Election Day 2018: Who to Vote For?

CenSin

Anyone got a good picks to replace Cuomo?

• Molinaro is off my list. Cutting taxes? That is not going to get a lot of needed public services (like transportation) in working order.
  • Sharpe does not deal with any issues that really concern me.
  • Miner has some good talking points. Data-driven allocation of money to infrastructure is a good direction to go.
  • Hawkins talks about controlling rent, taxing the rich, and making state/city colleges tuition-free. However, he also talks about desegregating schools, which could be iffy depending on the implementation details. Lowering the bar for entry is a no-go, for example.

For lieutenant governor:

• Hochul says, “I’ve been helping elect Democrats my entire life.” And that’s my bullshit sensor going off right there.
  • Hollister wants to reduce tax burden. He comes with Sharpe.
  • Volpe wants to fix the MTA, although he is primarily based in suburban Westchester. I doubt he has any experience what New Yorkers actually go through in the subway. But he comes as a pair with Miner.

For attorney general:

• Garvey is nuts.
  • James is not nuts.

I don’t know too much about judges.

For the governors: I don't really care about Sharpe, i'll have to look into Miner and Hawkins some more. Cuomo definitely deserves to get kicked out, I have some confidence in Molinaro for this reason since he has been coming somewhat closer to Cuomo's reign (close enough to add pressure). Molinaro also seems less volatile and angry in his attitude and pride than Cuomo, latter of whom justifies points through yelling out how he and his party is right for the most part. I'm not really a strong conservative (and I am still somewhat skeptical over his position as governor), but from seeing some of the things Molinaro has stated in the past, he seems greatly committed to helping the (MTA) function and manage money more properly.  

Just my opinion, I'm not even old enough to vote yet, so go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Cuomo is a fake progressive. It wasn't until Cynthia Nixon came along that he started being all anti-Trump. I've watched the primary debates, and for a progressive candidate, Cynthia rarely addressed Trump, and made it more about New York. Cuomo was trying too hard with the anti-Trump stuff in every other point made. Nixon had some good ideas, but they might have been too ambitious. 

If it came down to Cynthia Nixon vs. Marc Molinaro, I would have voted for Nixon, but since Cuomo is on the ballot, I'm going with Molinaro. None of the third-party candidates are going to even be a match. 

The issue with transportation was mainly the reason I didn't vote for Cuomo. Showing up for photo ops but disappearing when the transit system goes to hell, diverting funds from the MTA to upstate ski places, and this LGA Airtrain bullshit that not only is a waste of money, but will cauae the shutdown of the existing Casey Stengel depot. No thank you. Can you believe he also opened the replacement of the Tappan Zee bridge while it had issues that needed to be corrected

I voted James for attorney general.

In an election where a major issue should  have been is how to fix the MTA, there was a proposal from Marc Molinaro that was discussed on this forum but in terms of the media, I think it lasted three days and then forgotten. Personally I think that it was a good starting point for a through discussion of the problems that the system is facing. What bothers me is that this should have been the key issue down here but for all the wrong reasons, most of the persons running for office in this election, avoided it like the plague. 

Yes! it involves money but for the city to keep its top position, it must have a viable, working transit system. but it also needs the various groups working together to make it a clean and working system that does what it is supposed to do. This is where our biggest problem is today  as the photo-op has become the big thing not fixing the nuts and bolts of the system.

The next two years, one of the few issues that will unite both parties in congress is infrastructure. Let us hope that the projects chosen by our elected leaders are not the ones that produce the most photo-ops.

I can't stand Cuomo, enthusiastically voted for Nixon in the primary, and would've voted for Hawkins if not for one poll I read yesterday. But the latest poll was too close (from +22 down to +13) and now trailing among independents. Cuomo is corrupt as hell, but at least can be baited to the left. Molinaro is even more to Cuomo's right, is a Trump puppet in a party full of them, and would be a bigger enemy to progress than he.

Voted for Cuomo, Tish James, Gillibrand, the entire Democratic ticket, as well as the three questions.

Archived