Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

10 hours ago, GerardL said:

dont necessarily need it..here is the last NOE

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/8611.pdf

also, we have an OT freeze until the end of March which i think goes hand in hand with hiring...within the next 5 years, ALOT of foreman and maintainers are retiring, thats why this hiring frenzy is beginning

So they are most likely holding out on hiring until March ? And if it’s a frenzy shouldn’t that mean they should be bringing people in fast.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, GerardL said:

dont necessarily need it..here is the last NOE

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/8611.pdf

also, we have an OT freeze until the end of March which i think goes hand in hand with hiring...within the next 5 years, ALOT of foreman and maintainers are retiring, thats why this hiring frenzy is beginning

Or are u saying that because of the OT freeze currently that they will hire us now during this process ? 

2 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Or are u saying that because of the OT freeze currently that they will hire us now during this process ? 

I think he's saying that, because the MTA has an OT freeze/hiring freeze that they won't hire us till aleast march when the freeze is over. 

MTA was over $1.2 billion in the hole this year..if you search for the article you will find it..we were told OT was cut until March 31st..anything can happen, you guys could finish processing and start 1st week of April or they could wait til then to start processing..only thing you can do is wait

1 hour ago, GerardL said:

MTA was over $1.2 billion in the hole this year..if you search for the article you will find it..we were told OT was cut until March 31st..anything can happen, you guys could finish processing and start 1st week of April or they could wait til then to start processing..only thing you can do is wait

Thanks for heads up 👌🏽 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Nothing over here either. Hoping real soon. And we don’t gotta wait till April cause of this hiring freeze and them owing a lot of money. 

Same, starting to look for a part-time job while waiting to hear from these guys. 

11 hours ago, Chro said:

Same, starting to look for a part-time job while waiting to hear from these guys. 

I’m already an Jr electrician at my job now , I just wanna get out of here already. Getting tired of it here. Only thing we could do is be patient knowing it’s on the way. 

20 hours ago, GerardL said:

somebody said today that new helpers are coming next week from outside..not sure how true it is but i will keep you guys updated

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if those are helpers from last electrical helper exam(8606) and still got ppl from that list ahead of us because nobody on this thread seem to have even taken a drug test. At least I don’t think it’s any helpers from the 8611 examination. 

Edited by Josh327

On 2/2/2019 at 5:02 PM, Josh327 said:

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if those are helpers from last electrical helper exam(8606) and still got ppl from that list ahead of us because nobody on this thread seem to have even taken a drug test. At least I don’t think it’s any helpers from the 8611 examination. 

So i have a buddy that just called livingston and the lady said shes only hiring off of #7609 finishing that and then 8611 would be next supposedly if theres no inbetweens.. 

6 hours ago, Richie95 said:

So i have a buddy that just called livingston and the lady said shes only hiring off of #7609 finishing that and then 8611 would be next supposedly if theres no inbetweens.. 

Didn't #7609 start a while ago? I know a few guys who I went to school with that were part of 7609 and they started last year? They're all waiting to be permanent though. And the guys after 7609 started also, the ones that applied in october/nov of 2017. Have a buddy in that section also. This whole thing is messed. 

Did the lady tell your friend when they were going to start calling those candidates? 

25 minutes ago, Chro said:

Didn't #7609 start a while ago? I know a few guys who I went to school with that were part of 7609 and they started last year? They're all waiting to be permanent though. And the guys after 7609 started also, the ones that applied in october/nov of 2017. Have a buddy in that section also. This whole thing is messed. 

Did the lady tell your friend when they were going to start calling those candidates? 

Yeah i have friends from the previous one as well who are provisional he actually sent me a photo a couple of them just got offered full time perm theyre going on the 11th & 12th to livingston, he told me he was on the phone asking questions and the lady kept saying im finishing up 7609 7609 7609; im assuming the guys going into perm probably ?? Who knows though man

5 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Yeah i have friends from the previous one as well who are provisional he actually sent me a photo a couple of them just got offered full time perm theyre going on the 11th & 12th to livingston, he told me he was on the phone asking questions and the lady kept saying im finishing up 7609 7609 7609; im assuming the guys going into perm probably ?? Who knows though man

That’s crazy they still hiring people off that list. I feel like that mean there’s still people on that 8606 list they gonna call before us or haven’t finished being that was after 7609. Shits gonna be awhile till we hear anything 

1 hour ago, Chro said:

Just talked to my buddy in the #7609 lot and he said they're getting their permanent papers. He's going on Tuesday. Hopefully we get called soon.

Yup my boy sent me a pic theres about 15 going on monday, and 13 going on tuesday.. it doesnt make sense for us to do a spa and wait a year or so im hoping by march thats the logical thing to do but who knows whats going on honestly 

37 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Yup my boy sent me a pic theres about 15 going on monday, and 13 going on tuesday.. it doesnt make sense for us to do a spa and wait a year or so im hoping by march thats the logical thing to do but who knows whats going on honestly 

Yeah, crazy man. Been getting crazy, first it was going to be December, then we held out till jan and now we're in feb.