Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
tprashad0719

Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, GerardL said:

dont necessarily need it..here is the last NOE

 

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/8611.pdf

 

also, we have an OT freeze until the end of March which i think goes hand in hand with hiring...within the next 5 years, ALOT of foreman and maintainers are retiring, thats why this hiring frenzy is beginning

So they are most likely holding out on hiring until March ? And if it’s a frenzy shouldn’t that mean they should be bringing people in fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GerardL said:

dont necessarily need it..here is the last NOE

 

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/8611.pdf

 

also, we have an OT freeze until the end of March which i think goes hand in hand with hiring...within the next 5 years, ALOT of foreman and maintainers are retiring, thats why this hiring frenzy is beginning

Or are u saying that because of the OT freeze currently that they will hire us now during this process ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Josh327 said:

Or are u saying that because of the OT freeze currently that they will hire us now during this process ? 

I think he's saying that, because the MTA has an OT freeze/hiring freeze that they won't hire us till aleast march when the freeze is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, James1233 said:

I think he's saying that, because the MTA has an OT freeze/hiring freeze that they won't hire us till aleast march when the freeze is over. 

Damn that sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MTA was over $1.2 billion in the hole this year..if you search for the article you will find it..we were told OT was cut until March 31st..anything can happen, you guys could finish processing and start 1st week of April or they could wait til then to start processing..only thing you can do is wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GerardL said:

MTA was over $1.2 billion in the hole this year..if you search for the article you will find it..we were told OT was cut until March 31st..anything can happen, you guys could finish processing and start 1st week of April or they could wait til then to start processing..only thing you can do is wait

Thanks for heads up 👌🏽 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a new Electrical Helper 9624 exam coming out soon. Apr 5 - 23, 2019 is application period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

There's a new Electrical Helper 9624 exam coming out soon. Apr 5 - 23, 2019 is application period

Well your late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/24/2019 at 7:17 PM, Chro said:

Any updates? 

Nothing over here either. Hoping real soon. And we don’t gotta wait till April cause of this hiring freeze and them owing a lot of money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Josh327 said:

 

Nothing over here either. Hoping real soon. And we don’t gotta wait till April cause of this hiring freeze and them owing a lot of money. 

Same, starting to look for a part-time job while waiting to hear from these guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chro said:

Same, starting to look for a part-time job while waiting to hear from these guys. 

I’m already an Jr electrician at my job now , I just wanna get out of here already. Getting tired of it here. Only thing we could do is be patient knowing it’s on the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

somebody said today that new helpers are coming next week from outside..not sure how true it is but i will keep you guys updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, GerardL said:

somebody said today that new helpers are coming next week from outside..not sure how true it is but i will keep you guys updated

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GerardL said:

somebody said today that new helpers are coming next week from outside..not sure how true it is but i will keep you guys updated

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if those are helpers from last electrical helper exam(8606) and still got ppl from that list ahead of us because nobody on this thread seem to have even taken a drug test. At least I don’t think it’s any helpers from the 8611 examination. 

Edited by Josh327

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 5:02 PM, Josh327 said:

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if those are helpers from last electrical helper exam(8606) and still got ppl from that list ahead of us because nobody on this thread seem to have even taken a drug test. At least I don’t think it’s any helpers from the 8611 examination. 

So i have a buddy that just called livingston and the lady said shes only hiring off of #7609 finishing that and then 8611 would be next supposedly if theres no inbetweens.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Richie95 said:

So i have a buddy that just called livingston and the lady said shes only hiring off of #7609 finishing that and then 8611 would be next supposedly if theres no inbetweens.. 

Didn't #7609 start a while ago? I know a few guys who I went to school with that were part of 7609 and they started last year? They're all waiting to be permanent though. And the guys after 7609 started also, the ones that applied in october/nov of 2017. Have a buddy in that section also. This whole thing is messed. 

 

Did the lady tell your friend when they were going to start calling those candidates? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chro said:

Didn't #7609 start a while ago? I know a few guys who I went to school with that were part of 7609 and they started last year? They're all waiting to be permanent though. And the guys after 7609 started also, the ones that applied in october/nov of 2017. Have a buddy in that section also. This whole thing is messed. 

 

Did the lady tell your friend when they were going to start calling those candidates? 

 

Yeah i have friends from the previous one as well who are provisional he actually sent me a photo a couple of them just got offered full time perm theyre going on the 11th & 12th to livingston, he told me he was on the phone asking questions and the lady kept saying im finishing up 7609 7609 7609; im assuming the guys going into perm probably ?? Who knows though man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Yeah i have friends from the previous one as well who are provisional he actually sent me a photo a couple of them just got offered full time perm theyre going on the 11th & 12th to livingston, he told me he was on the phone asking questions and the lady kept saying im finishing up 7609 7609 7609; im assuming the guys going into perm probably ?? Who knows though man

That’s crazy they still hiring people off that list. I feel like that mean there’s still people on that 8606 list they gonna call before us or haven’t finished being that was after 7609. Shits gonna be awhile till we hear anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they just mean they making those provisional people on that list who are already in permanently when she says she finishing up 7609 and not actually hiring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just talked to my buddy in the #7609 lot and he said they're getting their permanent papers. He's going on Tuesday. Hopefully we get called soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chro said:

Just talked to my buddy in the #7609 lot and he said they're getting their permanent papers. He's going on Tuesday. Hopefully we get called soon.

👌🏽👌🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chro said:

Just talked to my buddy in the #7609 lot and he said they're getting their permanent papers. He's going on Tuesday. Hopefully we get called soon.

Yup my boy sent me a pic theres about 15 going on monday, and 13 going on tuesday.. it doesnt make sense for us to do a spa and wait a year or so im hoping by march thats the logical thing to do but who knows whats going on honestly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Richie95 said:

Yup my boy sent me a pic theres about 15 going on monday, and 13 going on tuesday.. it doesnt make sense for us to do a spa and wait a year or so im hoping by march thats the logical thing to do but who knows whats going on honestly 

Yeah, crazy man. Been getting crazy, first it was going to be December, then we held out till jan and now we're in feb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.