Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Jcb

CBTC - General Discussion

21 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Can't the extra southbound (E) be rerouted over to Hillside and 179th if capacity at Parsons/Archer is at it's peak? 

They already do that during the evening rush hour.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, RR503 said:

A quick methodological note from my earlier sheet: the square footage data was not lifted from NYMTC; their stats are unreliable. I instead subtracted 3' from all car lengths to account for couplers, anti-climbers, end doors, etc, and set the widths to 8.5' for IRT and 9.9' for B div. I am well aware this fails to account for cabs, seats, etc, but without knowledge of car assignments, those stats are impossible to know. Here's the sheet on which I did those calcs; do point out any errors you see. 

UF30U9p.png

Isn't he the guy who did this?

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/moving-block-signals-finally-go-ahead-on-jubilee-line/796921.article

Am I reading this correctly how many trains via 14th street tubes 19 TPH with CTBC? 

Hey @Union Tpke, I found something interesting while looking through the (MTA)'s website, and I found something relating to CBTC Installation for the Culver Line on the (F)

http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/allframenew_head.html?PROJNUM=t7080332&PLTYPE=1

New York City Transit

Project: T7080332

Description: Install Communication-Based Train Control (CBTC) from Church Avenue to West 8 Street on the Culver Line

Category: Signals & Communications

Element: Signals & Communications

xxxxxxxxxx

This project will install Communications-Based Train Control ( CBTC) signal equipment on the Culver Line in the borough of Brooklyn from Church Avenue to West 8 Street. 

Apparently, it also has this info right here which I couldn't copy and paste: 

Design Start - April 2016

Design End - November 2018

Construction Start - December 2018

Construction End - January 2022

Percent Complete - 0%

6 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Hey @Union Tpke, I found something interesting while looking through the (MTA)'s website, and I found something relating to CBTC Installation for the Culver Line on the (F)

http://web.mta.info/capitaldashboard/allframenew_head.html?PROJNUM=t7080332&PLTYPE=1

Apparently, it also has this info right here which I couldn't copy and paste: 

Design Start - April 2016

Design End - November 2018

Construction Start - December 2018

Construction End - January 2022

Percent Complete - 0%

Thanks, but I am already aware.