R32 and R46 going to the B Line???

R68ACTrain

2 hours ago, FlushingExpress said:

We already know R32s and R42s CANNOT run on the (B) because they cannot fit through the Montague Street Tunnel. If god forbid something blocks the northbound DeKalb Avenue bridge track for several hours like a 12-9, power outage or track fire and there is already an R32/R42 (B) in the tunnel under Flatbush, the only way it can proceed without disrupting other trains is via Montague. It cannot sit down there forever or turn back at Court Street without holding up other trains. We also already know the rumored Jamaica-Coney Island swap will NOT happen for the foreseeable future being that CBTC on Queens Boulevard will not be ready until the mid to late 2020s, R46s cannot run on the northbound local track on Brighton due to residential complaints about noise and vibrations, and no other car type besides R160s can run on the (Q) because of lack of sufficient rollsigns or programs. In fact, Jamaica recently loaned a few more R160s to Coney Island over the summer. Since August, I have been seeing some R160As on the (N)(Q) (W) with (E) (F) service posters on them and more R46s on the (F) as well. It is already November (i.e. start of the Fall pick) and no one single car transfer has been made. Such a large swap would take a long time anyway (it took 5 years for Corona and Westchester to swap all their cars) and should have started already if Jamaica has to be all R160s before the Canarsie shutdown. As I said before, if that was the ultimate goal, someone please explain why Jamaica has been sending R160s to Coney Island numerous times over the past 7 years? Also, none of the other junk anyone says has been confirmed either.

You've been dying to write that, haven't you?

1 hour ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

First off, the (B) doesn'tuse Montague nor does it need to. You see, there's a set of tracks between Atlantic Avenue and DeKalb Avenue on Brighton that prevent (B) and (Q) trains from using Montague entirely. Don't believe me, check the track map. Also, 32's and 42's can simply use the Broadway Express tracks

I do not know what you mean by Brighton trains being unable to use the Montague tracks. How does the (Q) go there when the bridge is closed for repairs? Also how do you explain this? Taken when a northbound (Q) had its emergency brakes activated at DeKalb, thus the (B) behind it was sent down via Montague to avoid congestion.

51 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

You've been dying to write that, haven't you?

Yes!

Second, someone here has already said that the Jamaica Coney Island swap has been confirmed by (MTA)!! QBL CBTC will eventually happen, so it'll make sense for the fleet to be present beforehand (R160's in this case). Do we know when it will start? no. Do we know that a Jamaica Coney Island R160 fleet swap will eventually happen? Yes! Thus, you can not assume that it'll never happen.

I didn't say the swap will never happen. I just said it will not happen as fast as everyone claims and that does not necessarily mean R46s will go to Coney Island because the R211s may be in service before then.

You keep making such arguments on what is just speculation, come back when you have evidence and statistics. 

That applies to everyone else who keeps saying stuff about future car assignments like DJHammers and R32 3838. They never provide any evidence on their claims (like R46s going to the (B)(N)(W), R68/68As to the (Q), five-car R179s to the (A), R32s and R160As to the (G), or R42s staying past 2020; none of which have been confirmed), so say that to them before you say that to me. A couple of things I am right about: Jamaica having less R160s then it did in 2010, having sent some to Coney Island in 2011 for the (G) transfer, then the (W) restoration in 2016, and last year's transit crisis; no other car type besides R160s can run on the (Q) at the moment due to lack of sufficient rollsigns or programs; and R46s being pulled off Brighton twice due to residential complaints.

Edited by FlushingExpress

All this speculation is a waste of time man, I use to get in heated debates about future car assignments on forums and looking back, that shit was stupid as F***. Just enjoy the current car assignments as they are and before you know it, the swaps to get cars in place for the (L) shutdown will begin to take place. 

20 minutes ago, FlushingExpress said:

I do not know what you mean by Brighton trains being unable to use the Montague tracks. How does the (Q) go there when the bridge is closed for repairs? Also how do you explain this? Taken when a northbound (Q) had its emergency brakes activated at DeKalb, thus the (B) behind it was sent down via Montague to avoid congestion.

Yes!

I didn't say the swap will never happen. I just said it will not happen as fast as everyone claims and that does not necessarily mean R46s will go to Coney Island because the R211s may be in service before then.

