Introduce MTA Apple Award to NYC Subways and Trains?

FamousNYLover

Introduce Apple Award to Subways, SIR, MNRR, LIRR  

1. 1. Introduce Apple Award to Subways, SIR, MNRR, LIRR

• Yes, it is great idea.
    • No, not great idea.
    • Maybe
    • Not sure.

I learned that excellent bus driver with common cortesy gets MTA NYCT Big Apple Award.

Maybe, NYC Subways, SIR, MNRR and LIRR should create Subway/Railroad Big Apple Award for friendly train engineers and conductors, well as station agent.

Reasons

One time my mom and I got on Flushing-bound <7> express with very details and cortesy conductors and very detail announcement.

Long time ago, I got on Queens-bound (E) train and conductor mentioned every neighborhood as train open the door at it's stop.

Another time, nice train engineer give me some kind of French guidebook on (A), even thought I don't speak French.

I also think one of station agent at Grand Central Terminal's MNRR, well as Croton-Harmon has been very cortesy to me.

What do you girls/guys think?

• 1 year later...

I was just thinking about this and there should be an award similiar to the Apple Award for C/Rs and for T/Os who display courtesy.

C/Rs do more than just open/close doors and check indication lights: they help sick passengers and passengers who need assisstance or directions for example.

I don't think it's a great idea it is only for employees who come into actual contact with the public now Station Agents,Station Cleaners and Platform Conductors I could see getting these awards only because the train crews are confined to the cab and only the Conductor have a limited amount of contact with customers so I don't know its not an easy call

Why should someone be rewarded for doing something that they're supposed to be doing in the first place?

The award has nothing to do with just someone doing their job like they are suppose to. It's for doing above and beyond their job. And for giving extraordinary service.

The award has nothing to do with just someone doing their job like they are suppose to. It's for doing above and beyond their job. And for giving extraordinary service.

I do that everyday, then I should have a storage room full of trophies and awards

Why should someone be rewarded for doing something that they're supposed to be doing in the first place?

If you think it's Easy my boy then please fill out the application ,Then wait A couple of years ,Then get called ,Then go do Training,Then go into (S)ervice ,Then go try after the (MTA)spits right back at you,Then go back and do it day after day working with our beloved Public that by the way loves us so,Then let's see how you react :)(G)ood (L)uck :tup:

Archived