Express Bus Advocacy Group

Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

They actually did run an NG on the X1 once

When was that? I'm pretty sure alot of people waited for the next one since the X1 is pretty frequent😂

Edited by Lil 57

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QM4 runs everyday. Before 2016, it was just the QM21 at BP (peak service obviously). I feel that because there are only so many buses to use at BP and they keep beating up the 2005-06 MCIs plus age and other maintenance bs they have to use at least 1 Orion on an express to provide decent service.

13 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QM4 runs everyday. Before 2016, it was just the QM21 at BP (peak service obviously). I feel that because there are only so many buses to use at BP and they keep beating up the 2005-06 MCIs plus age and other maintenance bs they have to use at least 1 Orion on an express to provide decent service.

Yes, there is clearly a maintenance problem at BP.  We will be looking into it accordingly.

----

Latest projects being undertaken:

-Commencing with contacting elected officials Citywide to garner feedback from their constituents regarding their express bus service.  We would like to use this feedback to push for improvements during the remaining express bus re-designs.

-Potential circulation of petitions for restoration of express bus routes on Staten Island

-Discussion of social media page and Express Bus Advocacy Group logo

Trying to confirm if this sort of crowding is regular on the X27??

42707000_10156758942565127_8239469585678

Courtesy of a Bay Ridge resident:

That’s our ride every day on the express bus in Bay Ridge! Late and overcrowded buses in the morning and few buses night while empty SIM are flowing! The corrupted people MTA New York City Transit are reducing the number of X27 ! And the funny thing the bus operator doesn’t even say the bus is full until you swipe! These buses are not equipped and safe for people to stand up! This is unacceptable we pay high price for our rides! Something should be done Justin Brannan John Quaglione

If anyone knows of South Brooklyn express bus riders, we want to hear from them.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1141362679344618/?ref=group_header

I'm looking around on social media, but it is REALLY hard to find commuters out there besides Staten Island and we need to hear from folks in the other boroughs. it's amazing that people have such horrendous commutes and only Staten Islanders are posting about it social media.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Get these express bus drivers to get to their destination as fast as possible. During the nonstop section, GO WHERE THE TRAFFIC ISNT. If there's not a lot of riders on the bus, ask them where they're getting off, and go off route to get to those stops quicker.......!  Also, dont be afraid to drive fast

11 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Trying to confirm if this sort of crowding is regular on the X27??

42707000_10156758942565127_8239469585678

Courtesy of a Bay Ridge resident:

If anyone knows of South Brooklyn express bus riders, we want to hear from them.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1141362679344618/?ref=group_header

I'm looking around on social media, but it is REALLY hard to find commuters out there besides Staten Island and we need to hear from folks in the other boroughs. it's amazing that people have such horrendous commutes and only Staten Islanders are posting about it social media.

That's not normal (at least in my experience). That usually only happens if the prior trip is a no show.

33 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

That's not normal (at least in my experience). That usually only happens if the prior trip is a no show.

Yeah, I’m on some Bay Ridge social media pages, and they’re telling me the specific trips that are problems. If you have any others let us know. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

There should be a code in buses that say "STANDING ROOM ONLY".

That is something we're going to be mentioning during our upcoming meeting.  Some B/Os continue to do their own thing. They were asked by management to call in when they have no room, and some of them are not.

13 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That is something we're going to be mentioning during our upcoming meeting.  Some B/Os continue to do their own thing. They were asked by management to call in when they have no room, and some of them are not.

They stopped giving us those announcements to call it in a week or so ago....

9 minutes ago, trife86 said:

They stopped giving us those announcements to call it in a week or so ago....

Likely because just about every Staten Island express bus is still severely overcrowded.  There really hasn't been that much improvement there.  I just finished writing to my contacts about getting an in-person meeting to try to resolve some of this mess.  The issues on Staten Island are by far the worst, and most of this is traffic related. We have got to get better cooperation from the DOT.  If the buses can't get through the traffic, the overcrowding, missing and bunched buses will continue, no matter how much service is added. It's actually the same problem for people in Bay Ridge.  Takes an eternity to get into the tunnel Downtown. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

There should be a code in buses that say "STANDING ROOM ONLY".

NJT MCI's has this code. SRO Coach buses seem acceptable on that side of the Hudson. From what I've seen, of all complaints I heard about NJT I never heard commuters compain about standing on the MCI.

On Sunday I was at Hamilton Park in Jersey and even on a Sunday a couple of those 16x routes that uses MCI had standees.

Edited by trainfan22

23 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

NJT MCI's has this code. SRO Coach buses seem acceptable on that side of the Hudson. From what I've seen, of all complaints I heard about NJT I never heard commuters compain about standing on the MCI.

On Sunday I was at Hamilton Park in Jersey and even on a Sunday a couple of those 16x routes that uses MCI had standees.

Heh, you need to get out there more then. Standees are not the norm, nor should they be on these buses.  Would you like wait 45 minutes to get on a bus because buses aren't showing up and then STAND for another 90 minutes (assuming you can even get on)? That's what people are putting up with to get to and from work for $6.50 each way.

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

That SRO sign can be a bit misleading. I saw numerous NJT MCI with the SRO sign up while heading into NYC (evening rush), yet when I looked through the windows the buses were only a quarter to half full.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

There’s gotta be a big shortage of express buses in Queens. 

Apparently so and I wrote to Byford and showed him photos yesterday.  We'll be bringing this up at the next Board meeting.  This is better than them not sending a bus out, but Baisley Depot only has TWO routes that are express, so why are they so short on buses.    The QM21 runs during the week only, and the QM4 runs hourly on Saturday and Sunday, so you certainly don't need all of those buses out on the road. There should be some spares available.

13 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Apparently so and I wrote to Byford and showed him photos yesterday.  We'll be bringing this up at the next Board meeting.  This is better than them not sending a bus out, but Baisley Depot only has TWO routes that are express, so why are they so short on buses.    The QM21 runs during the week only, and the QM4 runs hourly on Saturday and Sunday, so you certainly don't need all of those buses out on the road. There should be some spares available.

Don't forgot the QM44 😂