January 2019 Bus Route & Schedule Changes

BM5 via Woodhaven

16 minutes ago, Axis said:

I can only imagine that having these bus "shuttles" seem like regular routes, would be to help them be easier to find/detect on BusTime. A little advertising of the actual shuttles themselves couldn't hurt though...

They won't do that. Just take a look what happened the last time they implemented this sort of service. Additionally, the buses may or may not appear on bustime if they are only extra runs (and not actual runs built into the schedule). That was the case when they ran shuttles on the Q102 (a route which normally runs every 20-30 minutes throughout the day).

It's much worse now because should the shuttle bus actually be MIA, there is no other option late at night (besides walking).

16 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

They won't do that. Just take a look what happened the last time they implemented this sort of service. Additionally, the buses may or may not appear on bustime if they are only extra runs (and not actual runs built into the schedule). That was the case when they ran shuttles on the Q102 (a route which normally runs every 20-30 minutes throughout the day).

It's much worse now because should the shuttle bus actually be MIA, there is no other option late at night (besides walking).

Not exactly a cakewalk for most people, but I can't see myself getting off a train at 157th, knowing it normally stops at 168th, it not stopping at 168th for whatever reason, then opting to wait for a bus that runs parallel to the very subway I got off of, to then take that bus -  knowing I have the ability to easily walk that distance within 5-10 mins or so....

Basically, a "f*** it" mentality..

15 hours ago, Axis said:

So basically...they don't know how to properly advertise the shuttles and/or they don't want to.

If it's not an SBS route, they won't go out of their way to advertise it.

I still tend to chuckle at the fact that real estate agents and/or realtors advertise express buses better than the MTA does.... Much better, infact.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:24 AM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Also, the M5 apparently runs overnight now between 157th and 168th Streets. Amazingly, there's no overnight schedule listed though on the timetable.

Not only that, but the route map in the M5 schedule still shows the 1 train stopping at 168th St., which it won't be doing for a whole year.

1 hour ago, TK27 said:

The S40/S90 schedule has changed. But I don’t know what’s the difference than before...

From what I noticed, a few trips were added in the morning, but that’s about it. 

None of the other SI local bus routes have their schedules updated, though.

Okay, so there's misinformation on what the SIM33C is supposed to do in Manhattan:

@SevenEleven @trife86

The bus schedule and turn-by-turn directions have the bus going via Madison Avenue, with timepoints along the Madison Avenue route, but the paddles and Bustime have it going up 6th Avenue. To make things more interesting, the description for the route says 'via Madison Avenue' on bustime. What is the official route?

47 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Okay, so there's misinformation on what the SIM33C is supposed to do in Manhattan:

@SevenEleven @trife86

The bus schedule and turn-by-turn directions have the bus going via Madison Avenue, with timepoints along the Madison Avenue route, but the paddles and Bustime have it going up 6th Avenue. To make things more interesting, the description for the route says 'via Madison Avenue' on bustime. What is the official route?

It's supposed to be via Madison Ave. Most likely someone not making proper maps. (The SIM4C is also messed up on BusTime as well.)

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

@SevenEleven @trife86

56 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

It's supposed to be via Madison Ave. Most likely someone not making proper maps. (The SIM4C is also messed up on BusTime as well.)

The SIM33C is basically the old X10. Even the time points are similar. Only difference is the bus ending in Mariners' Harbor and of course not terminating at 3rd and 57th, but everything else is pretty much the same give or take. I had a whole conversation about this with the Staten Island folks in the other advocacy group. I'll gave them a heads up on this mess so they can e-mail their contacts and have it fixed.  God... Always a problem.  

A few days ago, a bus operator posted the newly restored stops.  Whoever wrote up the damn memo had a typo in it, where it said January 13, 2018, so passengers were arguing and confused about when the restored stops were in effect.  Well some of the bus operators yelled about how they were in effect January 13, 2019 (today). The typo of course made it seem that they were already in effect, but then I found out that the stops were supposed to be in effect immediately after being restored.  Just too many hands in the pot, and the people making the memos clearly don't review the information before sending it out.

When they had that mess with the SIM3 buses skipping the service road, I had to have a quick conference call with one of my folks about it because passengers were irate. They were being taken all the way to Slosson and Victory instead of being dropped off by Fingerboard Road.  My contact had them make announcements over the radio to rectify the situation ASAP.

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

Well, buses are actually going up 6th Avenue, although a few might be going up Madison. Either way, these things should have been fixed long ago. 

6 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Well, buses are actually going up 6th Avenue, although a few might be going up Madison. Either way, these things should have been fixed long ago. 

I had a long conversation about this last week with @checkmatechamp13 and a few other folks and we talked about how much things were like the old X10. It should definitely be via Madison... Now let's see how long it takes them to fix this mess.

Archived