Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Via Garibaldi 8

Express Bus Advocacy Group

On 2/14/2020 at 5:31 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That's interesting because that is not noted on the (MTA) website.  I will post it in my group.

I've received 6 different "revised President's Day schedule" emails from the MTA so far, so they are clearly not on top of things lol. 

Ive been taking Sunday QM5 and QM6 a lot recently, and man are these buses more crowded than they used to be, which fits with the latest ridership data. And the BOs seem to be friendlier than during the week! Real shame they are even considering cutting these runs rather than advertising it and building ridership further

On 2/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, QM1to6Ave said:

Ive been taking Sunday QM5 and QM6 a lot recently, and man are these buses more crowded than they used to be, which fits with the latest ridership data. And the BOs seem to be friendlier than during the week! Real shame they are even considering cutting these runs rather than advertising it and building ridership further

Yeah because service has been a lot better. We've been really on them to get the buses out on-time and track any missing buses. As I'm sure you know, the QM1 has been running quite well now for some months.  We've also asked for a few buses on lines where possible to alleviate overcrowding. They've been trying to assist with that too here and there.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
  • Upvote 1

We were down at the West 230th Street and Broadway stop this morning speaking with Bronx News 12 about USPS ongoing abuse of the express bus stops.  In response to this news report, USPS stated the following:

"With a goal of minimizing congestion and parking concerns, the US Postal Service remains focused on being a good and safe neighbor in the Kingsbridge area. Postal officials indicate that every effort is made to be respectful of where we park more than 20 postal vehicles that serve the Kingsbridge community. The location will be monitored to ensure there are no postal vehicles in the bus lane and local drivers will be provided additional parking instructions."

• Upvote 2

On 2/21/2020 at 12:06 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

We were down at the West 230th Street and Broadway stop this morning speaking with Bronx News 12 about USPS ongoing abuse of the express bus stops.  In response to this news report, USPS stated the following:

IIRC, those car people tend to come from Westchester and points North. They love to complain about the 5-10 minute walk from their parking spots to the office itself. 

Bus Riders know the deal: You can get to work on time and still be 10-20 minutes late because of security at the front desk holding the worker up. 

11 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

IIRC, those car people tend to come from Westchester and points North. They love to complain about the 5-10 minute walk from their parking spots to the office itself. 

Bus Riders know the deal: You can get to work on time and still be 10-20 minutes late because of security at the front desk holding the worker up. 

No idea what you're talking about. You're quoting comments about USPS blocking bus stops...

Frequency was definitely.improved on the QM routes this week. Perhaps more.B/Os are out of quarentine. Still averaging 3-4 riders per trip, with a max of 9 at about 4 pm. Seems like people in the city who have to work clear out early to go home. 

I've been making record time into and out of the.city. One B/O took the Grand Central to the LIE and got me to tge first stop in actual record time. another BO was listening to 1010 wins while driving lol. Havent seen that since the yankees won the world series. I guess rules are more relaxed during the pandemic which is fine with me! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Frequency was definitely.improved on the QM routes this week. Perhaps more.B/Os are out of quarentine. Still averaging 3-4 riders per trip, with a max of 9 at about 4 pm. Seems like people in the city who have to work clear out early to go home. 

I've been making record time into and out of the.city. One B/O took the Grand Central to the LIE and got me to tge first stop in actual record time. another BO was listening to 1010 wins while driving lol. Havent seen that since the yankees won the world series. I guess rules are more relaxed during the pandemic which is fine with me! 

Like the old days. I got to the Upper East Side in 30 minutes. 

• Upvote 1