If Kawasaki is gone who will we go to?

BreeddekalbL

Someone else obviously. Kawasaki isn't the only car builder in the country, so if something happens where they will not bid on future orders, there are other options to be considered. While unlikely these days due to the many delays in delivering their latest order, Bombardier is still a viable option provided they get their acts together and deliver quality products in a timely fashion. Alstom-Siemens is also an option that would meet the Built in New York stipulation with their factory in Hornell. Outside of the state, we have the up and coming CRRC, who's building cars for the CTA, SEPTA and LACMTA presently, along with long-time car builder AnsaldoBreda, now operating as a branch of Hitachi Rail. While it would be a major setback if Kawasaki were to reduce their footprint in car building, more so since they are the go-to car builder for a lot of transit agencies and not just the MTA, we would get by without them. It's no different from when American Car and Foundry or St. Louis Car Co. stopped making cars back in the day. There will always be a demand for new train cars. It's just a matter of who answers the call.

Don't know what's been going on up in Yonkers but corporate (Japan) Isn't happy. I'm surprised at some the mishaps getting a bit sloppy. WMATA broke the camels back! Their current predicament is totally self Inflicted.  The next few years have to be flawless if they Intend to stay in the game which I hope they're able to do. There are very few companies able to handle MTA's scale with experience.  They have the pipeline and Talent to get back on track.

18 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

I have a quick question. Aside from Alstom-Seimens, Kawasaki, CRRC and Bombardier, how many other companies are there and would any of them be worthy of bidding for NYCT?

1000+ car MTA size orders not many.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

You mean the Budd car company? Even as a joke, these days I can't imagine the horror watching a bankrupt company like them struggle to produce deem-ably lackluster equipment for the (MTA).

Actually, I can...

giphy.gif

seems correct to me

Archived