Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ABOGbrooklyn

Ads are popping up in the middle of a paragraph

Question

Everytime for the past couple of days, I've been reading people's responses throughout this forum and I have ads popping up directly over someones paragraph.

Can you guys please fix this issue. I am using Chrome Mobile for Android.

• Upvote 1

17 answers to this question

Google re-enabled auto-ads in my account. I let them analyze my account with their "experiments" and automatically implement into the forums. I just had to turn off one suggestion. What @ABOGbrooklyn was seeing is a unit that me and other site owners don't use because its broken at its current state. I turned it off. You shouldn't see it again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Harry said:

Is it a pop-up ad with a close button?

There is no [X] button or a close button. It is an ad directly on top of someone's paragraph.

I've been having similar problems when I view the site as a "guest" from my phone...it does have an "X" button, but when you close the ad, there is still a blank space on the screen...even if you refresh the page, another advertisement will pop-up in the same space without the "X" button.

Edited by +Young+
  • Upvote 2

I've only had this issue intermittently.  I view the site on my iPad Pro and on my phone which is Android (HTC 10). I think it's been happening on the iPad.

2 hours ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

How do you upload images to this forum?

From a desktop, this is how:

First, obtain a "print screen" of the problem. In other words, when the problem is on the screen, press the "print screen" key, which is on the top-right of the keyboard, paste it into paint, and save it in a convenient spot, such as your desktop.

Next, upload them to a image hosting site, such as Flickr or TinyPic. Once you've logged in (providing you already have an account), copy and paste the URL codes. It might take a couple of tries to get the correct code, however one of them should work out.

Got it? If not, let us know...

Edited by +Young+
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

From a desktop, this is how:

First, obtain a "print screen" of the problem. In other words, when the problem is on the screen, press the "print screen" key, which is on the top-right of the keyboard, paste it into paint, and save it in a convenient spot, such as your desktop.

Next, upload them to a image hosting site, such as Flickr or TinyPic. Once you've logged in (providing you already have an account), copy and paste the URL codes. It might take a couple of tries to get the correct code, however one of them should work out.

Got it? If not, let us know...

In your second point, will that work for mobile? I mostly use this site on mobile.

Edited by +Young+

45 minutes ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

In your second point, will that work for mobile? I mostly use this site on mobile.

I honestly don't know, I only log in from a desktop and/or laptop. Sorry...

My apologies for bumping this, however it's happening to me again as you can see below when viewing this page.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Thanks in advance...

Forum issue.jpg

• Upvote 1

My apologies for bumping this, however it's happening to me again as you can see below when viewing this page.

Thanks in advance...

Forum issue.jpg

I've had the problem intermittently, but only on my iPad, not on my desktop computer here in my office.

Thanks in advance...

Forum issue.jpg

I've noticed this only on my cell phone. I haven't noticed this on desktop.