MNRR Carman Wreck Crew

CrazyD

• +Young+ changed the title to MNRR Carman Wreck Crew
  • 3 weeks later...

Successfully passed this test. Now i'm on to the background check. How long does it take? Will I get a notification of it being complete? If anyone know's the answer's please let me know, in the meantime I will continue to post here until the process is complete whether I am hired or not that way anyone in the future can prepare themselves for what's ahead. 

2 hours ago, CrazyD said:

Successfully passed this test. Now i'm on to the background check. How long does it take? Will I get a notification of it being complete? If anyone know's the answer's please let me know, in the meantime I will continue to post here until the process is complete whether I am hired or not that way anyone in the future can prepare themselves for what's ahead. 

Did you do a background for the terminal Appearance attendant it's probably the same thing.

49 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Did you do a background for the terminal Appearance attendant it's probably the same thing.

Yeah I did. That one was completed when I was on the same vendors website to do this one, no confirmation e-mail at all for it. Have you heard any news regarding that position? 

3 hours ago, CrazyD said:

Yeah I did. That one was completed when I was on the same vendors website to do this one, no confirmation e-mail at all for it. Have you heard any news regarding that position? 

Nothing yet probably has something to do with the hiring freeze. Guess we have to wait till Spring time.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know the difficulty to get a CDL B license? I know it's very expensive.... I can drive a forklift and a 3500 pickup/work truck, but no experience at all with CDL vehicles. I am actually surprised I could test, considering they said you need one within 60 days of hire for this position. 

Okay guys, I received a phone call this afternoon and I have a practical skills test following the written one I took. Wish me luck everyone please! I'll keep this thread updated with details for anyone else making it into this position. 

Well, it wasn't a motor. It was 2 pieces of sheet metal connected by bolts and spacers. Overall, wasn't that bad I assembled and disassembled within the time limit of 70 minutes. Next step they said is an AWS vertical stick welding test. 

Well, I failed the test. They have no mercy and I did not mention the other requirement. I tried to assemble it back together as quick as I could and I did not get one bolt fastened tight enough within the time limit. All bolts must be fastened very tight. The next step is a 3G AWS arc welding test and then an interview. I hope this helps anyone else who is pursuing this position. Good luck! If anybody is truly mechanically inclined and has years of experience I have no doubt they are qualified. I happen to be still a bit green, I gave it my best shot and that's all that matters. I feel if I had only 10 more minutes I would have got it lol which is also why i say I'm still green. 

• 10 months later...

Hey Everyone I am new here and I am trying to get my foot in the MTA.

I  applied for Attendant Terminal Appearance, a few months ago .. like the ending of September.

I routinely check back on the website to see my status ; recently it said Passed Pre screening.

For those that currently hold the position, Does this mean they will call me back soon? 

How long from the time you put in the application did you hear back from them?

And what would be the next steps WHEN I do hear back from them? 

I really would like a opportunity to work for the MTA

Hopefully someone can answer my questions .

On 12/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, Godiva29 said:

Hey Everyone I am new here and I am trying to get my foot in the MTA.

I  applied for Attendant Terminal Appearance, a few months ago .. like the ending of September.

I routinely check back on the website to see my status ; recently it said Passed Pre screening.

For those that currently hold the position, Does this mean they will call me back soon? 

How long from the time you put in the application did you hear back from them?

And what would be the next steps WHEN I do hear back from them? 

I really would like a opportunity to work for the MTA

Hopefully someone can answer my questions .

I got in as a attendant terminal appearance in October. The timeline was like this - applied in September/October, test was in November, Interview was in March, PAT test and Drug test in September, was given a start day not long after that. The whole process could take a year.

Edited by Thinklikeamango