Man fatally shot at Queens subway station after dispute

BM5 via Woodhaven

https://abc7ny.com/man-fatally-shot-at-subway-station-in-queens/5119077/

5119128_020319-wabc-subwayshootingnew-im

JACKSON HEIGHTS, Queens (WABC) --

Police are investigating after a man was fatally shot at a subway station in Queens Sunday.

According to the NYPD, the shooting happened at about 12:45 p.m. at the 90th Street station at Roosevelt Avenue and Elmhurst Avenue in Jackson Heights.

Investigators say the incident stemmed from a dispute that started on a Manhattan-bound 7 train and ended on the subway platform.

The victim, said to be 20-30 years old, was shot in the head and was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity has not yet been released.

The gunman fled the location, police say.

The incident led to service disruptions and delays on the 7 line as trains bypassed the 90th Street station in both directions.

34th Street bound 7 trains are running express from Mets-Willets Pt to 74 St-Broadway while the NYPD investigates.

10 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

This incident was caught on video, nothing graphic is shown but you can hear the gunshot and the chaos afterwards..

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=k9JAq_1549229657

Stuff like this is why people take Uber!

Situations like reinforce my stance on breaking up fights. Back then, maybe it was possible, when stuff was basically fist fights, but now, forget it. You don't know what people are carrying with them, and the way the MTA is lax with their rules makes it more acceptable for some. There were a few people who genuinely tried to intervene, but look at how that ended. We don't know what is the motive, but if someone really wants something to happen, they will make it happen. If you're preventing them from getting their target, they'll take care of you too. 

Also, not surprised, but SMH at having to shoot someone over something trivial/stupid. 

The person who recorded the video mad a comment asking why an MTA employee didn't intervene. Simply put, they aren't trained to handle a tragic occurrence such as this. If anything, it would've resulted in two people shot dead instead of one. It's easy to point the finger when something like this happens, but there really is no way to anticipate something like this breaking out.

2 hours ago, rondread445 said:

That was cold and heartless, Six times! He shot him six times over something stupid. Guy needs to be thrown underneath the jail. It's scary because you never know what the person next to is carrying. 

It's scary that the person next to you could be a victim too, I once sat next to a kid coming home from school who was murdered with a gun in a gang attack when exiting. The crime rates are going down in this city, but it's still all too common and despicable honestly to see people do this c*ap in general. 

6 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

It's scary that the person next to you could be a victim too, I once sat next to a kid coming home from school who was murdered with a gun in a gang attack when exiting. The crime rates are going down in this city, but it's still all too common and despicable honestly to see people do this c*ap in general. 

2 hours ago, rondread445 said:

That was cold and heartless, Six times! He shot him six times over something stupid. Guy needs to be thrown underneath the jail. It's scary because you never know what the person next to is carrying. 

People get so pissed off easily.

I remember this one train ride, as people were getting on, this one man had the misfortune of just bumping slightly into another man. That man got angry and he kept repeating a  threat, and he wouldn't shut up for the next 5 minutes. This was back 4 years ago.

I rode the Q44 about a year ago, and this man gets on and blasts his music for everyone to here. An older man who was sitting told him to quiet it down, and music man deciced he had the right to listen to his music without headphones. Like, are they really that expensive for him? Like the other example, music man went on and on for 20 minutes.

I remember I stepped on someone's shoe by accident, and he went ballistic, as if I had done it intentionally. Dude was taking up 2 seats, too.

Then there was that one time I sleeping on the subway and this guy comes up to me and threatens me to move so that a pregnant woman who had gotten on could get a seat. Of course, it had to be me and not the other 8 people who were sitting in my section. This was back in 2013.

And none of them the illegal immigrant gang member type, too. In fact, pregnant lady guy is this white dude that I've seen a couple of times. He comes into the car, and starts offering every woman in the car if they want to sit down.

DISGRACEFUL!! 

DISGUSTING!! 

DESPICABLE!! 

Its saddening to hear that people lack common sense and don’t know their place in society!! Thinking it’s alright to shoot someone over some petty BS. I’d say, this is especially heinous and I wouldn’t be surprised if this dude (the shooter) got a harsh punishment on him.

is it me or do I feel like events like these have a direct correlation with mental health or something like that? 

8 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

DISGRACEFUL!! 

DISGUSTING!! 

DESPICABLE!! 

Its saddening to hear that people lack common sense and don’t know their place in society!! Thinking it’s alright to shoot someone over some petty BS. I’d say, this is especially heinous and I wouldn’t be surprised if this dude (the shooter) got a harsh punishment on him.

is it me or do I feel like events like these have a direct correlation with mental health or something like that? 

Gang people dont care who they hurt or kill until someone in their family is killed too. 

15 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

DISGRACEFUL!! 

DISGUSTING!! 

DESPICABLE!! 

This is not really a mental health issue so much, it's more of a gang issue. Sure, guns are in the wrong hands in this scenario, but even if you take away the guns, they'll find a way to get at their target in some other way. Also, for MS-13, this is actually a relatively tame event. It's a bit concerning to know that there's a presence within city limits, as they're normally out on Long Island. 

34 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

This is not really a mental health issue so much, it's more of a gang issue. Sure, guns are in the wrong hands in this scenario, but even if you take away the guns, they'll find a way to get at their target in some other way. Also, for MS-13, this is actually a relatively tame event. It's a bit concerning to know that there's a presence within city limits, as they're normally out on Long Island. 

Yes.  From the looks of this, it looks to be gang-related. 

23 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Situations like reinforce my stance on breaking up fights. Back then, maybe it was possible, when stuff was basically fist fights, but now, forget it. You don't know what people are carrying with them, and the way the MTA is lax with their rules makes it more acceptable for some. There were a few people who genuinely tried to intervene, but look at how that ended. We don't know what is the motive, but if someone really wants something to happen, they will make it happen. If you're preventing them from getting their target, they'll take care of you too. 

Also, not surprised, but SMH at having to shoot someone over something trivial/stupid. 

Yeah, that's why you MYOFB & keep it pushin..... I know of too many situations where the person trying to be a good damn samaritan ends up getting the worst of an altercation between 2 (or more) OTHER people..... I don't care about gender, what started it, what the situation was over, nothing.... Cold hearted? Call Judge Judy - Sue me..... People out here are goddamn stupid, ole nothing to live for sons of........

10 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

10 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Yes.  From the looks of this, it looks to be gang-related. 

They've been trying to expand (territorially) west of CI (Central Islip) & Brentwood, but the fact of the matter is that they have too much opposition; and I'm not talking about law enforcement either..... They're not that big out east (as in, the east coast)....

Archived