Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
BreeddekalbL

Joe Lhota OUT as chairman

I'm guessing he got totally fed up with dealing with all the bureaucracy, especially when he had so many other  jobs to deal with.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I'm guessing he got totally fed up with dealing with all the bureaucracy, especially when he had so many other  jobs to deal with.  

That's the way I read it too. This was a part-time gig for him no matter what railfans thought.

3 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

That's the way I read it too. This was a part-time gig for him no matter what railfans thought.

Huh. My read was that the ethics side of things were beginning to catch up with him, and that Cuomo wanted to do some house cleaning post-election. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, RR503 said:

Huh. My read was that the ethics side of things were beginning to catch up with him, and that Cuomo wanted to do some house cleaning post-election. 

Indeed the pressure is mounting all the reports and realization of economic tie-in's and consequences. Note Amazon's push in LIC this week and then Questions about the system Immediately after. Strange timing for a Lhota exit plus the election I'm sure.  There's a lot of money on the table and in limbo for the region. The MTA is going to forced to do something or New York's wealth drain is going to commence. 

Edited by RailRunRob
  • Upvote 3