R32 and R46 going to the B Line???

R68ACTrain

9 hours ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

I've been hearing that the R46 and R32s are moving to the B line once the QBL CBTC is installed. Is this true?

There's only one way to find out and that is to wait and see. The R32 part has been talked about for some time already. The R46 part, I'm not buying it cause I've also heard the same from other people. But anyways, take @VIPs advice

The R32's are not going to the (B) it's been established already. They're staying on the (A) and (C) line with half the fleet going to the (G) unless things change. The R46's are going to the (B) (N) and (W) lines and Jamaica is becoming all R160's to prep for upcoming cbtc. 

2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

The R32's are not going to the (B) it's been established already. They're staying on the (A) and (C) line with half the fleet going to the (G) unless things change. The R46's are going to the (B)(N) and (W) lines and Jamaica is becoming all R160's to prep for upcoming cbtc. 

The R32’s aren’t making their way to CI. If that were to happen, what are 207th Street getting in return? And what’s this annoying rumor that R46’s are getting sent to CI in exchange for more R160’s for Jamaica?? That’s not happening for another 3-5 years. The (L) shutdown doesn’t mean Swap all cars from yard to yard to appease anyone’s eyes. The shutdown called for more service and longer (G) trains. The only valid rumor is the 4 car configured R160s heading over to Coney Island and that assignment may be permanent because of the botched 8-car R179 order. 

Edited by VIP

1 hour ago, VIP said:

The R32’s aren’t making their way to CI. If that were to happen, what are 207th Street getting in return? And what’s this annoying rumor that R46’s are getting sent to CI in exchange for more R160’s for Jamaica?? That’s not happening for another 3-5 years. The (L) shutdown doesn’t mean Swap all cars from yard to yard to appease anyone’s eyes. The shutdown called for more service and longer (G) trains. The only valid rumor is the 4 car configured R160s heading over to Coney Island and that assignment may be permanent because of the botched 8-car R179 order. 

This is incorrect. Jamaica needs the 160s need to be in place before the shutdown -- remember that car installs and CBTC testing are scheduled to begin before the shutdown is over. And it's nowhere near all the 32s headed to CI. It'll probably only be a few trains. As it has been relayed to me, the G will be generally held down by 8 car NTTs.

15 hours ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

I've been hearing that the R46 and R32s are moving to the B line once the QBL CBTC is installed. Is this true?

This has been discussed to death for months over on the R179 thread, so I won't bother chiming in...

Everyone has their own information, but that doesn't mean everyone's info will be 100% accurate. So be cautious of who you trust. 

4 hours ago, RR503 said:

This is incorrect. Jamaica needs the 160s need to be in place before the shutdown -- remember that car installs and CBTC testing are scheduled to begin before the shutdown is over. And it's nowhere near all the 32s headed to CI. It'll probably only be a few trains. As it has been relayed to me, the G will be generally held down by 8 car NTTs.

I thought it was 10 car NTT's?

7 hours ago, VIP said:

The (A) is getting 12 sets of R179's,  that frees up 120 or less R32's to go to CIY. The plan is to make the (G) 50% R32 and 50% R160A-1's as 8 car trains. The (A) in return will have 6-10 sets of R32's left. It all depends, imho I think all the smees will be at 207th st.

If (B)(D) both use the Concourse and Coney Island yards to ensure fleet swaps and parts & purchasing commonality/efficiency - which, IIRC, was the reason (B)(C) swapped uptown terminals, explain how dropping R68As for R32s and R46s would make any sense?

It'd make more sense to put them on (Q) since it swaps cars with (F) AND the latter uses R46s regularly.

1 hour ago, B46 via Utica said:

Not tho derail this thread off topic but where do the R42s fit in this equation? Are they going to be reserved after the shutdown or are they going to the (B)?

It's rumored they will go to the (B) but could end up on the (A)

2 hours ago, Deucey said:

If (B)(D) both use the Concourse and Coney Island yards to ensure fleet swaps and parts & purchasing commonality/efficiency - which, IIRC, was the reason (B)(C) swapped uptown terminals, explain how dropping R68As for R32s and R46s would make any sense?

It'd make more sense to put them on (Q) since it swaps cars with (F) AND the latter uses R46s regularly.

You just contradicted your own argument. The (B)’s cars are based out of Coney Island as well as the (Q) And the (F) and (Q) do not swap cars whatsoever especially since the (F)’s R160’s come from Jamaica. 

2 minutes ago, VIP said:

You just contradicted your own argument. The (B)’s cars are based out of Coney Island as well as the (Q) And the (F) and (Q) do not swap cars whatsoever especially since the (F)’s R160’s come from Jamaica. 

And where do the (F)'s R46s come from?

