Metro North testing

Thinklikeamango

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CrazyD said:

No I did not. I was also in the back on the left side. Background check still going theough I guess.

Yeah my background check is completed. I think they aren't going to hire anyone until after the holidays. I wonder how many they want to hire for the position, not that many people took the test.

Just now, Thinklikeamango said:

Yeah my background check is completed. I think they aren't going to hire anyone until after the holidays. I wonder how many they want to hire for the position, not that many people took the test.

there was 18 of us all together. I didnt have any notifications so im assuming my background check is done as well. Via another thread take a look there. There may be a hiring freeze. I also have testing for another position as well. After hearing that there may be a freeze, i'm definitely going to keep trying until my foot is finally in the door. 

13 minutes ago, CrazyD said:

there was 18 of us all together. I didnt have any notifications so im assuming my background check is done as well. Via another thread take a look there. There may be a hiring freeze. I also have testing for another position as well. After hearing that there may be a freeze, i'm definitely going to keep trying until my foot is finally in the door. 

Hope they start calling soon. Would love to get in.

8 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Hope they start calling soon. Would love to get in.

Patience, it's all we need. I have experience with big places like this and their hiring process and it does take time. I wish you good luck as well. I spoke to one guy in there who was pretty loud saying his buddy was a cleaner in poughkeepsie, his advice to him was study a lysol can but I feel like you didn't even need to do that lol. Sounded like a good job the way he described it. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyD said:

Patience, it's all we need. I have experience with big places like this and their hiring process and it does take time. I wish you good luck as well. I spoke to one guy in there who was pretty loud saying his buddy was a cleaner in poughkeepsie, his advice to him was study a lysol can but I feel like you didn't even need to do that lol. Sounded like a good job the way he described it. 

Yeah definitely not lmao, maybe we'll end up working together, I'll keep posting here if I hear something.

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Yeah definitely not lmao, maybe we'll end up working together, I'll keep posting here if I hear something.

Definitely possible, same here. I'll keep everyone posted, I've been on these forums on and off for awhile now. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Nice hopefully I get an email, good luck hope you get the job.

Thanks you 2. I don't think the hiring freeze applies to us in that case. I think it applies NOW, have you seen the careers site lately? Barely anything except for professional college degree jobs. 

Just now, FrankRizzo said:

Good luck on your interview @CrazyD let us know how it goes. I interviewed for custodian a while back. Hopefully I hear back. 

Thank you frank. I hope you get a call for the test and physical really soon. It's a long road getting into a big place like the MTA. Keep your head high, work hard, and hope for the best. We all made it this far, let's go further.