Metro North testing

Thinklikeamango

7 hours ago, CrazyD said:

Thank you frank. I hope you get a call for the test and physical really soon. It's a long road getting into a big place like the MTA. Keep your head high, work hard, and hope for the best. We all made it this far, let's go further. 

Tell us how it goes and what kind of questions they ask.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FrankRizzo said:

Crazy D, pleaseee see if you can find out any info on the hiring freeze while you are there!

I won't press too hard, but i'm sure it will come up in topic without me having to ask if it's lifted or not. If they ask if I have any questions at the end i'll ask them. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyD said:

I won't press too hard, but i'm sure it will come up in topic without me having to ask if it's lifted or not. If they ask if I have any questions at the end i'll ask them. 

Yeah they might bring it up but then again I dont know. Everything seems to be hush hush with them. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

How did you think it went?

I think it went well tbh with you. I was a little anxious being this will be the best career I've ever had if I get it, they could see it but also confident. Also, did you get an email yet? 

59 minutes ago, CrazyD said:

I think it went well tbh with you. I was a little anxious being this will be the best career I've ever had if I get it, they could see it but also confident. Also, did you get an email yet? 

Not yet, hope I get one sooner or later. Hopefully they call you back for the medical and stuff.

26 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Not yet, hope I get one sooner or later. Hopefully they call you back for the medical and stuff.

Ik i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I believe you will get called man. When is the question keep an eye on the e-mail brother. 

6 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

What questions did they ask you ? Regular questions?

Honestly, I was a little overwhelmed. I won't disclose the main point's for my own possible job security. It was very in depth, like I said before they don't want just anybody. The interview will make you realize the kind of job you signed up for and how serious the MTA actually is, more than one would expect even for a cleaner. Like I said, they want the best of the best it seems and certain correct response's. Put it this way it's not your average factory, trades, union, or tech firm interview. It was the most professional interview I have ever sat in. On a side note having any of those other one's listed in your past for an interview will help as they asked a few similar questions.  They also send you an interview preparation attachment with the interview confirmation e-mail, which definitely helps but still is a challenge when you finally get there. I'm not saying this to intimidate anybody, but it's just my opinion based on my own experience. Good luck again. 

2 hours ago, CrazyD said:

Honestly, I was a little overwhelmed. I won't disclose the main point's for my own possible job security. It was very in depth, like I said before they don't want just anybody. The interview will make you realize the kind of job you signed up for and how serious the MTA actually is, more than one would expect even for a cleaner. Like I said, they want the best of the best it seems and certain correct response's. Put it this way it's not your average factory, trades, union, or tech firm interview. It was the most professional interview I have ever sat in. On a side note having any of those other one's listed in your past for an interview will help as they asked a few similar questions.  They also send you an interview preparation attachment with the interview confirmation e-mail, which definitely helps but still is a challenge when you finally get there. I'm not saying this to intimidate anybody, but it's just my opinion based on my own experience. Good luck again. 

I finally got an email today and have my interview scheduled. Let's see what happens, I hope we get in.

9 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

I finally got an email today and have my interview scheduled. Let's see what happens, I hope we get in.

When is it? I wonder if everyone who tested and passed will be hired. I'm sure we are the last class before they hire more. I haven't seen this job open up at all. Let's be grateful if we both get it. I already am grateful for how far I have made it already. Glad to hear you got your e-mail. We might be hired at the same time if we are both hired. 

45 minutes ago, CrazyD said:

When is it? I wonder if everyone who tested and passed will be hired. I'm sure we are the last class before they hire more. I haven't seen this job open up at all. Let's be grateful if we both get it. I already am grateful for how far I have made it already. Glad to hear you got your e-mail. We might be hired at the same time if we are both hired. 

They scheduled it almost 2 weeks away. I'm happy I got this far let's see what happens next.

Edited by Thinklikeamango

6 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

They scheduled it almost 2 weeks away. I'm happy I got this far let's see what happens next.

Good luck. They did the same time frame for me. I don't think anyone will be called in for the medical until all interviews for those who made it are conducted and over with. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

I still got like another week or so, I wish they would have scheduled it sooner. Did they contact anyone yet or are they waiting for spring to start hiring?

I think you might be the last interview. After that then the medical I believe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took a track worker exam on 3/8/19 for metro north they said results were 2-4 weeks away. I got a email saying I passed and to fill out the background information 2 business days later. 

Im guessing they are off a freeze? I heard track workers go in april. 

14 hours ago, Gacerra1 said:

Took a track worker exam on 3/8/19 for metro north they said results were 2-4 weeks away. I got a email saying I passed and to fill out the background information 2 business days later. 

Im guessing they are off a freeze? I heard track workers go in april. 

If you applied prior to november of last year or december AKA us, I believe we are safe from the freeze since they needed to hire us in the first place. If you noticed, the careers site has been prety dry. I think april and may are the next classes of people regardless of the craft. I also read september for some as well. Btw congrats on passing the test. Next step is your BG check, then interview. You might need another hands on test before the interview since it is a more skilled position. I had a hands on test after my written one for carman. 

1 hour ago, CrazyD said:

If you applied prior to november of last year or december AKA us, I believe we are safe from the freeze since they needed to hire us in the first place. If you noticed, the careers site has been prety dry. I think april and may are the next classes of people regardless of the craft. I also read september for some as well. Btw congrats on passing the test. Next step is your BG check, then interview. You might need another hands on test before the interview since it is a more skilled position. I had a hands on test after my written one for carman. 

Im currently doing the background check and submitting tax documents etx... i applied in april of 2018. I was told the next step is a formal interview, physical ability, medical, drug test. 

Didnt hear anything about any more testing other than the 90 day probation period.