IND 23rd St 6th Av Exclusive

FamousNYLover

I passed through the station, and the platform looks like sh*t. Its got all this white stuff on the ground, like splattered paint or concrete that was sloppily poured. The "improvements" look like they all could have been done in a week. I don't understand what they were doing all this time. I suspect lots of standing around and wasting time. 

29 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I passed through the station, and the platform looks like sh*t. Its got all this white stuff on the ground, like splattered paint or concrete that was sloppily poured. The "improvements" look like they all could have been done in a week. I don't understand what they were doing all this time. I suspect lots of standing around and wasting time. 

Yeah...  It’s construction dust. I’ve been through enough walkthroughs on-site to know, and they don’t wash that stuff down. Talk about lazy... Took the (A) train tonight, and passing by 72nd street they still have guys working on what was supposed to be a “completed station”. 

8 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Last I heard, they sealed up some spots where rain would just pour right into the station when it storms.

If that's the case. I welcome that wholeheartedly.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Yeah...  It’s construction dust. I’ve been through enough walkthroughs on-site to know, and they don’t wash that stuff down. Talk about lazy... Took the (A) train tonight, and passing by 72nd street they still have guys working on what was supposed to be a “completed station”. 

That station was rushed to be open because those residents were becoming impatient with the work.

9 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Last I heard, they sealed up some spots where rain would just pour right into the station when it storms.

That station was rushed to be open because those residents were becoming impatient with the work.

Crazy... That looks to be the case in spots too.

17 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I doubt that is what I'm referring to, because it is like a light powder across the whole platform. I believe VG8 is correct in saying it is construction dust that was improperly cleaned. 

1 minute ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I doubt that is what I'm referring to, because it is like a light powder across the whole platform. I believe VG8 is correct in saying it is construction dust that was improperly cleaned. 

I should've bolded the part of the post I was referring to, my bad. I meant to bold the part of the post where you said that the improvements could've been done in a week.

Posting on mobile sucks sometimes lol.

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

I should've bolded the part of the post I was referring to, my bad. I meant to bold the part of the post where you said that the improvements could've been done in a week.

Posting on mobile sucks sometimes lol.

Haha, gotcha! Even if they sealed up those spots, I'd say it should have taken three weeks tops ;)

There's a reason MTA construction costs are the largest in the world. Weatherproofing shouldn't be that intensive of a task. Putting grates over underground stations without diverting the flow of their contents was a bad design choice from the start.

I'm just glad they're including elevators in some of the (L) stations they plan to shut down.

Archived