$9.5 million MTA plan for 'heavy duty' cleaning of subway cars and stations angers union

Union Tpke

1 hour ago, Union Tpke said:

How are you able to hold 15 pounds of groceries and post this?

I guess it's relative, but for a healthy able-bodied person who exercises routinely and whatnot, 15 pounds is not insanely heavy, especially if you spread the weight evenly across both hands (and/or arms). 

51 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Holy crap that’s clean 

https://mobile.twitter.com/danrivoli/status/1089597158687457286

An eye opener. Wouldn’t be so quick to crap on MTA Station Environment forces, though. They’ve had the same staffing levels since the 90s or something...  

It's one of those things that's literally unbelievable for a second. The last time I saw a station look this clean was probably Cortlandt Street in October.

52 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Holy crap that’s clean 

An eye opener. Wouldn’t be so quick to crap on MTA Station Environment forces, though. They’ve had the same staffing levels since the 90s or something...  

That starts getting into whether or not you think that station cleaners are something that should be done in house.

Doesn't PATH primarily use private cleaners? That's probably a more useful guide.

58 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Holy crap that’s clean 

That's good and all but call me when all of Chambers Street (J)(Z) looks like that 👌👌

2 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

That starts getting into whether or not you think that station cleaners are something that should be done in house.

Doesn't PATH primarily use private cleaners? That's probably a more useful guide.

I would hardly cite PATH as an example of best practices; their op costs are, what, 3x normal for even an FRA? 

From what I know, other transit systems seem to do their cleaning in house. 

2 minutes ago, RR503 said:

I would hardly cite PATH as an example of best practices; their op costs are, what, 3x normal for even an FRA? 

From what I know, other transit systems seem to do their cleaning in house. 

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I would assume their cleaning costs aren't counted in normal ops analyses.

13 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I would assume their cleaning costs aren't counted in normal ops analyses.

If they are a non-debt service, non-capital cost, they’re an operating expense per the NTD. 

If you’re gonna convince me that contracted cleaning is the way to go, I want an example from a transit agency (preferably agencIES) whose op costs don’t evoke a gold plated toilet.

I also would like to know what the comparative cost of in house cleaning would be — there are many, many cases in which things are unecessarily contracted out. 

13 hours ago, RR503 said:

If they are a non-debt service, non-capital cost, they’re an operating expense per the NTD. 

If you’re gonna convince me that contracted cleaning is the way to go, I want an example from a transit agency (preferably agencIES) whose op costs don’t evoke a gold plated toilet.

I also would like to know what the comparative cost of in house cleaning would be — there are many, many cases in which things are unecessarily contracted out. 

If you watch the Board meeting where Vanterpool brings this up, Byford argues that different cleaning techniques along with different cleaning supplies are being used and these techniques are being taught to the current cleaning staff.  Let's run with that for a second.  If so, I would expect to see cleaner stations.

I find the whole thing rather hilarious.  Since when did cleaning become such a convoluted thing?

16 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

How are you able to hold 15 pounds of groceries and post this?

I operate my mini smartphone with one hand. I don't buy into that phablet nonsense that device makers are so eager to push.

15 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

💪

And this. 15 pounds is not much. :)

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:48 AM, WestFarms36 said:

....If Veronica Vanterpool gives cleanliness such low importance, then I wonder her vagina smelling like a Chinese fish market and probably finds it okay.

You'd be surprised at how many women don't have (and/or fail to visit a) gynecologist.... But yet all the flack gets aimed at men for not getting regular check-ups.... The hypocrisy.

I've said this since grade school - The smell of a dirty chick is by FAR worse than that of any man (and I say this, with having hung around enough videogamers & TCG players at locals during my early-mid 20's..... I've also been in enough girls locker rooms during my HS years to know).....

OMFG, females be having some NASTY ass bedrooms! That's a deal breaker with me.... My great grandmother taught me a valuable lesson regarding that growing up, & I never ever forgot it... She said, there's 3 places a woman should always keep clean in her house - the bedroom (that's where she sleeps at), the bathroom (that's where she's [supposed to be] bathing at, and the kitchen (that's where she prepares the food for her family at)...... If anyone of those places are unkept or otherwise not on point, do not deal with that woman.

During my college years, I was talking to this chick (wasn't an LTR or anything like that) who ended up having a nasty ass bedroom.... I eventually broke it off with her.... I'll spare the graphic details for now, but turns out I was right to have done that.....

16 hours ago, RR503 said:

Holy crap that’s clean 

Brings back memories... When I went to Devry LIC, I used to walk (or take the shuttle bus provided by the owner of the complex) to Hunters point av on the (7) (instead of 33rd like most people did)... It wasn't really dirty per se, but real dingy - esp. on platform level.... Good to see they gave that station some TLC (and some god damn lighting !)

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

And this. 15 pounds is not much. :)

It can be done, apparently, but it isn't something I'd even want to do; I have my lazy moments....
(on top of that, I'm never on the subway with 15 pounds of anything anyway)

Archived