That applies to everyone else who keeps saying stuff about future car assignments like DJHammers and R32 3838. They never provide any evidence on their claims (like R46s going to the (B)(N)(W), R68/68As to the (Q), five-car R179s to the (A), R32s and R160As to the (G), or R42s staying past 2020; none of which have been confirmed), so say that to them before you say that to me. A couple of things I am right about: Jamaica having less R160s then it did in 2010, having sent some to Coney Island in 2011 for the (G) transfer, then the (W) restoration in 2016, and last year's transit crisis; no other car type besides R160s can run on the (Q) at the moment due to lack of sufficient rollsigns or programs; and R46s being pulled off Brighton twice due to residential complaints.

I wanna see/read these “complaints” it’s New York City, its loud or noisy anywhere you are. The R160’s are HEAVIER than R46’s so what vibrations are you talking about. Neither of us are architects or landscape experts so stop with all the hearsay please; unless you or anyone can furnish tangible receipts that prove otherwise. All I’m reading is back and fourth speculation and false theories/reasoning behind car assignments and availability. Chill out. Some facts have been stated in previous threads NUMEROUS times. If you have a genuine concern, use google or privately message a member. Y’all gotta stop competing with each other or bringing each other down. Word of advice: What you feel/think is wrong may be right in someone’s mind; and vice versa. Carry on kiddos. 

Edited by VIP

22 minutes ago, FlushingExpress said:

no other car type besides R160s can run on the (Q) at the moment due to lack of sufficient rollsigns or programs; and R46s being pulled off Brighton twice due to residential complaints.

There is an R68/A set on the (Q) every PM rush hour and there is an R46 on the (Q) on Brighton every weekday morning, and you have been told this at least ten times already.

28 minutes ago, FlushingExpress said:

Pretty hypo-critical to state regular people like @R32 3838 and @Dj Hammers deserve to get the boot for anything wrong they say, since they speculated as humans normally do. And then you proceed to paint over the original point you tried to make by telling everyone else you're superior since you managed to speculate and guess it right whenever you could (also, with pure speculation and little evidence). I don't understand why you're trying to downplay everyone else's freedoms like this. It's just the internet and whether or not you delve into speculating things further. Time will tell in the end what happens so complaining over something like this is somewhat silly...

TLDR: There usually isn't a reward for guessing right in the end, but if you find interest in it, take everything with a grain of salt :) , especially on these forums.

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

4 hours ago, FlushingExpress said:

We already know R32s and R42s CANNOT run on the (B) because they cannot fit through the Montague Street Tunnel. If god forbid something blocks the northbound DeKalb Avenue bridge track for several hours like a 12-9, power outage or track fire and there is already an R32/R42 (B) in the tunnel under Flatbush, the only way it can proceed without disrupting other trains is via Montague. 

Since (W) trains now turn at Whitehall Street, (B) and (D) trains are no longer sent via Montague under any circumstance, thus this is a non issue.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Since (W) trains now turn at Whitehall Street, (B) and (D) trains are no longer sent via Montague under any circumstance, thus this is a non issue.

They can be rerouted if the Manhattan Bridge Northbound track is blocked @ DeKalb Av (especially the (B))

I laugh everytime i see this debate...Let's just say the mta makes the decision to have r32 pop up on the B...which in my opinion i don't think they would..what is this big odd that they will send it threw the tunnel instead of the bridge on both sides if something happens just south of dekalb...(i mean this 1 set which it should be anyway cause the next B should be as far as prospect park to turn there)... can be turned at Jay st...what it will delay southbound R service...lol...the delays we all been dealing with lately wouldn't be half the surprise...ppl needing 6av can use the F and upper Manhattan A C...

2 hours ago, FlushingExpress said:

Why don't you hush up with your unsupported nonsense? Those two individuals have well-supported info. The only reason why they can't really say a lot about it is because it's not public and could be confidential. The only thing you do, on the other hand, is repeat your same ramblings over and over again without any evidence. There are many pictures and documents out there to prove you wrong. 

All I've gotta say is that your pointless endeavors/speculations are quite frankly, a waste of your time. You're not accomplishing anything by doing this. Why go out of your way to act like you're superior to us when you can just log off and go about your day? 

