense cause I was on hold went back to do my first drug test July 02. But I just got the confirmation letter confirming my name back on the list now all I can do is just wait. I hate answering numbers I don’t know...LoL, I save the number they called me on the first time, I hope that’s the number they will used when calling again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 10:47 AM, Kad96 said:

@Oxl6665 oh I’m in the process for 9624 exam just took the spa today just wanted to know the pay. 

SALARY AND BENEFITS
1. The current minimum salary for Transit Electrical Helpers working in Electrical Power Maintenance is $21.95 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $31.36 in the sixth year of service.

2. The current minimum salary for Transit Electrical Helpers working in other subdivisions is $21.46 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $30.66 in the sixth year of service.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:27 PM, Andre Klass said:

The electrical helper test is coming back this Summer of 2020. Anybody have any advise on what to study and focus on? I have a electric engineer technology degree, but that was over 15 years ago.  

When I took it back in 2018 it was about 40 questions and primarily common sense but it did have some questions related to Ohm's Law. Definitely had some DC equations .. V=I×R. 

Some people bash on Passbook but it should point you in the right direction and help you understand what you might expect on the Exam. 

Check this out: Transit Electro-mechanical Maintainer (Career Examination Seri... https://smile.amazon.com/dp/0837339766/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdo_t1_JxgDEbHH94V75

Edited by MaxFever

2 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

lol this job has nothing to do with electricity or engineering, you're just a flagger for the signal maintainers

If you end in Signal Department then unfortunately Flagman/Flagwoman is all you would be so yes but.. 

luckily this is a universal Helper Exam so if lucky then you can end up in a different Department. 

I had a good score so I had the opportunity to select either Power Dept. or Signal Dept. 

I would recommend Power Dept. Over Signal Dept.. Some Senior Maintainer's at Signal Dept. Are bunch of A whole's so they will take advantage of Helper's and treat Helper's like slaves. 

Have a buddy in Power Dept. and it's day & night experience for me and him. 

Had a family friend who was in Lighting Dept. But for some reason I haven't heard Lighting Dept. Looking for Helper's. 

Electronic Equipment Dept. Is another good place if you want use the skills they ask for .. but same as Lightning Dept. For some reason they aren't looking for Helper's. 

On 3/20/2020 at 8:34 AM, Dordonez18 said:

I have 8 points on my license because of one speeding ticket, And  I took a point reduction course. Does anyone know if I’ll be okay to finish the hiring process ?  Thank you in advance👌🏻

yes it's ok, your driving record has nothing to do with the job

3 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

yes it's ok, your driving record has nothing to do with the job

You should really read the notice of examination befor saying that, I copied and paste this from the notice of examination. 

"Driver License Requirement: At the time of appointment, you must have a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the state of New York with no disqualifying restrictions that would preclude the performance of the duties of either title. If you have serious moving violations, license suspension or an accident record you may be disqualified. This license must be maintained for the duration of your employment in either title"

becarefull what information your giving out not to confuse anyone, the condition of your license does matter but it all comes down to the discretion of MTA at the end of the day. 

I really hope that’s the case with me Too and I end up getting hired I mean it is only a single speeding ticket on my record nothing else and I took a defensive drivers course as well. What’s the worst Driving record you’ve seen and still hired if you don’t mind me asking. Thank you👍🏻  

On 3/23/2020 at 3:19 PM, nipaaaa said:

well i'm just telling you from experience that I've seen mad people with f**ked up driving records that were still hired. You'd probably had to have killed someone in an accident for them to disqualify you

I really hope that’s the case with me Too and I end up getting hired I mean it is only a single speeding ticket on my record nothing else and I took a defensive drivers course as well. What’s the worst Driving record you’ve seen and still hired if you don’t mind me asking. Thank you👍🏻  

On 3/22/2020 at 8:30 PM, BkNRNW said:

You should really read the notice of examination befor saying that, I copied and paste this from the notice of examination. 

"Driver License Requirement: At the time of appointment, you must have a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the state of New York with no disqualifying restrictions that would preclude the performance of the duties of either title. If you have serious moving violations, license suspension or an accident record you may be disqualified. This license must be maintained for the duration of your employment in either title"

becarefull what information your giving out not to confuse anyone, the condition of your license does matter but it all comes down to the discretion of MTA at the end of the day. 

Thanks It makes sense about it coming all down to the discretion of the MTA, I’m 20 yro and I understand what type of opportunity this is for someone my age so I’m very concerned with the matter. 

On 3/26/2020 at 2:32 AM, Dordonez18 said:

Thanks It makes sense about it coming all down to the discretion of the MTA, I’m 20 yro and I understand what type of opportunity this is for someone my age so I’m very concerned with the matter. 

I definitly understand bro when i was 20 i had no idea what or where i wanted to be career wise so its great your tryna jump on this oppertunity now and i hope you do get in regardless of license issues.Regardless I think were all gonna have a long wait till MTA makes there next calls due to the corona outbreak going on in the city.

12 hours ago, BkNRNW said:

I definitly understand bro when i was 20 i had no idea what or where i wanted to be career wise so its great your tryna jump on this oppertunity now and i hope you do get in regardless of license issues.Regardless I think were all gonna have a long wait till MTA makes there next calls due to the corona outbreak going on in the city.

Thank you 🙏🏻 I really hope so too that’s the goal. I called Livingston 2 weeks ago and the automated voice tells me they’re going to open again March 30 so I’m going to give it another shot calling Monday to see if they maybe got a spot for me.