Those stickers at Franklin Street

Deucey

29 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Shouldn't it be spelled 'R. E. S. P. E. C. T.' like in the song lol?

:lol: R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find it out what it means to me ahhhhhhh!!! This is taking me back to when I was a kid.  Family members playing those damn oldies like they're back in the 60 and 70s. lol

12 hours ago, Deucey said:

What's all this about?

97135-D71-3281-43-F9-B687-9701-BC0054-AA

You of all people don't know??? :lol: Even I know that and I don't listen to that genre like that. Was on the news a while ago... 

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Frankly I'm surprised that they stayed up this long

I'm surprised they have the (MTA) NYCT logo on them. Seemed like they were official, but then I and many other Californians didn't notice this freeway sign wasn't official. http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2015/02/11/guerrilla_public_service_on_99_invisible_richard_ankrom_replaced_a_los_angeles.html

So I might be a bit dense.

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

I'm surprised they have the (MTA) NYCT logo on them. Seemed like they were official, but then I and many other Californians didn't notice this freeway sign wasn't official. http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2015/02/11/guerrilla_public_service_on_99_invisible_richard_ankrom_replaced_a_los_angeles.html

So I might be a bit dense.

Yeah, these are official. People made a big deal of the MTA removing Prince memorials from Prince Street (where people had made up stickers that said RIP in the tile font and matched the background and slapped purple (P) bullets at street level) so they made these stickers as a gesture when Aretha Franklin passed away.

Cgl7bJeXEAAIAMR.jpg

princestreetprince01-768x512.jpg

Archived