Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Deucey

FDNY Engine and MTA Bus collide in the Bronx

From the video, it looks like the fire truck could have swung out further into the next lane and perhaps avoided this. But hard to tell exactly from the video

31 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

From the video, it looks like the fire truck could have swung out further into the next lane and perhaps avoided this. But hard to tell exactly from the video

According to eye witness reports, the bus was following all traffic laws. Seems like the firetruck was at fault.

What's telling to me is that white van heading in the opposite direction of the bus.... That van, to me, is what I believe the fire truck driver was (solely focused in) trying to beat out by making that sharp left turn like that.... Seriously seems like there was a failure to consider traffic in the direction the bus was heading....

FFS, I hope the MTA doesn't pin this accident on the b/o.....

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

What's telling to me is that white van heading in the opposite direction of the bus.... That van, to me, is what I believe the fire truck driver was (solely focused in) trying to beat out by making that sharp left turn like that.... Seriously seems like there was a failure to consider traffic in the direction the bus was heading....

FFS, I hope the MTA doesn't pin this accident on the b/o.....

I really don't think so.  The bus driver had the green light. 

Well, if the fire truck had lights and sirens, all other vehicles should have been stopped. Can't tell from the silent video, of course 

15 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Well, if the fire truck had lights and sirens, all other vehicles should have been stopped. Can't tell from the silent video, of course 

The lights were flickering & glaring (that was the first thing I looked for).... We just can't tell if the sirens & horns were going off.

If the latter isn't the case, there's no way that b/o could've known an emergency vehicle was approaching that intersection....

15 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Could have been a lot worse.

Exact same thing I said upon seeing the clip yesterday.

21 hours ago, Abigail684 said:

I really don't think so.  The bus driver had the green light. 

I know.... But as much as it sucks, the MTA has a knack for pinning any accident on its front line employees...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

The lights were flickering & glaring (that was the first thing I looked for).... We just can't tell if the sirens & horns were going off.

If the latter isn't the case, there's no way that b/o could've known an emergency vehicle was approaching that intersection....

Exact same thing I said upon seeing the clip yesterday.

I know.... But as much as it sucks, the MTA has a knack for pinning any accident on its front line employees...

That is so true.