Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
rtm19m

Hiring Freeze In the Metro North

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, FrankRizzo said:

Glad I found this thread. I also applied for custodian. Passed the exam in September. Had my background done in October. Interviewed in November. 

Hope we all hear something back soon.

Same. However, I took my HVAC test last week. There were only about 20 of us. The proctors said you either get a pass or a fail. If you pass, you get an email from Sterling, I guess for background stuff. After, you get an interview and then a PAT physical or something like that. They stated the whole process could take up to a year, but they didn’t mention any hiring freezes, nor did anyone ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I went in for the medical on Friday (1/25/19) for the trackworker position they said the freeze is for all non essential jobs , thats also what the board meeting said, it’s on YouTube 

 it says it somewhere in the video I can’t remeber where though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s up everyone. I’m currently waiting to hear back from transit for transit electrical helper position for drug test. I took my safety proffiecy assessment in November and haven’t heard back yet. Usually it’s normal to hear back by now after taking that. I heard they cut the OT down till like April so I guess that’s the window when they will let up on this hiring freeze. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard MNRR was going to furlough some cams.  Not sure if that's true.  Here at the LI, it's an internal hiring freeze.  Still hiring A/C's and engineer trainees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after taking the physical abilities test and drug test ? I took mine for metro north on January 28th and haven't heard anything yet. It's been 2 weeks . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For which position? Trackworker? I took mines jan 25th and got an email feb 7th... so probably sooner than later 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stan14 said:

For which position? Trackworker? I took mines jan 25th and got an email feb 7th... so probably sooner than later 

Yeah, trackworker . Hopefully i hear soon . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Stan14 said:

The next email should be about a release of drug info, from your previous employer 

Ok thanks , Is that form 49 part 40 ? I already filled that out and mailed it in before my drug and abilities test. Along with the criminal background questionnaire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CFR form, they sent it to me late, I think it was supposed to be in the other peices of paperwork, it was like the only thing that had to be mailed within like 24 hrs. So yea now I’m just waiting too, but I hear class starts in April. So I would expect sometime before then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stan14 said:

The CFR form, they sent it to me late, I think it was supposed to be in the other peices of paperwork, it was like the only thing that had to be mailed within like 24 hrs. So yea now I’m just waiting too, but I hear class starts in April. So I would expect sometime before then 

Ok , thanks man . This hiring process is crazy . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 7:34 AM, JeffG said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after taking the physical abilities test and drug test ? I took mine for metro north on January 28th and haven't heard anything yet. It's been 2 weeks . 

Two weeks is only a minute or two in railroad time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 9:28 PM, Truckie said:

Two weeks is only a minute or two in railroad time.

I was told by a couple guys i know that work for MNRR there's a hiring freeze. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 10:32 AM, Stan14 said:

When I went in for the medical on Friday (1/25/19) for the trackworker position they said the freeze is for all non essential jobs , thats also what the board meeting said, it’s on YouTube 

 it says it somewhere in the video I can’t remeber where though 

When did you take the exam? I just took one on 3/8/19 and started the background process two business days later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.