Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
rtm19m

Hiring Freeze In the Metro North

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Yeah exactly.

 

mind if I ask what position you’re going for?

Custodian as well. Me and thinklikeamango took the first written test together, and now we are both taking the PAT as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, CrazyD said:

Custodian as well. Me and thinklikeamango took the first written test together, and now we are both taking the PAT as well. 

When did you take the written test for custodian? Did you have to interview as well?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrankRizzo said:

When did you take the written test for custodian? Did you have to interview as well?

 

 

This was last november. Interview was earlier this year. We applied for a GCT custodian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

PAT and Medical was last week, haven't gotten another email yet. How long till you got your results?

 

Took a week and when I spoke to recruiter she said I was cleared but now waiting for a class to start,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this was posted, but the conductor position for MNRR reopened a few weeks ago, I'm guessing the freeze is over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 3:31 PM, Lawrence St said:

Not sure if this was posted, but the conductor position for MNRR reopened a few weeks ago, I'm guessing the freeze is over?

Yeah that is correct,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, Lawrence St said:

Not sure if this was posted, but the conductor position for MNRR reopened a few weeks ago, I'm guessing the freeze is over?

Not conductor position, assistant conductor.  Assistant conductor is the new entry level position.  Previously everyone went though a minimum of a year training and finished training as a conductor under federal regulations.  Now as an assistant conductor, you will have approximately two months of training, with little to no knowledge of operating rules or physical characteristics, then after a year as an assistant go into a longer promotion class to become a conductor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Truckie said:

Not conductor position, assistant conductor.  Assistant conductor is the new entry level position.  Previously everyone went though a minimum of a year training and finished training as a conductor under federal regulations.  Now as an assistant conductor, you will have approximately two months of training, with little to no knowledge of operating rules or physical characteristics, then after a year as an assistant go into a longer promotion class to become a conductor.

How long is the wait time till before I get called?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 7:14 AM, Thinklikeamango said:

PAT and Medical was last week, haven't gotten another email yet. How long till you got your results?

Have you heard anything? I took PAT and medical on 9/11/2019. I was told I passed both but still waiting to hear about toxicology. I was wondering if I should contact my recruiter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RailGuyCT said:

Have you heard anything? I took PAT and medical on 9/11/2019. I was told I passed both but still waiting to hear about toxicology. I was wondering if I should contact my recruiter 

What position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, Lawrence St said:

How long is the wait time till before I get called?

I'm not HR, so I have no idea.  Could be a week, month, six months.....  My recommendation is forget about that you applied, when and if you get called, worry about it then.  Every thing happens in railroad time, slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, Truckie said:

I'm not HR, so I have no idea.  Could be a week, month, six months.....  My recommendation is forget about that you applied, when and if you get called, worry about it then.  Every thing happens in railroad time, slow.

Any clue what it means if the keep posting for the position online?

 

I’ve completed my medical and criminal background check as of July, but I’m still waiting on hire date. 

 

Is it possible they don’t hire you after the whole process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Any clue what it means if the keep posting for the position online?

 

I’ve completed my medical and criminal background check as of July, but I’m still waiting on hire date. 

 

Is it possible they don’t hire you after the whole process?

Have you contacted your recruiter? When doing my medical I was recommended to stay in contact every couple weeks with my recruiter, after finding out you passed everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RailGuyCT said:

Have you contacted your recruiter? When doing my medical I was recommended to stay in contact every couple weeks with my recruiter, after finding out you passed everything.

 

Yes, I was told that I’m just waiting approval.  I have no negative factors in my background or criminal history, and I was already informed I passed the toxicology and medical.

guess I’m just overthinking it since I’ve completed the process in July.

 

but I keep seeing the position get posted online every two weeks.

Edited by NycHopeful718

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the hiring freeze is still in place

If you look at the transformation plan implementation timeline on page 31

https://new.mta.info/sites/default/files/2019-07/MTA Transformation Plan - Report.pdf

it extends a few months after the implementation of the Transformation Management Office.

 

According to this press release

http://www.mta.info/press-release/mta-headquarters/mta-board-approves-transformation-plan-–-agency-be-reorganized-first

October 15, 2019 - The MTA will hire and have in place a Chief Transformation Officer and establish the Office of Transformation Management, as well as complete a detailed Reorganization Implementation Plan.

The postings popping up recently are for anticipation of it being over soon.  Good luck all

 

 

 

Edited by roadster991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 9:48 AM, roadster991 said:

I think the hiring freeze is still in place

If you look at the transformation plan implementation timeline on page 31

https://new.mta.info/sites/default/files/2019-07/MTA Transformation Plan - Report.pdf

it extends a few months after the implementation of the Transformation Management Office.

 

According to this press release

http://www.mta.info/press-release/mta-headquarters/mta-board-approves-transformation-plan-–-agency-be-reorganized-first

October 15, 2019 - The MTA will hire and have in place a Chief Transformation Officer and establish the Office of Transformation Management, as well as complete a detailed Reorganization Implementation Plan.

The postings popping up recently are for anticipation of it being over soon.  Good luck all

 

 

 

They definitely are still hiring. I got a call today with a start date. PAT and medical was roughly a month ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, RailGuyCT said:

They definitely are still hiring. I got a call today with a start date. PAT and medical was roughly a month ago

Same.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, NycHopeful718 said:

Same.

I applied for conductor trainee. I finished my PAT,Medical and submitted 2nd background check on 10/26 and was given a conditional offer. I have charges but currently no convictions. I was told that start date is October 30 but they are still havent head back from recruiter. Could they take back offer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

When did you apply?

 

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I applied last year but I tested in june, interviewed in July. Given conditional offer end of August  and took PAT and Med early September. Was given start date pending 2nd background and med/PAT. I passed but still waiting on 2nd background. It was submitted from September 26th. When I got the conditional I was told start date was October 30th 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.