Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
R62A7TrainFan

R62A 7 and 6 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

The R62As are heavily missed in the railfan community on the (7) and they obviously ruined the (6) because of CBTC on the (7). I personally don't like 62As on the (6) and they should put them on the (4) and (5) and swap (2)(4)(5) NTTs for the (6) because lots of railfans will be interested in R142s officially take over the (6).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh My bat shit crazy mother of mary to hell... what?!? Are you serious? These threads lately have really been scuffing my timbs. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

  • LMAO! 8
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think the MTA has or will ever make fleet decisions based on what rail fans want, you're batshit crazy...

  • LMAO! 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly i believe this is a matter of opinion...I actually like the 62A (6) . Runs much better then the R142A with less breakdowns. R188s (and converted R142As) are running as much as they did on Pelham and they are still holding up

 

Edited by Train92
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

The R62As are heavily missed in the railfan community on the (7) and they obviously ruined the (6) because of CBTC on the (7). I personally don't like 62As on the (6) and they should put them on the (4) and (5) and swap (2)(4)(5) NTTs for the (6) because lots of railfans will be interested in R142s officially take over the (6).

While we're at it why don't the MTA also assemble an elite recovery team to bring back the redbirds and the other 60 foot SMEE's they dumped in the ocean last decade. I'm pretty sure railfans miss them on their respected lines as well.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

The R62As are heavily missed in the railfan community on the (7) and they obviously ruined the (6) because of CBTC on the (7). I personally don't like 62As on the (6) and they should put them on the (4) and (5) and swap (2)(4)(5) NTTs for the (6) because lots of railfans will be interested in R142s officially take over the (6).

The MTA doesn't care for us railfans. Could you pretty please go to 2 Broadway and beg Mr. Byford to do exactly what you said above? I can almost guarantee his answer will be a big fat no. 

And does it really matter? I really miss the R62A (7), but the R142A (6) is something many youngsters around here have a hard-on for. It's okay to miss it and/or like it, but not to the point of obsessing over it.  And before you criticize me, there's a difference between simply liking it and foaming/obsessing over it. 

If you want NTTs back on the (6) again, you'll have to wait a few more years for the R262s to start arriving. But for now, be patient for the latters to arrive, and stop making silly threads like these... 

Edited by Coney Island Av
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

The MTA doesn't care for us railfans. Could you pretty please go to 2 Broadway and beg Mr. Byford to do exactly what you said above? I can almost guarantee his answer will be a big fat no. 

And does it really matter? I really miss the R62A (7), but the R142A (6) is something many youngsters around here have a hard-on for. It's okay to miss it and/or like it, but not to the point of obsessing over it, which is what you're definitely doing in this situation. 

If you want NTTs back on the (6) again, you'll have to wait a few more years for the R262s to start arriving. But for now, be patient for the latters to arrive, and stop making silly threads like these... 

First of all, latters isn't a word 

Secondly, when will the R262s be expected?

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody relax. You can tell this the originator is obviously new and not familiar with the regulation and rules to the forums we were all new once. He'll learn. Mods lock this thread up.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe OP will be lucky and they'll throw an Corona Yard 62A single in the consist of the TOMC when it runs on Mets opening day, assuming it can be done despite the line being CBTC.. That's the only chance you would be able to ride an 62A on the (7) again. Yea the 62As are still an active fleet but they did fantrips of active fleet cars back in the day, like in the pre GOH era. And I think the museum 42s were used in the parade of trains one year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

First of all, latters isn't a word 

Secondly, when will the R262s be expected?

Out of the whole paragraph, thats the only thing that went through your mind?

  • LMAO! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

The MTA doesn't care for us railfans. Could you pretty please go to 2 Broadway and beg Mr. Byford to do exactly what you said above? I can almost guarantee his answer will be a big fat no. 

And does it really matter? I really miss the R62A (7), but the R142A (6) is something many youngsters around here have a hard-on for. It's okay to miss it and/or like it, but not to the point of obsessing over it.  And before you criticize me, there's a difference between simply liking it and foaming/obsessing over it. 

