Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

9 minutes ago, MaxFever said:

I think I speak on behalf of many hard working men and women who are just trying to get into MTA/NYCTA to provide a better future for themselves and their families. 

The SPA should be part of the multiple choice exam process. It's not fair to present it in its current form because many folks in the private sector don't get the opportunity to get trained on safe work methods.  

There are two purposes for the SPA; the main purpose is, will you be able to be understood on how you communicate thus the reason why they are recording your responses on tape. Majority of the people applying for these jobs are immigrants. The test pretty much takes common sense to figure out the safety violations that they show on the pictures. You are not allowed to have any kind miscommunication if youre working on the tracks. You will learn more about this when you go to “Flagging school”.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is true, I was a signal maintainer for a few month after I resigned due to personal issues ..more then half my class didn't know English well but they passed the test..I dont see why they would ask safety questions before training..sucks ..

How to use a ladder?

Wear your ppe at all times?

On 10/22/2018 at 6:57 PM, jake3178 said:

It's very simple. Instructor shows you 10 pictures and wants you to answer a safety related question about the scenario in each picture.

My one tip is to make sure to give only one answer, dont get nervous and start listing 2+ possible answers.. decide on a single most important fact and put it in a complete sentence.

Whole thing is over in 5-10 min.

For those asking what was on the SPA test, look at jake3178's answer because it's spot on--they give you pictures and ask you a question about the scenario; seemed like common sense to me and not that specific.  Took about 10 mins.  I gave concise answers and it moved pretty quickly. 

5 hours ago, Josh327 said:

@MaxFever @James1233 @mianyc  Could any of guys give insight bout the SPA? Would be appreciated 

It's basically just what the other said, a bunch of questions relating to the photos that they show you. They give you like a sample question before the process so you can see what kind of answers they were looking for. 

1 hour ago, tprashad0719 said:

Not to be a pain guys but any sample questions other then a guy on a ladder ?

You have more then enough knowledge to take and pass the SPA then we did. You have to understand that Transit monitors this site and if too much information is released then they can easily void the entire exam. This has happened in the past. 

Take this with a grain of salt There's also the 1 in 3 Law so even if you do well it doesn't mean you will be selected. Just keep hustling and taking as many exams as you can.

12 hours ago, tprashad0719 said:

Dam 6 to 12 months ,I'm guessing there waiting for the list to be established..but lately they been hiring before the list get established and you will be hired as a temporary employee until list gets established 

I doubt it will take that long. I think they will always just say that. But usually hiring process starts like 2 months after spa according to others from 8606 n 7609. They got back to us pretty quick after exam so I think process would be quick. List could be established right after everyone takes spa. 

On 11/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, tprashad0719 said:

Good luck fellas ,I got to go in on 11/11

If anyone hears anything regarding the hiring process keep us updated and what's on this SAP test 

Hey what time is your appointment on Saturday??

On 11/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, tprashad0719 said:

Good luck fellas ,I got to go in on 11/11

If anyone hears anything regarding the hiring process keep us updated and what's on this SAP test 

What time is your appointment on the 11?

Mines was on 11/4 at 2pm but I arrived 30 mins late due to the NYC Marathon and nobody was at the building. Now I have no idea what to do. I sent multiple emails and even went back this morning but they said to send an email. I have no idea what to do now.

17 minutes ago, Josh327 said:

Damn that sound bad. What do u mean nobody was at the building ? Did you try calling the number on the paper ?

Yes I called but it was an automated service which nobody answered. I made it into the building at went to the 4th floor nobody was present, not even the security guard. And I waited an hour there. I spoke to somebody today and she said they can schedule me for this weekend to complete it cause I already got an admission letter. So I will come in Saturday at 8am and try my luck

28 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Yes I called but it was an automated service which nobody answered. I made it into the building at went to the 4th floor nobody was present, not even the security guard. And I waited an hour there. I spoke to somebody today and she said they can schedule me for this weekend to complete it cause I already got an admission letter. So I will come in Saturday at 8am and try my luck

That’s weird. But I would suggest u do that. Hopefully that works. Get there extra early. 

Hello everyone.  I was there on Sunday 11/4 .  Stuck in the train but still was early more then an hour.  Came at 12.55 approximately.  And was in 80th numbers. I guess everyone came early that day to avoid to be late. I saw the list it was like 150-200 people max on that list .