Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MaxFever said:

Hey guys I have another question for the current working TEH's. What kind of shifts do you guys have ? 7am to 3pm ? Also do you get to choose the hours or does Transit pick the shift times ?

Depends on your department. Main shifts are 8a-4p / 4p-12a / 12a-8a. They also have 6a-2p / 2p-10p / 10p-6a

17 hours ago, tprashad0719 said:

Hey gerard, how do you like your position? Alot of ot?

yea I like where I’m at. Very different from working on the outside..very laid back..there was alot of OT but Transit put a stop to all OT that doesnt fall under  Capital Improvement..still a decent amount though..instead of me getting 40+ every 2 weeks, I can hit maybe 20-30. 

28 minutes ago, GerardL said:

yea I like where I’m at. Very different from working on the outside..very laid back..there was alot of OT but Transit put a stop to all OT that doesnt fall under  Capital Improvement..still a decent amount though..instead of me getting 40+ every 2 weeks, I can hit maybe 20-30. 

How are your co-workers , the maintainers u have to work with I guess. There aren’t like any a**holes or people you hate to work with. Is it a cool environment ? 

10 hours ago, Josh327 said:

How are your co-workers , the maintainers u have to work with I guess. There aren’t like any a**holes or people you hate to work with. Is it a cool environment ? 

everybody is cool from the General Supt. down to the helpers..everybody gets along just fine..a foreman or two can get moody but thats only if ya do something wrong..i love BK days..but there is still BK nights and Locust (Bronx) days and nights..and this is just Cable Section...everybody operates differently

58 minutes ago, James1233 said:

Opps. Sorry. Its scheduled for tomorrow 11/3.

51 minutes ago, mianyc said:

@MaxFever Made the same mistake, it's tomorrow 11/3

Anyone know what we're supposed to wear? Is it a formal interview or we jumping through hoops? lol

I hear ya, I’m also scheduled for tomorrow at 

Best of luck tomorrow.. hopefully we will all succeed. 

Btw do you guys have a CDL or a regular DL ? 

Just now, MaxFever said:

I hear ya, I’m also scheduled for tomorrow at 

Best of luck tomorrow.. hopefully we will all succeed. 

Btw do you guys have a CDL or a regular DL ? 

I don't know about the others but i got a regular DL. Goodluck tomorrow. 

45 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

@MaxFever @James1233 @mianyc  Could any of guys give insight bout the SPA? Would be appreciated 

If I'm breaking  non-disclosure protocol then someone please notify me. No MTA/NYCTA staff spoke to me or made me sign a non-disclosure agreement.

I'm not sure how well I did .. it was 10 verbal questions on 10 pictures showing improper work methods.  

I don't know honestly how well I did or what I can say but  seemed like they were looking for very specific answers. 

If I'm breaking  non-disclosure protocol then someone please notify me. No MTA/NYCTA staff spoke to me or made me sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Best advice I can give is study OSHA rules although I think that would probably take weeks. 

Topics were on

-Safe work methods using ladders and naming types of  ladders. 

-Personal Protection Equipment. 

For such a low pay they were grilling me.

Like how am I supposed to know safe MTA/NYCTA work methods if I never even worked for them.

I work in the private sector and As much as I hate to say it Nobody cares in the private sector about safe work methods. They just want you to get the job done as soon as possible. 

I think I speak on behalf of many hard working men and women who are just trying to get into MTA/NYCTA to provide a better future for themselves and their families. 

The SPA should be part of the multiple choice exam process. It's not fair to present it in its current form because many folks in the private sector don't get the opportunity to get trained on safe work methods.  

12 minutes ago, tprashad0719 said:

the helper actually is the one protecting the maintainers on the track so it's very important they know good English to communicate well etc

They weren't asking if you can read,write and speak in English. If you took and passed the multiple choice then you obviously can read and write English. 

They were asking for direct misuse of work ethics. 

They send you to school/training regardless so how can you possibly know all the Safety rules & regulations beforehand?