Bee Line Advocacy Group

Lawrence St

I love Bee Line, and I try to give them some space here and there, but ever since some of these new drivers have started, it's been complete chaos. Buses coming 3 minutes early, drivers seeing you try to run to the bus stop and just skip your stop anyway, rude drivers, just...

Even today, I was trying to catch the first 4 bus of the day, and the dude came 3 and a half minutes early, even saw me trying to flag him down while running to the bus stop and just ignored me and passed me. Unacceptable! It's unfair how some of these drivers dont care how early they are, while some of these drivers will wait 5 minutes to catch up for being 1 minute early.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three in and a half minutes early huh? I would say the rule of thumb is to be at the stop five minutes before the bus is due. Any earlier than that and I file a complaint. I've had buses 10 minutes early and I had to run out of my cab and run to get on the bus. If you're serious about an Advocacy Group, I would say don't go around breaking balls. Do your homework and know your stuff. Notice I've been taking about leaving the terminal 10-20 minutes late. That's not ok. I think 5 minutes late is reasonable and I wouldn't make a big stink about that. I didn't know anything about Bee Line but as I said, do your homework if you're going to start an advocacy group. It's a lot of work.

57 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Three in and a half minutes early huh? I would say the rule of thumb is to be at the stop five minutes before the bus is due. Any earlier than that and I file a complaint. I've had buses 10 minutes early and I had to run out of my cab and run to get on the bus. If you're serious about an Advocacy Group, I would say don't go around breaking balls. Do your homework and know your stuff. Notice I've been taking about leaving the terminal 10-20 minutes late. That's not ok. I think 5 minutes late is reasonable and I wouldn't make a big stink about that. I didn't know anything about Bee Line but as I said, do your homework if you're going to start an advocacy group. It's a lot of work.

Yes I know, but bee line has been spiraling out of control lately. While it isnt that much of an issue with being early, our buses arent as frequent as MTA's, so it's almost half an hour late for the next one.

11 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Yes I know, but bee line has been spiraling out of control lately. While it isnt that much of an issue with being early, our buses arent as frequent as MTA's, so it's almost half an hour late for the next one.

Even more of a reason why you should be there 5 minutes before. That’s a general rule. That said, if customer service stinks, that’s something else that should be looked at.

Yesterday's commute was absolutely horrible. Took us 50 minutes to get from Mclean Av @ Central Park Av to Woodlawn, making everybody lose their connection's. The ride back home was insane, Jerome Avenue is getting worse and worse by the day. Took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get from Moshulu Pkwy to Woodlawn. @Via Garibaldi 8 You weren't joking, DOT doesn't even seem to care nor try to fix the problem.

16 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Yes and no. It is possible to get semi accurate real time info via google maps, but there's no dedicated website or app as far as I know

13 hours ago, OIG119 said:

The closest thing to GPS tracking it has is the Transit app, but that only shows where the bus should be based on the schedule.

Ah ok. That makes a difference, it helps with NICE.

I don't know of any Bee Line users around here. In any event, you have your work cut out for you.  You need to figure out how to grow and market your advocacy group, then contact elected officials. Then you need to get the attention of Bee Line and see if you can meet with them and the transportation agencies involved, and on and on. You should also see if there are other advocacy groups out there for Bee Line and try to contact them.   Good luck... Westchester is a completely different animal. I also have help because I have people who I know that do advocacy so we can bounce ideas off of each other, not to mention that I've done this before.  You need to get yourself familiar with who is who in Westchester.  I just wonder if you realize how much work this is and how much sacrifice this is... It isn't just setting up a social media page...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

On 11/6/2018 at 9:33 AM, Lawrence St said:

Yesterday's commute was absolutely horrible. Took us 50 minutes to get from Mclean Av @ Central Park Av to Woodlawn, making everybody lose their connection's. The ride back home was insane, Jerome Avenue is getting worse and worse by the day. Took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get from Moshulu Pkwy to Woodlawn. @Via Garibaldi 8 You weren't joking, DOT doesn't even seem to care nor try to fix the problem.

That's not really a DOT thing....more like a Westchester County thing.

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The problem is on NYC streets, literally below Woodlawn subway station.

He's right though. Bee Line is a different animal. Some buses may run through the Bronx, but these buses are run by the county of Westchester and the streets that they run on in Westchester have nothing to do with NYC DOT, so it's important that you do your homework. You can't model what I'm doing with the (MTA) . You need understand how Bee Line is funded, who are the different agencies you have to deal with etc. This is why it's so difficult to get things done. Too many agencies involved. It took me almost three weeks to set up that meeting with the MTA for one hour.

On 11/8/2018 at 4:14 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

He's right though. Bee Line is a different animal. Some buses may run through the Bronx, but these buses are run by the county of Westchester and the streets that they run on in Westchester have nothing to do with NYC DOT, so it's important that you do your homework. You can't model what I'm doing with the (MTA) . You need understand how Bee Line is funded, who are the different agencies you have to deal with etc. This is why it's so difficult to get things done. Too many agencies involved. It took me almost three weeks to set up that meeting with the MTA for one hour.

The section of the route he's referring to is under the NYCDOT Jurisdiction. NYCTA buses are also affected. I know CB12 is working on getting the DOT on it.  @Lawrence St still reach out and do your homework!

4 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

The section of the route he's referring to is under the NYCDOT Jurisdiction. NYCTA buses are also affected. I know CB12 is working on getting the DOT on it.  @Lawrence St still reach out and do your homework!

We know that. The point still stands regarding my comments... Anything outside of that is in Westchester, so nothing I’ve stated changes.

10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

We know that. The point still stands regarding my comments... Anything outside of that is in Westchester, so nothing I’ve stated changes.

I'm just speaking on the ride delays which is all on the NYC side of the border. The 10,16,28,30,34,and 38 all are affected . Your comments stand for the overall Advocacy group homework needs to be done on the Westchester side for that.

Edited by RailRunRob

1 hour ago, RailRunRob said:

I'm just speaking on the ride delays which is all on the NYC side of the border. The 10,16,28,30,34,and 38 all are affected . Your comments stand for the overall Advocacy group homework needs to be done on the Westchester side for that.

Right... I think it’s enough dealing with Bee Line, but given what those buses come into NYC territory for, he’s almost bound to have to deal with some NYC or State agency.

8 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Right... I think it’s enough dealing with Bee Line, but given what those buses come into NYC territory for, he’s almost bound to have to deal with some NYC or State agency.

Simply put from my POV I don't think it's that deep NYCDOT solves the issue for the MTA routes it solves 90% of the issue for the BL 20.21 and 4 as well. I Don't perceive he had any issues with frequency or schedules just traffic within NYC's borders. @Lawrence St correct me if I'm wrong. 

12 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

Simply put from my POV I don't think it's that deep NYCDOT solves the issue for the MTA routes it solves 90% of the issue for the BL 20.21 and 4 as well. I Don't perceive he had any issues with frequency or schedules just traffic within NYC's borders. @Lawrence St correct me if I'm wrong. 

Actually he does. We have spoken in person, hence my comments. If it was just traffic, I don't see the point in starting an advocacy group for that.

6 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The traffic is just an example, but he noted other issues he has with service and the frequency. Unfortunately you wouldn't know this since he didn't post that here.

Got it.. That gives some reference to the context of previous comments.  So yeah way more moving parts with the between the County local Townships and Cities (ie Yonkers/WhitePlains) plus State. Homework.. Homework..

Edited by RailRunRob