My prediction is similar to that of @RR503's regarding the eventual (G) fleet being composed of NTT's in majority, with a few R32 sets to make up for the remaining equipment necessary to support adequate, planned service. Those NTT's might be R160s, but, I could be wrong. Most of the remaining R32 sets could retain their assignment on the (A), but, only time will tell where they go. There's always the possibility of seeing some R32 put-ins on the (B) during rush hours, but even that is questionable. As far as I know, 5 10-car R42 trains can be assembled for (B) service, which could make their way to Coney Island Yard for that very reason. Now, I suppose a good question is: When will this all take place? January 2019? Or, has it already started?

We already know R32s and R42s CANNOT run on the (B) because they cannot fit through the Montague Street Tunnel. If god forbid something blocks the northbound DeKalb Avenue bridge track for several hours like a 12-9, power outage or track fire and there is already an R32/R42 (B) in the tunnel under Flatbush, the only way it can proceed without disrupting other trains is via Montague. It cannot sit down there forever or turn back at Court Street without holding up other trains. We also already know the rumored Jamaica-Coney Island swap will NOT happen for the foreseeable future being that CBTC on Queens Boulevard will not be ready until the mid to late 2020s, R46s cannot run on the northbound local track on Brighton due to residential complaints about noise and vibrations, and no other car type besides R160s can run on the (Q) because of lack of sufficient rollsigns or programs. In fact, Jamaica recently loaned a few more R160s to Coney Island over the summer. Since August, I have been seeing some R160As on the (N)(Q) (W) with (E) (F) service posters on them and more R46s on the (F) as well. It is already November (i.e. start of the Fall pick) and no one single car transfer has been made. Such a large swap would take a long time anyway (it took 5 years for Corona and Westchester to swap all their cars) and should have started already if Jamaica has to be all R160s before the Canarsie shutdown. As I said before, if that was the ultimate goal, someone please explain why Jamaica has been sending R160s to Coney Island numerous times over the past 7 years? Also, none of the other junk anyone says has been confirmed either.

Edited by FlushingExpress

1 hour ago, FlushingExpress said:

We already know R32s and R42s CANNOT run on the (B) because they cannot fit through the Montague Street Tunnel. If god forbid something blocks the northbound DeKalb Avenue bridge track for several hours like a 12-9, power outage or track fire and there is already an R32/R42 (B) in the tunnel under Flatbush, the only way it can proceed without disrupting other trains is via Montague. It cannot sit down there forever or turn back at Court Street without holding up other trains. We also already know the rumored Jamaica-Coney Island swap will NOT happen for the foreseeable future being that CBTC on Queens Boulevard will not be ready until the mid to late 2020s, R46s cannot run on the northbound local track on Brighton due to residential complaints about noise and vibrations, and no other car type besides R160s can run on the (Q) because of lack of sufficient rollsigns or programs. In fact, Jamaica recently loaned a few more R160s to Coney Island over the summer. Since August, I have been seeing some R160As on the (N)(Q) (W) with (E) (F) service posters on them and more R46s on the (F) as well. It is already November (i.e. start of the Fall pick) and no one single car transfer has been made. Such a large swap would take a long time anyway (it took 5 years for Corona and Westchester to swap all their cars) and should have started already if Jamaica has to be all R160s before the Canarsie shutdown. As I said before, if that was the ultimate goal, someone please explain why Jamaica has been sending R160s to Coney Island numerous times over the past 7 years? Also, none of the other junk anyone says has been confirmed either.

Please remember that the Montague Street tunnel is for the (R) and Brooklyn Bound (W) trains. Also, the (B) is on the Manhattan Bridge FYI.

2 hours ago, FlushingExpress said:

Alright, I see that you need to do some railfanning. 

First off, the (B) doesn'tuse Montague nor does it need to. You see, there's a set of tracks between Atlantic Avenue and DeKalb Avenue on Brighton that prevent (B) and (Q) trains from using Montague entirely. Don't believe me, check the track map. Also, 32's and 42's can simply use the Broadway Express tracks

Second, someone here has already said that the Jamaica Coney Island swap has been confirmed by (MTA)!! QBL CBTC will eventually happen, so it'll make sense for the fleet to be present beforehand (R160's in this case). Do we know when it will start? no. Do we know that a Jamaica Coney Island R160 fleet swap will eventually happen? Yes! Thus, you can not assume that it'll never happen.

Third, if R46's can not run on the Northbound local track cause of community complaints, then how come it has before (and recently too)? Also, where's your evidence to back this up? I see you need to do some railfanning. 

You keep making such arguments on what is just speculation, come back when you have evidence and statistics. 

Edited by LaGuardia Link N Tra