Why are there no "super express" lines??

duelingdragons

Like, say a line that runs from 42nd to the JFK stop on the (A).. I know there have been some in the past..

Is it just a revenue thing? Less stops = less fares because of lack of stops = less money?

This is what i've been saying!!!!!

- A

Like, say a line that runs from 42nd to the JFK stop on the (A).. I know there have been some in the past..

Is it just a revenue thing? Less stops = less fares because of lack of stops = less money?

42nd to JFK, sounds like a great idea! Lets call it the JFK Express (JFK) =)

The (JFK) was a good experiment for its time, but it wasn't practical, not because of less fares (it cost a premium fare of $5), but rather because it would get stuck behind other lines like the (A) which made stops that it skipped. Unless it has a dedicated ROW, I doubt any super-expresses would be anymore successful than it was. It would be interesting to see how the Queens-Super-Express which would have had trains spur off the IND Queens Blvd Line around 63rd Drive and run along the LIRR Mainline would have done.

Also one thing to add , I wouldnt call it supper express, rmember there are trains that follow in front of the train, so mainly the Train in front would be the super express..

Lets say you are at Chambers, here cums the (A), and behind is the (JFK) so mainly the (A) would be the first to make it, unless the TA was to build a track design for the super express

actually, the way i remember the service pattern, the (A) only ran express in brooklyn rush hours only so in brooklyn all other times, the (JFK) basically had its own track in brooklyn. but one reason it was discontinued was due to low ridership. and you cant be surprised. Why pay a total of $6.50 one way to take the (JFK) to a bus to the terminals when for one token you can take the (A) and transfer to the Port Authority's free shuttle bus? if they build a tunnel from the center tracks by Aquaduct and have it reach the terminals, it would work. but the PA wont like that since they will lose money with their AirTrain.

actually, the way i remember the service pattern, the (A) only ran express in brooklyn rush hours only so in brooklyn all other times, the (JFK) basically had its own track in brooklyn. but one reason it was discontinued was due to low ridership. and you cant be surprised. Why pay a total of $6.50 one way to take the (JFK) to a bus to the terminals when for one token you can take the (A) and transfer to the Port Authority's free shuttle bus? if they build a tunnel from the center tracks by Aquaduct and have it reach the terminals, it would work. but the PA wont like that since they will lose money with their AirTrain.

why would they lose capital if they can add turnstiles in the station

think about it. if the MTA were to build a subway to the airport terminals from the (A) at aquaduct, would you pay the 5 dollars for the port authority's airtrain at howard beach?

Oh i thought u ment link the PA trains to the (A)

well a better idea is possiable having the (S) Rkway go to JFK, cuz otherwise there would be a 4th southern term for (A), which would be stupid.. Unless the TA were to have the (A) runa round the JFK zone and bk to rkway, but would make the (A) a MUCH longer line

If there was space you could put the regular express on the local track to let the super express go by, then put the local that might be behind the regular express on the express track (as long as the track platforms) and switch them back after they each stop. Would require a few stations to get new signage but it would work!

- A

If amtrak (SEPTA) and (NJT) do it so can (MTA).

(9) express from penn station to south ferry would be a good idea i think. You could simply use the switches to get it around the local trains. North of times square you could have it skip every other stop with the (1).

<A> super express running between local and express tracks would work well. You could have the electronic train display to make sure folks get on the right train even if it ends up on a tack different from usual, or of the bullet/rollsign isnt marked correctly.

The switching system should be robust enough to handle even the most outlandish schemes.

- A

why do all that? the (S) doesn't provide manhattan service. and why add another terminal to the (A) when they could just bring back the (JFK)?

I meant make it a regular subway service run it every 25-35 minutes It could be (A)(C)(A)(C)(E)(A)(C)(A)(C)(E)(A)(C)(A)(C)<A>(E).

- A

I meant make it a regular subway service run it every 25-35 minutes It could be (A)(C)(A)(C)(E)(A)(C)(A)(C)(E)(A)(C)(A)(C)<A>(E).

- A

the (E)?? what is this a RH (M):)

so lets see

(E) from Jamaica, like its like 15-20 min from JFK, then via manhattan, brooklyn, o here we go queens again, and its near Jamison fron Rkway Blvd, and done ;D

I like the super express (9) idea to South Ferry too... makes a lot of sense, esp. for people looking to get to the Staten Island boats.

I hope you are noticing that by haing a "SUPER" express train, the T/A may not offer fares at a plain rate of $2 entering the system, they may just offer the entry for like $6, seeing that an Express bus cost $5 and the "SUPER" express train would be at a destination much faster then the Express Bus

for now its not such a gd Idea, UNLESS there is a special tunnel for that express train, so it wouldnt cause a dely on express

Archived