Andy Byford to Visit Bay Ridge

Via Garibaldi 8

The Express Bus Advocacy Group has just learned that Mr. Byford will be visiting Bay Ridge in January. A date and time is TBD, but we plan to be there to demand improved X27, X28, X37 and X38 service, including a shake up in management if need be. The ongoing issues plaguing express bus service out of that depot remain an ongoing daily problem and it must be fixed.  More to come...

I have to say, I've been very impressed with Mr. Byford's communication skills. Some of my co-workers have been emailing him directly with complaints (apparently his email is public knowledge, and he appears to personally answer from his Iphone), and they get actual responses. I don't know if it leads to any changes, but it does bolster his customer-centric message. 

Just now, QM1to6Ave said:

I have to say, I've been very impressed with Mr. Byford's communication skills. Some of my co-workers have been emailing him directly with complaints (apparently his email is public knowledge, and he appears to personally answer from his Iphone), and they get actual responses. I don't know if it leads to any changes, but it does bolster his customer-centric message. 

Well our system is at a crisis point. There was an article that I posted in my group about how companies are starting to either leave or not choose NYC because it takes too damn long to get anywhere and companies face lost productivity when their workers are constantly late.  Given how expensive it is to live here and do business here you would think we’d have reliable transportation.

14 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Well our system is at a crisis point. There was an article that I posted in my group about how companies are starting to either leave or not choose NYC because it takes too damn long to get anywhere and companies face lost productivity when their workers are constantly late.  Given how expensive it is to live here and do business here you would think we’d have reliable transportation.

While I’m in agreement with certain factors. However, you got amazon and google breaking the bank 🏦. Both companies need to help out on transportation projects. 

Also. It’s up to the elected officials. NY, NJ, CT all have democratic assemblies in the upcoming year and there needs to be heavy legislation plus improvements in Transportation. 

1 minute ago, Future ENY OP said:

While I’m in agreement with certain factors. However, you got amazon and google breaking the bank 🏦. Both companies need to help out on transportation projects. 

Also. It’s up to the elected officials. NY, NJ, CT all have democratic assemblies in the upcoming year and there needs to be heavy legislation plus improvements in Transportation. 

There's a difference between Amazon and Google.  Both have more money than they know what to do with it, but Google did not receive all sorts of tax breaks and sweetheart deals to come here and provide six figure paying jobs.  I do agree that especially with Amazon, there should've been a stipulation in place mandating improvements to our transportation infrastructure.  Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, everything seems to be pointing to congestion pricing being passed in some form to fund the (MTA) and likely some sort of legislation legalizing recreational marijuana. 

On 12/18/2018 at 1:49 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

There's a difference between Amazon and Google.  Both have more money than they know what to do with it, but Google did not receive all sorts of tax breaks and sweetheart deals to come here and provide six figure paying jobs.  I do agree that especially with Amazon, there should've been a stipulation in place mandating improvements to our transportation infrastructure.  Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, everything seems to be pointing to congestion pricing being passed in some form to fund the (MTA) and likely some sort of legislation legalizing recreational marijuana. 

On top of that, Google was already here in NYC....they're just expanding.

To me, one thing that management should do from time to time, and I mean board members and higher-ups in NYC Transit and Bus Company, is go undercover and actually ride the routes to get an idea of what is going right and going wrong, without letting others know that they're doing so, but preferably doubled up for safety. Then a meeting can be held after that with experience garnered.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:49 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Google initially came in as a tenant for its regional operations, but has since become the landlord at two major places (the former Port Authority building and Chelsea Market). But that said, JetBlue did get some tax breaks to keep its headquarters in NYC (it was considering Orlando, where its major line maintenance is).

Archived