Hiring Freeze In the Metro North

rtm19m

1 hour ago, FrankRizzo said:

Staten island interview and Metro north were both panel interviews. I thought the staten island one went great but I was wrong. The metro north one wasnt bad but it was before a big snow storm and was kinda rushed. I feel like I could of answered the questions better. 

Thats awesome man, good luck! What position is your physical ability test for?

Track

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

Well I just got an email from staten island railway and it looks like I didnt get the job. Very depressing. Hopefully I'll hear back from Metro North for the custodial position one of these days. 

in the meantime I guess I'll keep applying 😩

Sorry to hear that frank... It seems like what everyone is saying is true though. No news is good news. You got a denial right away and haven't had one for the custodian position. 

5 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

Nice! Did you have to take an exam? Let us know what the process is like.

Thanks

Applied, called year later, exam, background check tax returns etc, panel interview, criminal questionnaire, conditional offer, more paperwork. Physical abilities exam and drug test. 

50 minutes ago, roadster991 said:

I heard it was to effect only non union administrative jobs. 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, Gacerra1 said:

Track

How was your PAT? I am given 40 mins for my PAT, did you feel like you had to rush thru? Or was it at a nice calm speed? 

Lastly, was every task demonstrated to you first or was it just asked that you perform it? I know you did track worker, mine is for third railman MNRR

im slated to do mine next Thursday.

6 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

How was your PAT? I am given 40 mins for my PAT, did you feel like you had to rush thru? Or was it at a nice calm speed? 

Lastly, was every task demonstrated to you first or was it just asked that you perform it? I know you did track worker, mine is for third railman MNRR

im slated to do mine next Thursday.

Had 15, took me about 11. They definitely let you take your time, there was a video before we performed it. It was hot at track 100 of GCT. Make sure you hydrate, i was dripping. 

12 hours ago, Gacerra1 said:

Had 15, took me about 11. They definitely let you take your time, there was a video before we performed it. It was hot at track 100 of GCT. Make sure you hydrate, i was dripping. 

Thanks for the info.

My PAT is also scheduled at GCT.

17 minutes ago, Gacerra1 said:

No problem, if your medical is the same day as was mine expect to be there for 4-5 hours. 

Geez sounds intense.

i have 40 mins to complete my PAT, then my medical is immediately after the PAT.

What do the do for the Med that takes so long?

On 7/27/2019 at 11:19 AM, Gacerra1 said:

Hearing, vision, drug test, lung test, blood pressure, pulse.... then a sit down with a doctor and a exam to go over results etc

Have you received a second sterling background check email yet? 

What information are they asking for in this round of the background check?

46 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Have you received a second sterling background check email yet? 

What information are they asking for in this round of the background check?

The second background check was just a criminal questionnaire sheet that I had to fax within 48 hours along with my conditional offer. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 9:03 PM, Gacerra1 said:

Good luck! Whens the class going in? And whats the position/ starting pay just curious? 

Any word on starting date? I passed my medical and PAT. 

Also, do you know how long our exams are good for? My class is now tentatively in November, waiting on a start date and final offer. 

55 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Any word on starting date? I passed my medical and PAT. 

Also, do you know how long our exams are good for? My class is now tentatively in November, waiting on a start date and final offer. 

Shoot me a email gacerra1@verizon . Net