R32, 38, 44 and 46 LEDs

mark1447

hey mates got (2) question

How does a C/r or t/o change the LED roll signs on the R44/46 and the front/back R32/38 LEDs if there is no computer to a the route/destinations

and finally how would they add new routes and destinations to them,

do they open up the LEDs or sumin

just curious =)~~

PS Yes I know the 32/38 doesnt have LEDs im not a n00b :D:(

thxxz

hey mates got (2) question

How does a C/r or t/o change the LED roll signs on the R44/46 and the front/back R32/38 LEDs if there is no computer to a the route/destinations

and finally how would they add new routes and destinations to them,

do they open up the LEDs or sumin

just curious =)~~

PS Yes I know the 32/38 doesnt have LEDs im not a n00b :D:(

thxxz

The R-44 and R-46 have codes the C/R punch in on a box!

and finally how would they add new routes and destinations to them

There is a keyboard box inside the 44/46 cab. The C/R or T/O has to enter the passcode, then enter the proper sign code (anywhere from 1 to 4 digits) in order to display the proper sign. New routes and destinations can be programmed into the system via a cable and a laptop.

The 32/38 end sign is simple technology. It's a twirl-a-whirl dial with A-Z, 0-9, test and blank on it. You turn the dial to the setting you want and voilà. Obviously you can't add new signs onto this type of outmoded technology.

There is a keyboard box inside the 44/46 cab. The C/R or T/O has to enter the passcode, then enter the proper sign code (anywhere from 1 to 4 digits) in order to display the proper sign. New routes and destinations can be programmed into the system via a cable and a laptop.

The 32/38 end sign is simple technology. It's a twirl-a-whirl dial with A-Z, 0-9, test and blank on it. You turn the dial to the setting you want and voilà. Obviously you can't add new signs onto this type of outmoded technology.

Thanks and ducman998r too- I didnt notice that

Would the R44/46 take maybe the same LEDs from the 142s and later? or those need computers?

Nah, i wont think an R44 or R46 will run with the (Q) rollsign, yet i would like see it.

jus after da terrorist attacks, da (Q) was extended to continental, replacing da (R) in manhattan (from canal) nd queens. during dat time, not only hippos were used, but also 46s. so yes, there were rollsigns. in fact i saw them myself at 57th street once, wen i was on da <Q>.

Archived