Employment History

RedViper90

I’m taking an exam with Metro North on Friday and the application that comes with it asks to put down an employment history for 10 years. Now, I’ve had many, many dead-end jobs since 2009 and I can’t even remember all of them. The only jobs I’ve kept track of are the ones on my resume (about 4 jobs). Can anyone shed some light and help me on this? Do you really need to put down every single job? I don’t know where to start. Please.

2 hours ago, RedViper90 said:

I’m taking an exam with Metro North on Friday and the application that comes with it asks to put down an employment history for 10 years. Now, I’ve had many, many dead-end jobs since 2009 and I can’t even remember all of them. The only jobs I’ve kept track of are the ones on my resume (about 4 jobs). Can anyone shed some light and help me on this? Do you really need to put down every single job? I don’t know where to start. Please.

Me 2 friday as well we may see eachother. YES based on what I read from this forum, they will terminate you if you do not disclose EVERY job you ever had. They dont care if you were fired or not, just if you worked there. You will be required to show a paystub or W-2 form to sterling talent the background check people for the MTA. Btw did you pass your HVAC exam? 

5 hours ago, jake3178 said:

Go to your local social security office and pay for a detailed employment history print out, it will have dates / company name etc.

That's what I did for transit.

Is it free? Can I just walk in and get it printed right away? I need it by Friday morning.

20 hours ago, CrazyD said:

Me 2 friday as well we may see eachother. YES based on what I read from this forum, they will terminate you if you do not disclose EVERY job you ever had. They dont care if you were fired or not, just if you worked there. You will be required to show a paystub or W-2 form to sterling talent the background check people for the MTA. Btw did you pass your HVAC exam? 

Hey, CrazyD. I haven’t taken any exams for MNR yet. The HVAC test is on Friday morning. I guess I’ll have no choice but to show them everything. The problem is remembering all of my jobs.

1 hour ago, RedViper90 said:

Is it free? Can I just walk in and get it printed right away? I need it by Friday morning.

It cost $110 (One Hundred and Ten Dollars). You can pay it either with a personal check or a credit/debit card.

16 hours ago, RedViper90 said:

Hey, CrazyD. I haven’t taken any exams for MNR yet. The HVAC test is on Friday morning. I guess I’ll have no choice but to show them everything. The problem is remembering all of my jobs.

I would do what everyone else is suggesting if you cannot remember every job you have had. That document everyone is saying to obtain will answer any questions you have or they will have it sounds like. Better safe than sorry as far as the background check is concerned it seems. I had no idea they would go as far as termination if you do not disclose all of that information. Via another thread someone stated even after their probationary period they terminated over not full disclosure of employment... 

Archived