6 hurt when MTA bus slams into building in Brooklyn

BM5 via Woodhaven

https://abc7ny.com/6-hurt-when-mta-bus-slams-into-building-in-brooklyn/4303063/

BROOKLYN, New York City (WABC) --

An MTA bus slammed into a building in Brooklyn Friday morning, leaving six people injured.

It happened around 10:15 a.m. at Ralph and St. Mark's avenues.

There were no customers on board the B45 bus at the time, and authorities say the driver was making a right turn when he lost control and smashed into the building.

He suffered trauma and was rushed to Kings County Hospital.

Five other people who were inside the building or in the vicinity suffered minor injures and were treated at the scene.

The cause of the crash is under investigation, and inspectors from the Department of Buildings also responded to check the integrity of the building.

Since I have no background on the matter, I won't comment on this particular issue, but I will say that they seem to be active in training new drivers.  I know someone will say they are always training new ones, but obviously that can vary in terms of how many from time to time due to a number of issues.  I just wonder if 

3 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Since I have no background on the matter, I won't comment on this particular issue, but I will say that they seem to be active in training new drivers.  I know someone will say they are always training new ones, but obviously that can vary in terms of how many from time to time due to a number of issues.  I just wonder if 

In terms of new drivers, some definitely need to be trained more. A few days ago, I was on this S53 and we made it as far as Richmond Rd before the driver got lost and did a loop, almost reaching St George before another passenger corrected him by Vanderbilt Av. Afterwards it was nonstop to Brooklyn via the S93. 

Just now, MysteriousBtrain said:

In terms of new drivers, some definitely need to be trained more. A few days ago, I was on this S53 and we made it as far as Richmond Rd before the driver got lost and did a loop, almost reaching St George before another passenger corrected him by Vanderbilt Av. Afterwards it was nonstop to Brooklyn via the S93. 

Last weekend I had to wait over an hour for the QM2 back to Manhattan because there was a new driver and he skipped my stop and the next four stops because he wasn't familiar with the weekend routing.  Mind you, the whole point of the weekend route is to attract ridership in that segment of the route.

A few years ago, I was waiting for a BxM4 bus.  The bus never came, so I called the depot to see what was going on after filing a complaint.  They tell me the guy got lost deadheading over from the BxM11.  Eventually he got there almost an hour late, so late that he was behind the next bus!  The driver, myself and the new guy basically agreed that he should just follow the veteran guy down to Midtown and back up to Woodlawn so that he could learn the route.  Then I told him, you need to come up here and learn these routes on your day off or something, but why should drivers have to do that on their day off?  It's sad because this has been going on for well over 10 years and it seems to be getting worse.  It's like they're throwing these new guys to the wolves. If so you can't expect them to stay around.  

6 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Last weekend I had to wait over an hour for the QM2 back to Manhattan because there was a new driver and he skipped my stop and the next four stops because he wasn't familiar with the weekend routing.  Mind you, the whole point of the weekend route is to attract ridership in that segment of the route.

A few years ago, I was waiting for a BxM4 bus.  The bus never came, so I called the depot to see what was going on after filing a complaint.  They tell me the guy got lost deadheading over from the BxM11.  Eventually he got there almost an hour late, so late that he was behind the next bus!  The driver, myself and the new guy basically agreed that he should just follow the veteran guy down to Midtown and back up to Woodlawn so that he could learn the route.  Then I told him, you need to come up here and learn these routes on your day off or something, but why should drivers have to do that on their day off?  It's sad because this has been going on for well over 10 years and it seems to be getting worse.  It's like they're throwing these new guys to the wolves. If so you can't expect them to stay around.  

Getting lost on the BxM4? It's so simple LMAO. I guess I can understand making a wrong turn around Mosholu parkway, but otherwise it's quite straightforward...

Archived