P.S. We're getting real close to the car assignments for Canarsie, and we shall soon see which one of our predictions comes true...

You know, these threads used to be really annoying to me. Now, I find them quite amusing simply because everyone gets up in arms on being perceived as wrong about where they think the trains will go. You'd think it wouldn't be such a big deal, especially since none of the cars are actually leaving service. We'll all still be able to see our favorite cars (or least favorite - looking at you 32s) still on the rails for the foreseeable future, just not where they currently reside.

With that said, we do have an idea of which lines will receive which trains, simply by order of necessity. As mentioned, Queens Blvd is slated to receive CBTC signaling in the next few years, requiring all services on that line using NTTs, which means the 46s from the (F) and (R) have to go elsewhere in return for more 160s. There are few options where such a swap can occur without rearranging the entire system or creating an operational crisis. Immediately following Queens Blvd CBTC installation, we'll see the implantation of such signaling on the lower half of 8th Avenue, probably towards the latter half of the 2020s if we're being generous. While that won't push too much of the older fleet around as the incoming 211 order will eventually replace everything older than the 68s, it's almost guaranteed that the (G) (N)(Q) and (W) will definitely be the mainstays of the older fleet in the coming years, with such prospects remaining a strong possibility for the (B) and (D) depending on how likely Transit feels either line will be rerouted to the 8th Avenue mainline.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:47 PM, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Alright, I see that you need to do some railfanning. 

First off, the (B) doesn'tuse Montague nor does it need to. You see, there's a set of tracks between Atlantic Avenue and DeKalb Avenue on Brighton that prevent (B) and (Q) trains from using Montague entirely. Don't believe me, check the track map. Also, 32's and 42's can simply use the Broadway Express tracks

Second, someone here has already said that the Jamaica Coney Island swap has been confirmed by (MTA)!! QBL CBTC will eventually happen, so it'll make sense for the fleet to be present beforehand (R160's in this case). Do we know when it will start? no. Do we know that a Jamaica Coney Island R160 fleet swap will eventually happen? Yes! Thus, you can not assume that it'll never happen.

Third, if R46's can not run on the Northbound local track cause of community complaints, then how come it has before (and recently too)? Also, where's your evidence to back this up? I see you need to do some railfanning. 

You keep making such arguments on what is just speculation, come back when you have evidence and statistics. 

Mans shut him down.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:43 AM, Lance said:

You know, these threads used to be really annoying to me. Now, I find them quite amusing simply because everyone gets up in arms on being perceived as wrong about where they think the trains will go. You'd think it wouldn't be such a big deal, especially since none of the cars are actually leaving service. We'll all still be able to see our favorite cars (or least favorite - looking at you 32s) still on the rails for the foreseeable future, just not where they currently reside.

With that said, we do have an idea of which lines will receive which trains, simply by order of necessity. As mentioned, Queens Blvd is slated to receive CBTC signaling in the next few years, requiring all services on that line using NTTs, which means the 46s from the (F) and (R) have to go elsewhere in return for more 160s. There are few options where such a swap can occur without rearranging the entire system or creating an operational crisis. Immediately following Queens Blvd CBTC installation, we'll see the implantation of such signaling on the lower half of 8th Avenue, probably towards the latter half of the 2020s if we're being generous. While that won't push too much of the older fleet around as the incoming 211 order will eventually replace everything older than the 68s, it's almost guaranteed that the (G) (N)(Q) and (W) will definitely be the mainstays of the older fleet in the coming years, with such prospects remaining a strong possibility for the (B) and (D) depending on how likely Transit feels either line will be rerouted to the 8th Avenue mainline.

Why would the (J) need NTTs after the Canarsie shutdown? Service levels on the Jamaica El should return to the current service once the 14th St tube reopens. Does it have to do with the removal of signals on the curve going into/coming out of Marcy from/to the bridge? Or the removal of signals on the Willy B itself?

7 minutes ago, Spypenguin said:

Why would the (J) need NTTs after the Canarsie shutdown? Service levels on the Jamaica El should return to the current service once the 14th St tube reopens. Does it have to do with the removal of signals on the curve going into/coming out of Marcy from/to the bridge? Or the removal of signals on the Willy B itself?

