Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Ilia

R-40M 4524-4525 Experimental interior

From nycsubway.org: 4524-4525 Modified. These two cars were experimentally tested with varying shades of brown and orange over the entire interior. This was ultimately used on some older equipment on both divisions.

I need any old timer's help on this one, I want to know when did those 2 cars had that experimental interior? I believe it was back in 1969 (while they were tested with cobra brake shoes, renumbered CB26-CB27) but I am not sure at all. But most importantly I want to see how the interior looked like. I couldn't find any pictures and I'm really surprised no one took or posted pictures of that interior on the net.

R-38 3992-3993 also had that orange and beige interior at some point, but also no pictures or anything.

If no one knows nor have any more info, that's how I imagine the interior looked like: (picture of R-40 and R-42 interiors by Joe Testagrose in 1969, 1971 and 1972 , edited by me for the orange interior representation.)

PNA0UiU.jpg

8QxeQJs.jpg

u5q2urH.jpg

Edited by Ilia

6 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Not bad. Though this belongs in the NYC Subway Photos and Videos Subforum.

Done.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1