How long does it take to have your name reinstated to a civil service exam list

bababose

5 hours ago, bababose said:

How long does it take to have your name reinstated to a civil service exam list.

From DCAS's perspective, two weeks. You'll know for sure once you receive something in the mail from them.

However, the real answer depends on when the specific agency, in this case NYC Transit, needs more candidates. As an example, if you click here, followed by typing in "04600" in the search box on the top right, followed by putting the list numbers, which is the second column from the left in descending order, you'll see that for the person who has a list number of 8,221 for that exam, his information was obtained by NYC Transit from DCAS in August of 2017, followed by October & November of 2018. Therefore, if this person re-requested his/her name to the list after these specific dates, he/she would have to wait until NYC Transit obtains the next 'batch' of candidates from DCAS.

Similarly, if you were to type in "07612" in the same search box, NYC Transit obtained the first 'batch' of candidates from DCAS for this exam back in October, followed by November. Therefore, if anybody re-requested their name to the list after November 7th, they would also have to wait until NYC Transit obtains the next 'batch' of candidates from DCAS.

Got it?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, bababose said:

Thank you young.they restore my name last week.They already call everybody from that list.i dont know what to do.should i wait or call somebody.thanks

What specific list are we talking about?

On 11/25/2018 at 6:10 PM, +Young+ said:

You can try to call Ms. Rivera in person and take it from there. You should be able to get a "direct" answer from her compared to the folks at the "general" HR desk.

hi,i call her and email her no reply.i don't know what i have to do now.i am keep calling everyday no answer.

Archived