Bee Line Advocacy Group

Lawrence St

27 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

So, 5 routes.....

Hell, I've seen artics on every single-digit route number alone, save for the #4 & the 9 Yonkers loop.....

You've never seen an artic on the #40?

I ride artics on the 40/41/43, but there were a few times I got a Orion V on the 40 during the daytime. I also don't fan that route often to really say.

I know the 43 used to operate the "Orion coaches" but not sure if it still happens today.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever since the big wave of cuts in 2010, one may or may not notice certain bus types no longer appearing on certain routes. For instance:

-32 ft O5's on the 12, 66, and some of the commuter/loop routes

-O5 suburbans on the 43

I can imagine that because a lot of the 32 ft O5's were sold, there were now so few buses to go around, they had to reallocate whatever 32 ft O5's that used to be assigned to...let's say the the 12 or 66 for instance, and have them reassigned to the commuter/loop routes that lost whatever #1XX/#8XX buses were sold with literally no replacement. Plus, I feel like this reduction in the fleet caused a ripple effect, warranting the severe mutilation of the BxM4C route, considering it obviously has nothing else to use but the O5 suburbans.

Edited by Axis

2 hours ago, Axis said:

Ever since the big wave of cuts in 2010, one may or may not notice certain bus types no longer appearing on certain routes. For instance:

-32 ft O5's on the 12, 66, and some of the commuter/loop routes

-O5 suburbans on the 43

I can imagine that because a lot of the 32 ft O5's were sold, there were now so few buses to go around, they had to reallocate whatever 32 ft O5's that used to be assigned to...let's say the the 12 or 66 for instance, and have them reassigned to the commuter/loop routes that lost whatever #1XX/#8XX buses were sold with literally no replacement. Plus, I feel like this reduction in the fleet caused a ripple effect, warranting the severe mutilation of the BxM4C route, considering it obviously has nothing else to use but the O5 suburbans.

The BxM4C only lost 2 Orion V's, there were 8 Orion 32ft's retired.

Theres one trip on the 60 that uses the Orion Suburbans, as well as on the 43.

The BxM4C, in the event of a shortage of Coach Orions, used to use either a regular Orion, a NABI or a Neoplan.

18 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I ride artics on the 40/41/43, but there were a few times I got a Orion V on the 40 during the daytime. I also don't fan that route often to really say.

I know the 43 used to operate the "Orion coaches" but not sure if it still happens today.

There's a couple times I've seen & been on a 40' #40 (40 footer on a BL-40) myself.... I'd say more often than not, you'd get an artic on the #40 (at least, I have)....

As for the #43, I couldn't tell you what they operate on that route.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fredrick Wells 3 said:

Here's something foreign to Bee Line Bus: Frequent Service.

I don't question their non operation on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but other than route 20/21 CENTRAL AVENUE, you generally have waits exceeding 30 minutes during Off Peak Hours. It could be a budget thing or capacity at the garage in Yonkers, however something needs to be done to where your priority routes run approximately every 15 minutes better throughout the day, and the other routes run every 20 to 30 minutes throughout the day.

Their Sunday service is especially ridiculous. Even NICE Bus does better

21 hours ago, Fredrick Wells 3 said:

Here's something foreign to Bee Line Bus: Frequent Service.

I don't question their non operation on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but other than route 20/21 CENTRAL AVENUE, you generally have waits exceeding 30 minutes during Off Peak Hours. It could be a budget thing or capacity at the garage in Yonkers, however something needs to be done to where your priority routes run approximately every 15 minutes better throughout the day, and the other routes run every 20 to 30 minutes throughout the day.

Lol dont get me started. Another thing I hate is their HORRIBLE communication with riders when theres a detour in effect. Its not posted on the site, nor on the bus stop pole, nor is there supervisor on site. MULTIPLE times I've waited 2 hours for a 20 at Woodlawn because they were detouring AROUND Woodlawn to 233rd St and not one word was said nor communicated.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:33 PM, Mtatransit said:

Their Sunday service is especially ridiculous. Even NICE Bus does better

Sunday service (or lack thereof) is painful to say the least (I'm looking at you, bi-hourly 5 & 6).

The 1 & 2 just recently got more Sunday morning service.

Yet, the 4 continues to suffer with early cutoffs on Sunday nights.

Personally, I'm not a fan of hourly service to/from New Rochelle on the 7 (or hourly service to/from White Plains on the 60).