After Canarsie (and when the R211s arrive), the R32s and R42s will be retired leaving the Eastern Division with only R143/160/179s.

• 1 month later...

On 11/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, VIP said:

The R32’s aren’t making their way to CI. If that were to happen, what are 207th Street getting in return? And what’s this annoying rumor that R46’s are getting sent to CI in exchange for more R160’s for Jamaica?? That’s not happening for another 3-5 years. The (L) shutdown doesn’t mean Swap all cars from yard to yard to appease anyone’s eyes. The shutdown called for more service and longer (G) trains. The only valid rumor is the 4 car configured R160s heading over to Coney Island and that assignment may be permanent because of the botched 8-car R179 order. 

That is a WHOLE LIE. The R32s ran on the (N) for quite some time. Plus, if 207 was to get in return, it would be nothing. 207 has many cars for the (A) many R46s and R32s. If anything, they can use a few R160s. The (L) has nothing to do with yard swaps for its own shutdown. Jamaica with HAVE to get more 160s because of CBTC which brings me to my own topic, the R46 and R32s going to the (B) .

4 hours ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

That is a WHOLE LIE. The R32s ran on the (N) for quite some time. Plus, if 207 was to get in return, it would be nothing. 207 has many cars for the (A) many R46s and R32s. If anything, they can use a few R160s. The (L) has nothing to do with yard swaps for its own shutdown. Jamaica with HAVE to get more 160s because of CBTC which brings me to my own topic, the R46 and R32s going to the (B) .

The R32's aren't going to the (B), the R42's are

On 1/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, Interested Rider said:

This again!

Nothing will change on the B. The B will remain as is with the equipment it presently has now.

The only change will be the R46's, Jamaica is going to be all R160's, so by default the (B) would be the main line to get the R46's. The R42's are rumored to be on the (B) as well.

50 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

The only change will be the R46's, Jamaica is going to be all R160's, so by default the (B) would be the main line to get the R46's. The R42's are rumored to be on the (B) as well.

And where would all those 68s go??

33 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

The R42s have to go somewhere. Do you honestly expect them to be sent to 207th Street Yard? If so, provide me with a solid reason as to why they didn't leave East New York Yard with the R32s. With the (J)/(Z) fleet going full NTT, they need to be used elsewhere in the system. As far as I know, the R42s WILL be around until work on the 14th Street Tunnels is complete. They WILL NOT be scrapped before the shutdown is complete. That is NOT an opinion, it's a fact that is absolutely certain. If they were destined to be on the (A)/(C), they would've been at 207th Street Yard with the R32s already. There are a handful of reputable members on here who have already confirmed that the R42s will be assigned to the (B). I'll leave it up to you to find out who they are. Hint: They are the distinguished members here and you yourself know who they are for sure. Think for a moment. Where would they logically end up? The (G)? Impossible. It's not operationally possible to run 8-car R42 sets on the IND Crosstown Line because none of the conductor boards will line up at any of the stations due to how the R42's cabs are configured. So, you're sticking with calling it a "rumor?"

46 minutes ago, Deucey said:

And where would all those 68s go??

Most likely the (Q)

26 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

The R42s have to go somewhere. Do you honestly expect them to be sent to 207th Street Yard? If so, provide me with a solid reason as to why they didn't leave East New York Yard with the R32s. With the (J)/(Z) fleet going full NTT, they need to be used elsewhere in the system. As far as I know, the R42s WILL be around until work on the 14th Street Tunnels is complete. They WILL NOT be scrapped before the shutdown is complete. That is NOT an opinion, it's a fact that is absolutely certain. If they were destined to be on the (A)/(C), they would've been at 207th Street Yard with the R32s already. There are a handful of reputable members on here who have already confirmed that the R42s will be assigned to the (B). I'll leave it up to you to find out who they are. Hint: They are the distinguished members here and you yourself know who they are for sure. Think for a moment. Where would they logically end up? The (G)? Impossible. It's not operationally possible to run 8-car R42 sets on the IND Crosstown Line because none of the conductor boards will line up at any of the stations due to how the R42's cabs are configured. So, you're sticking with calling it a "rumor?"

Until it actually happens, it's a rumor. Remember when the (G) was confirmed to get R179s instead of the (C) and then it got switched back?