If you want NTTs back on the (6) again, you'll have to wait a few more years for the R262s to start arriving. But for now, be patient for the latters to arrive, and stop making silly threads like these...

It's nothing serious to worry about. Just move on, let it go

Edited by Calvin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the 62A (7) and 142A (6) too. However, (as a railfan myself), I care about improving our practices in terms of Operations and Management along with improving On Time Performance more than where certain fleets go. CBTC works really well on the (7) (When it works and doesn't back up every train). And Westchester Yard maintains the R62A's better than how they did with the R142A's if I'm not mistaken. It's okay to have your own opinions, but it's also important to be logical with why things are the way they are.

If anything, this thread is unnecessary and should be locked! Now Good day to all of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, welcome to the forums @R62A7TrainFan. Hope you enjoy your stay. Secondly, as several other posters have mentioned, car assignments are based on fleet requirements for the services in question, not on railfan preference. If it was based on the latter, I'd see 32s on every line. :D<_< Thirdly, posts like the original post are better suited in the random thoughts thread since this pretty much was a random thought, at least in my observation.

Finally, why is it that whenever there's a new member, we somehow gain 30 new moderators as well? One response explaining why this would not be possible is quite sufficient. If that fails, flag the post and/or ping one of the mod staff and we'll handle it.

  • Thanks 6
  • LMAO! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

The R62As are heavily missed in the railfan community on the (7) and they obviously ruined the (6) because of CBTC on the (7). I personally don't like 62As on the (6) and they should put them on the (4) and (5) and swap (2)(4)(5) NTTs for the (6) because lots of railfans will be interested in R142s officially take over the (6).

You must not take the (2) and (5) lines during weekdays like I do because THEY NEED THOSE NTTS TO QUICKLY SWITCH THE SIGNS AT FLATBUSH AVENUE!!!!! They do this VERY FREQUENTLY. In fact, just yesterday I was on the (5) train coming home from my college classes and when it got to Flatbush Avenue, it pulled in on Track 3, which is what the (2) train uses. It left as a (2) afterwards. Leave the NTTs on the (2) and (5) alone, and let’s leave the R62As on the (6) alone until the R262s arrive. Until then, the (6) ain’t getting jack shit from the (2)(4) and (5).

 

And if you think the R62As ruined the (6) line, you must be smoking marijuana.

Edited by JeremiahC99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

You must not take the (2) and (5) lines during weekdays like I do because THEY NEED THOSE NTTS TO QUICKLY SWITCH THE SIGNS AT FLATBUSH AVENUE!!!!! They do this VERY FREQUENTLY. In fact, just yesterday I was on the (5) train coming home from my college classes and when it got to Flatbush Avenue, it pulled in on Track 3, which is what the (2) train uses. It left as a (2) afterwards. Leave the NTTs on the (2) and (5) alone, and let’s leave the R62As on the (6) alone until the R262s arrive. Until then, the (6) ain’t getting jack shit from the (2)(4) and (5).

 

And if you think the R62As ruined the (6) line, you must be smoking marijuana.

Something must be wrong with you if I "smoke marijuana" beside you don't have to necessarily ride the (2) and (5) for the trains to switch signs. I honestly don't care for when the train switches their signs. If you have a problem with me saying that the 62As ruined the (6) line it's MY opinion. You're getting offended over an opinion. Calm the f**k down please? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to point out: Once the 2 or 5 arrives at Flatbush Av, they go back to the Bronx right away (after 3-5 minutes on weekdays).

Edited by Calvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lance said:

First off, welcome to the forums @R62A7TrainFan. Hope you enjoy your stay. Secondly, as several other posters have mentioned, car assignments are based on fleet requirements for the services in question, not on railfan preference. If it was based on the latter, I'd see 32s on every line. :D<_< Thirdly, posts like the original post are better suited in the random thoughts thread since this pretty much was a random thought, at least in my observation.