The amount of time the 20 gets between timepoints on Sundays is all out of whack; too much time between White Plains & Fort Hill Road, yet nowhere near enough time between Fort Hill Road & The Bronx. And, good luck finding a Sunday trip on the 20 to/from White Plains that isn't super packed in the middle of the day. Like...the half-hourly frequency is enough to get everyone on-board, but once a trip on that frequency becomes late (or generally gets more people than usual) or even worse, gets a 40 footer bus assigned to it, all hell breaks loose.

One trooper is immune to the Sunday chaos though. The 78 (which uses only one schedule variant everyday).

21 hours ago, Axis said:

Sunday service (or lack thereof) is painful to say the least (I'm looking at you, bi-hourly 5 & 6).

The 1 & 2 just recently got more Sunday morning service.

Yet, the 4 continues to suffer with early cutoffs on Sunday nights.

Personally, I'm not a fan of hourly service to/from New Rochelle on the 7 (or hourly service to/from White Plains on the 60).

The amount of time the 20 gets between timepoints on Sundays is all out of whack; too much time between White Plains & Fort Hill Road, yet nowhere near enough time between Fort Hill Road & The Bronx. And, good luck finding a Sunday trip on the 20 to/from White Plains that isn't super packed in the middle of the day. Like...the half-hourly frequency is enough to get everyone on-board, but once a trip on that frequency becomes late (or generally gets more people than usual) or even worse, gets a 40 footer bus assigned to it, all hell breaks loose.

One trooper is immune to the Sunday chaos though. The 78 (which uses only one schedule variant everyday).

You also forget that the 4 tends to be super packed...because instead of putting articulated buses on it, they put NABI's and they have HORRIBLE standing room.

• 4 weeks later...

6:19 PM W20 trip to White Plains purposely left too early, stranding everyone (and me) who got off the (4) train at 6:17 PM, BEFORE the trip is due out.

I think I finally figured out why the 6:43 PM & 7:00 PM weekday n/b W20 trips are always crowded (and late), and the 7:15 PM is always half empty.

So yeah, someone please nerf this 6:19 B/O & add TWO additional n/b weekday W20 trips from Bedford Park to White Plains departing between 6:20 PM & 7:00 PM, please?

The crowding imbalance with these particular trips has been going on for at least four years, with no end in sight.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:27 PM, Axis said:

6:19 PM W20 trip to White Plains purposely left too early, stranding everyone (and me) who got off the (4) train at 6:17 PM, BEFORE the trip is due out.

I think I finally figured out why the 6:43 PM & 7:00 PM weekday n/b W20 trips are always crowded (and late), and the 7:15 PM is always half empty.

So yeah, someone please nerf this 6:19 B/O & add TWO additional n/b weekday W20 trips from Bedford Park to White Plains departing between 6:20 PM & 7:00 PM, please?

The crowding imbalance with these particular trips has been going on for at least four years, with no end in sight.

File a formal complaint if it's been happening a lot. The 20 is just a mess with unbalanced trips and so forth.

I wish the BL would drop the "Welp, it's Sunday" attitude regarding service. I get that ridership drops hard on Sundays, but it's not non-existent. Perhaps headways designed around ridership loads and a re-tooling of acceptable loads for Sundays.

For Christ's sake, the 55 runs every hour on Sunday, which suggests "Only ride this freaking route if your travel plans are absolutely necessary."

/endrant

29 minutes ago, 40MntVrn said:

I wish the BL would drop the "Welp, it's Sunday" attitude regarding service. I get that ridership drops hard on Sundays, but it's not non-existent. Perhaps headways designed around ridership loads and a re-tooling of acceptable loads for Sundays.

For Christ's sake, the 55 runs every hour on Sunday, which suggests "Only ride this freaking route if your travel plans are absolutely necessary."

/endrant

That's much better than what Bee Line provides for some of the other routes (specifically the 5/6).

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The 5 and 6 have good service on Sundays, there's just no service past White Plains.

The 6 literally runs four trips in each direction for a six hour period and then calls it a day. That's not good service at all, especially considering the 6 serves more (unique and total) places than the 5, and that people both have places to get to before noon, and after 6 PM.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

• 3 weeks later...

file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb

Wow, this totally does not look like the 5:07 PM W20 trip out of Bedford Park has been going missing everyday, and completely overwhelming the 5:21 PM W20X trip as a result...

/sarcasm

On 6/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Axis said:

Wow, this totally does not look like the 5:07 PM W20 trip out of Bedford Park has been going missing everyday, and completely overwhelming the 5:21 PM W20X trip as a result...

/sarcasm

Why are your links broken?

• 3 weeks later...