R32/R38 Bulletin

ducman998r

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Division cars are about 8.5' wide dude...LOL

Although it doesn't really feel like much of a diference in the morning...

ya got it off my NYC Subway Car Book, lol

@Nature- same s*it cuz it would run the platform down :) lol

Now Unless a IRT car runs on a IND/BMT line now thats fine, except Gaps :)

The gap is a little bigger than people give it credit for. Not huge, if you're paying attention you can step over it easily but remember you're dealing with the public and their general not being attentive

Its debated from some of the guys who worked back in the days (70s with similar SMEE equipment in both divisions) of times when IRT cars were in consists with BMT/IND equipment in service. Nobody worried much about safety back then, it was just whatever made service. To think today you can't even get away with running an R-62 on the (6). Heh.

Remember you heard about that incident in the 70s where an R-10 got coupled to the end of an R-12 by mistake at Concourse and hit the platform at Bedford Pk Blvd, Jerome?

I used to hear about that one.

But I don't think it was Bedford Pk Blvd, as that is next to the yard, and not after the ramp (unless it was a reverse move. Would have ben funny if they just went down the middle and into their yard). I heard it was heading south, down the middle, and would have either hit Burnside, or was stopped before it got too far.

I used to hear about that one.

But I don't think it was Bedford Pk Blvd, as that is next to the yard, and not after the ramp (unless it was a reverse move. Would have ben funny if they just went down the middle and into their yard). I heard it was heading south, down the middle, and would have either hit Burnside, or was stopped before it got too far.

it was bedford park

i do not see RaIL38 in transit museum.

which Rail38 car will be put into transit museum.

i would like to see Rail38 #3979 be put into transit museum

no word of Rail42 putting transit museum

Dude, it's not Rail!!!

why is people taking a big deal of

example:

R stand for:

Rapid Transit Operation141

or

Revenue127

or

Rail62a

this is stupid.

make up your decision.

THIS IS STUPID?!

honestly, i c no pt in writing da word RAIL out. Idk how u got da idea dat da proper way to call r142s is RAIL142s or watever, but on official documents, in transit nomenclature, transit tlk, forum tlk nd watever else, its known as R142...

be it rail, revenue or rapid transit, USE "R", so dat we dun confuse each other.

use: R, da 18th letter of da english alphabet. da letter after Q nd da letter before S.

Man, I'm going to be so sad to see those 38's go. There isn't a motorman that I know of who doesn't like those trains.

I guess I'll have to bid on a couple C jobs this December so that I can get one last time with a 38.

Archived