Finally, why is it that whenever there's a new member, we somehow gain 30 new moderators as well? One response explaining why this would not be possible is quite sufficient. If that fails, flag the post and/or ping one of the mod staff and we'll handle it.

Ok, thanks. Question:

Would you get offended over someone saying the R62As ruined the (6) line OVER AN OPINION?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Once the 2 or 5 arrives at Flatbush Av, they go back to the Bronx right away (after 3-5 minutes on weekdays).

As a daily user of the (2) and (5) into Flatbush, I can say that you are right, but I have personally seen some (5) trains change into (2) trains and vice versa when one line doesn’t enter on its assigned track (I.e, (5) train enters on Track 3 instead of track 2, which was what my (5) train did yesterday). That 3-5 minute break is used for the next train crew to change the signs.

Edited by JeremiahC99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

Something must be wrong with you if I "smoke marijuana" beside you don't have to necessarily ride the (2) and (5) for the trains to switch signs. I honestly don't care for when the train switches their signs. If you have a problem with me saying that the 62As ruined the (6) line it's MY opinion. You're getting offended over an opinion. Calm the f**k down please? Thanks.

I was offended over you wanting the put the R62As on the (2) and (5) so you can get NTTs on the (6) which is not only unnecessary, but would create problems on the (2) and (5) by making operations of both lines painful. Do you even know how the (2) and (5) operations work?

 

Also, the marijuana comment was a homage to Mayor DeBlasios reaction to Governor Cuomo’s MTA Budget Plan that came out three weeks ago. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I was offended over you wanting the put the R62As on the (2) and (5) so you can get NTTs on the (6) which is not only unnecessary, but would create problems on the (2) and (5) by making operations of both lines painful. Do you even know how the (2) and (5) operations work?

 

Also, the marijuana comment was a homage to Mayor DeBlasios reaction to Governor Cuomo’s MTA Budget Plan that came out three weeks ago. 

Like I said calm down.

R62As have ran MANY times on the (2) and once in '01 on the (5). Even if you thought about it, was the marijuana comment even necessary?

I'm gonna take it as a joke that you have feeling over trains and an opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

Like I said calm down.

R62As have ran MANY times on the (2) and once in '01 on the (5). Even if you thought about it, was the marijuana comment even necessary?

I'm gonna take it as a joke that you have feeling over trains and an opinion.

The R62As on the (2) were only for weekend service and the brief stint on the (5) back in '01 was from before all the R142s were delivered.

 

I just have feeling over any proposal that can negatively impact service not only on the (2) and (5), but on the ENTIRE Brooklyn IRT lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Train92 said:

Out of the whole paragraph, thats the only thing that went through your mind?

Amazing how much grammar matters when he's on the attack.

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Train92 said:

Out of the whole paragraph, thats the only thing that went through your mind?

Thanks for the attack!!!!! Jesus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

Thanks for the attack!!!!! Jesus 

18 hours ago, Coney Island Av said:

The MTA doesn't care for us railfans. Could you pretty please go to 2 Broadway and beg Mr. Byford to do exactly what you said above? I can almost guarantee his answer will be a big fat no. 

And does it really matter? I really miss the R62A (7), but the R142A (6) is something many youngsters around here have a hard-on for. It's okay to miss it and/or like it, but not to the point of obsessing over it.  And before you criticize me, there's a difference between simply liking it and foaming/obsessing over it. 

If you want NTTs back on the (6) again, you'll have to wait a few more years for the R262s to start arriving. But for now, be patient for the latters to arrive, and stop making silly threads like these... 

 

18 hours ago, R62A7TrainFan said:

First of all, latters isn't a word 

Wasn't an attack, its just that out of the whole paragraph that @Coney Island Av wrote, you chose to out him on a word, instead of, oh I don't know, the whole sentence before hand?

"And does it really matter? I really miss the R62A (7), but the R142A (6) is something many youngsters around here have a hard-on for. It's okay to miss it and/or like it, but not to the point of obsessing over it.  And before you criticize me, there's a difference between simply liking it and foaming/obsessing over it."

Edited by Train92
dead space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.