New Cathedral Parkway Subway Station

Via Garibaldi 8

5 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Looks nice

They should've power washed the station. The platform looks dirty from dust build-up. Something you notice if you've been on construction sites like myself. Seems like they only replaced some tiles looking at the grouting. At least re-grout fully. Looks off in parts. The main thing they should've addressed was the ceilings. Those things are going to be chipping in no time. Cheap paint and rehab... Cheap as in cheap materials, though quite expensive cost wise.

10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That station should be shut down for several months and they need to totally rehab it.

Yes they do...That station can be creepy on late nights...As i look at some of the rehab stations across the system chambers by now should have been 1....

2 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Yes they do...That station can be creepy on late nights...As i look at some of the rehab stations across the system chambers by now should have been 1....

It's absolutely embarrassing.  In fact they should rehab any station named "Chambers Street".  The one by the (1)(2)(3) line is equally disgusting and HOT as hell!! My God, I dread using that station if I go shopping and come down to the platform with bags. It's like the pits of hell no matter what time of day it is.  I'm curious to see what 72nd and 86th will look like once they're done. Those stations were equally disgusting.

20 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It's absolutely embarrassing.  In fact they should rehab any station named "Chambers Street".  The one by the (1)(2)(3) line is equally disgusting and HOT as hell!! My God, I dread using that station if I go shopping and come down to the platform with bags. It's like the pits of hell no matter what time of day it is.  I'm curious to see what 72nd and 86th will look like once they're done. Those stations were equally disgusting.

I really dont like 72st on Broadway..Platform is to narrow for me....

7 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

I really dont like 72st on Broadway..Platform is to narrow for me....

Nothing you can do about that one, short of a total rebuilding which would necessitate relocating the tracks. At least they added a new head house and extra stairs to move passengers out more quickly.

11 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They should've power washed the station. The platform looks dirty from dust build-up. Something you notice if you've been on construction sites like myself. Seems like they only replaced some tiles looking at the grouting. At least re-grout fully. Looks off in parts. The main thing they should've addressed was the ceilings. Those things are going to be chipping in no time. Cheap paint and rehab... Cheap as in cheap materials, though quite expensive cost wise.

Grouse, grouse, grouse. It looks great. Give credit where due. 

9 hours ago, KK 6 Ave Local said:

and yet no renovation for chambers (J)(Z)... 

welcome to our city we hope you enjoy your stay

Isn't it getting a renovation sometime soon? 

As for other busy stops that are in poor condition, they really need to rehab West 4th- such a major transfer point should not be a sauna that reeks of piss.

Archived