exam 7603 equipment maintainer /Provisional offer

Mattmatt

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I have few questions about the exam 7603, Electronic Equipment Maintainer and the Provisional Status.

I have been looking for answer everywhere and surprisingly I can’t find anything about the Electronic Position maintainer.  

Last year I decided to apply for the exam 7603, Electronic Equipment Maintainer.

March 2017 I have been appointed to a multiple choice test that I passed.

August 2017 I took the practical exam. I am confident that I did well. When I left they told me the result would come between 9 to 12 months.

Last month I received a thick letter from the MTA saying that I have to be at 180 Livingston Street office because I am considered for a Provisional position as Electronic Equipment maintainer.

Because I really want to be working for the MTA and that this position is well paid I decided to show up.

Long story short, I passed the drug test and now I have been called to Livingston this Tuesday 09/04/18.

If I understand if everything goes well, they do my fingerprints check the 21 pages booklet then I will be sworn to the position.

The dilemma is that I just started a new job that I kind of like, I just completed my first week of training and already thinking of resigning.

I would definitely leave the job for the Electronic Equipment maintainer. The only down side is the Provisional status; they say there is a 1 year probation, is it safe to proceed?

Thanks for your help!

First, welcome to the site!!

Second, you only need to create one thread for this, which you have already done, which can be found here.

Third, please be aware that all of us, including the staff members are volunteers. Therefore, I know you're anxious for answers, however, just like the rest of us, you have to be patient.

Thank you.

Archived